• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Preferred audio format?

Preferred audio format?

• CD

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Vinyl (any size/speed)

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Cassette

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 8-Track

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blu-Ray Audio

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Digital Download/Stream

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Something else? :o

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AnimalCrossingPerson

Please respect GDPR
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
20 Envelopes
Red Candy
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Lucky
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
You know, for listening to all those jammin' tunes you've got.

There could be some interesting arguments between CD and vinyl here. I feel that vinyl has the potential of better sound quality, but nearly always won't.

doesn't really matter as long as it's not on a format made before 2000. cassettes vinyl, etc., don't sound as good as CD's can

Digital. They are way easier to find online and you don't need to buy CDs of all the bands you like. It sucked back in the hardcopy age when you liked an artist but you only liked two songs of theirs so you were stuck with the rest of the CD. Digital you can just download the one or two songs and be done with it. Plus it's free.

I feel like the only CD lover here. They're higher quality than MP3s by an unnoticeable amount, can be played in CD players, are usually the same price or cheaper and they're physical things so you can see your collection grow or sell them second-hand. Then again, I guess with downloaded music you won't end up with this issue:
View attachment 201035

Yes, CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, VHS tapes and PC games are all kept in the same place and it eventually turns into some sort of Jenga scenario. If you're wondering what's on that CD-R, 4 seconds of silence by the looks of things, although maybe it'll show up with something if put into a computer.

I haven't bought a CD since 2009 when I got the album Nothing Personal by All Time Low.
However, I personally don't want CDs now that it's easier to own digital copies. No worries about scratching a CD when it's digital.

I get physical copies of all the albums released by artists I love dearly. It just feels more special.

Generally, though, I like digital.

If it can be helped I'll buy CDs. Otherwise, I just torrent music.

I was born in the 80's so choosing anything other than cassette would be sacrilegious.

I like CDs the most but usually go digital to save space. I actually like buying full albums rather than single tracks because it helps me expand my musical tastes.

I was born in the 80's so choosing anything other than cassette would be sacrilegious.

Have you ever had a tape chewed? Somehow I haven't. However, I've had the tape inside snap, squeaky tapes, the foam that helps keep the tape against the head go missing, but never a classic tape-chewing. Very strange.

i've only ever bought one cd in my entire life and i can't even listen to it any more because it's garbage. makes my ears burn.

digital. i do buy the albums/singles/eps of artists i really like.

- - - Post Merge - - -

At my high school, once my entire year wasn't allowed to leave until someone fessed up to unravelling an entire cassette tape and running across the entire school with it.

VINYL BOI

Sure, it depends on the condition of the record and the record player you have, but if you get really good quality records and a really nice turntable... man, listening to records is like heaven to your ears. ~

- - - Post Merge - - -

Have you ever had a tape chewed? Somehow I haven't. However, I've had the tape inside snap, squeaky tapes, the foam that helps keep the tape against the head go missing, but never a classic tape-chewing. Very strange.

Tbh like every tape I've ever played has been chewed up in the cassette player lol

Still haven't found a good player, and it sucks cause I have so many good cassettes to listen to ;-;

Yes, as a matter of fact. One of my cats recently ate ~12" of tape from a cassette that she found inside a shoe box under the living room entertainment center. I discovered her evildoings later on, though it's probably best to keep the more stomach-turning details off the site. I'll just say that the cassette itself was the second half of my discovery.

I don't recall any of my old tapes being chewed by my radio/tape player. That thing was a beast.

Gotta pick streaming for the convenience, I really don't miss the times of not getting a CD player to work.
I do buy albums on CD if I love it completely, I do like to have physical copies for those.

i love CDs, i wont lie. i also think vinyl is very cool. though everything i have is digital because its just so much more portable.

Vinyl always.. I have a nifty little collection here and I love those old sounding tracks man. If we are talking physical things.

As for digital; anything but FLAC, I hate that file format because everything sounds way too clean and takes hours to download if it succeeds.

I pretty much exclusively listen to music online now? On occasion I'll listen to a CD in the car but yeah, like all digital music for me.

Back