Can someone explain agender to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone is a man and believes he is a woman, I don't have a problem with it until he starts acting childish and getting mad at people for not calling him a woman.

If a man dresses as a woman and wants to be referred to as she/her then I respect that choice. But I don't like it when people get furious over someone calling them a man when they identify as a woman. That's just ridiculous.

And what about mental illness?

Well scientists say that being transgender is a chemical imbalance... So that's where the mentally ill term comes along.

I don't care what people do with their body. But I made this thread because I seen some ignorant, and some hostile agenders online, and some transgenders who had really invalid points.. I didn't really understand much and still don't. I'm just the type of person who wants to know how their thought process and decision making skills work. And to listen to other peoples opinions....

Some people do get very disrespectful but I'm not one of those people. I just don't change my mind, but I still respect people and their feelings, because if I was in their shoes I would want respect too.

Most people I see on youtube, I don't even know they're transgender women or men until they/someone else says something. So that is good that they're happy. But what if years down the road they regret it? Because I have seen videos of people who have regret their transitions. Probably because they masked their issues instead of dealing with them.

Last edited:
idk man, I don't necessarily understand the feeling of being agender myself. But when a group of diverse people from all over the world tell you that they have a shared experience about how they feel about themselves and their identity that seems odd to you, what is more likely: that they're all lying, or that you're just biased?

idk man, I don't necessarily understand the feeling of being agender myself. But when a group of diverse people from all over the world tell you that they have a shared experience about how they feel about themselves and their identity that seems odd to you, what is more likely: that they're all lying, or that you're just biased?

I'm not biased, at least I don't think I am. I don't think all of them are lying either, I never said that. Some of them lie for attention or they're just confused. Some are the total opposite of what I explained previously. I still support people and I wont disrespect you or try to debate with you over how you feel inside like most people do.

I'm just that person who kept their comments to themselves for a very long time until I decided to make a thread to see other peoples thoughts.

idk I think of someone calling themselves "a gender" is just suggesting they don't want to label themselves as conforming to one gender. like if they are physically a woman but like more guy-oriented hobbies or clothing or whatever then they don't want to consider their gender as female which suggests liking more "girly" things. But personally I don't see the point in making a label for it just like what you like and wear what you want and whatever you don't have to like put it in your instagram bio

Something I never understood about agender, non-binary, or genderqueer was that these people are against society's gender rolls (girls wear skirts, boys wear suits), but then if they have a day they feel like a boy, they won't wear a skirt, and if they feel like a girl, they're going to wear a skirt. But they're against gender rolls, apparently, and then they partake in them to identify as a male or female?

I'm not talking about people who don't say "today i'm a male" or "today i'm a female", it's just those people who are against the rolls but then represent their gender with them that make me go whaaat?? It just seems contradictory.

If someone is a man and believes he is a woman, I don't have a problem with it until he starts acting childish and getting mad at people for not calling him a woman.

If a man dresses as a woman and wants to be referred to as she/her then I respect that choice. But I don't like it when people get furious over someone calling them a man when they identify as a woman. That's just ridiculous.

And what about mental illness?

It is true that there are people that believe transgender is a mental illness, but usually older people believe that. But here's a warning to keep in mind. Never call transgenderism a mental illness anywhere on GameFAQs boards. The mods there are extremely corrupt, and you can get moderated for "offensive content" for calling transgender a mental illness. In fact, I would boycott GameFAQs since you can't share conservative opinions on the transgender issue. Plus, the users on GameFAQs boards are very scummy.

It does seem like a mental issue, but it would be find for transgender people to identify with what they want as long as they don't get immature like what you said

I'm not biased, at least I don't think I am. I don't think all of them are lying either, I never said that. Some of them lie for attention or they're just confused. Some are the total opposite of what I explained previously. I still support people and I wont disrespect you or try to debate with you over how you feel inside like most people do.

I'm just that person who kept their comments to themselves for a very long time until I decided to make a thread to see other peoples thoughts.

I didn't mean you specifically, I should have clarified. I haven't read through the whole thread to see what's been discussed further and by whom. But just in general, when people question peoples' gender and sexual identities, I just don't understand the reasoning. A bunch of people say they experience a thing, and it harms no one, so what's the point of people (not you because I don't think you've gone as far as that) of trying to convince people that they're wrong?

Last edited:
a?gen?der
āˈjendər/
adjective
adjective: agender; adjective: a-gender
denoting or relating to a person who does not identify themselves as having a particular gender.

I think there's better places on the net to get a better answer to a more defined question(s) you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back