• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Can someone explain agender to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm going to clear this up right now. If I had a dollar for every gender I'd make a bargain of TWO DOLLARS. Because there are TWO genders. MALE and FEMALE. SJW's need to take a chill pill.

Last edited:
i see more people get annoyed at the thought of someone getting annoyed at pronouns wrong than people getting annoyed by someone using wrong pronouns tbh but ok

i have a trans friend and i have seen people refuse to call her a girl (she was born as a boy) because she has views on that you cant be trans unless you have gender dysphoria and you can only be male or female. one time it was about her political views too. 95% of people are fine with her though but i have to admit her views are pretty extreme at times on other subjects but it doesnt mean you shame her for not being in the same opinion zone

No, you should respect people's opinions unless they obvious nuts and hypocrite etc. and as long as they can argue for their point, true and you don't have to agree.

Also I don't really get your friend really. So just must have official gender dysphoria and you can only be another as for actual sex rather than gender? What about intersex people/hermaphrodites etc.. jesus man seems like she needs a chill pill or two.

Also I don't really get your friend really. So just must have official gender dysphoria and you can only be another as for actual sex rather than gender? What about intersex people/hermaphrodites etc.. jesus man seems like she needs a chill pill or two.

yeah, for some reason she never answers things about intersex people which is weird but i guess it doesnt really mean being trans anyway but the bad part is that she will label you as completely wrong if you have a different opinion to hers sooo im fine with people just ignoring her and her views or argue against it but i dont think its okay to say "okay, youre not trans anymore" for having absurd opinions

Last edited:
No, you should respect people's opinions unless they obvious nuts and hypocrite etc. and as long as they can argue for their point, true and you don't have to agree.

Intersex ≠ transgender

maybe i over-reacted but a lot of what was said can be incredibly hurtful for agender people, as if you're dismissing them as actual people, but it's nice that you're willing to listen to what other people have to say unlike so many people. i mean my parents never sat me down and had a talk about agender people (??) but who am i to dismiss what is a pretty not that hard to grasp concept....

Its okay and I'm sorry for being insensitive. I will try to reword next time. I have an advanced vocabulary but when I am confused, and not educated about the topic, it is really hard for me to put in words what I am trying to say.
I would call someone they/them if they asked, even if I don't believe in it. But I doubt I will ever personally meet an agender in my area...

For example, this girl I'm no longer friends with had a bad life. She changed her name and before I called her the name her mom gave her, I asked if it was okay first. Because I didn't want to give her any bad memories of her past.

I am one person you can always have a conversation with and I will listen, I know that arguing with someone because their views are different wont change anything.

Everyone I meet, no matter what it is about has to debate why what THEY think is right... I don't get it. Like no, this is the land of the free and home of the brave remember? I never understood why people argue over an opinion that doesn't even apply to them or their life what so ever.

I'm from a country area full of conservative people where that really isn't "normal".
Like my friend got disgusted because I hugged someone with downs syndrome and she called him a ****ing "it".
She also said that Caitlyn Jenner needed to die... Obviously that has nothing to do with LGBTQ but it shows an example of the people where I'm from. I had a teacher talk about how being gay wasn't okay..... in math.... how is that math?

Intersex doesn't exist. You can call yoirself that if it makes you feel better, but that doesn't change the fact that you are either a male or a female.

Intersex doesn't exist. You can call yoirself that if it makes you feel better, but that doesn't change the fact that you are either a male or a female.

wtf is intersex? I also heard of polygender and like twenty other terms that aren't nonbinary or trans..

wtf is intersex? I also heard of polygender and like twenty other terms that aren't nonbinary or trans..

I couldn't name 5 of them to save my life. None of them are real genders, so it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
Mental disorders. That's all they are.

This whole agender thing makes no damn sense.
How could you not have a gender????
Whatever's in your pants, is your real gender.
Like it's not that hard to understand, people.
Unless you have boobs and both sets of genetalia, then you're a Hermaphrodite.
It's male female or that.

Last edited:
It doesn't bother me when someone says that they don't identify as any gender, but it does bother me when they said they don't have a gender. They obviously do.

I also don't mind people who are transgender (I personally know someone who is transgender) but they only bother me when they flaunt it around all the time. Like you don't hear me ranting about how I'm a woman and everyone needs to acknowledge that, and in turn I don't want anyone else doing that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Idek really. Just people trying to come up with more ways to put labels on things, I guess.

i dont know if intersex exists or not, but its when you have male and female parts to your body mixed together, or that you have parts that arent defined as male or female
i dont think it exists but i might be wrong

i dont know if intersex exists or not, but its when you have male and female parts to your body mixed together, or that you have parts that arent defined as male or female
i dont think it exists but i might be wrong

I can understand if you physically have different body parts that may associate with mixed genders, but if someone is 100% physically(you know what I mean) a make or female, they make no sense whatsoever if they use that term for themselves.

Gender is physical, not mental.

Last edited:
I can understand if you physically have different body parts that may associate with mixed genders, but if someone is 100% physically(you know what I mean) a make or female, they make no sense whatsoever if they use that term for themselves.

Gender is physical, not mental.

if anyone says that they are intersex but are fully female or male then yeah thats really silly to say that they feel that way because you cant feel like you have mixed reproductive organs

Last edited:
That's how I feel about everything now. Everything is just a label. People always make a label for EVERYTHING.
I also believe being transgender is a mental illness, it isn't being born in a wrong body, its proven that it is a chemical imbalance in your brain. You can't argue against science. But I will respect people and call them he/she because they struggled enough to earn that, at least. (I relate a little, because I have depression and I get told it isn't real.)

If you didn't see the comment I put, this one girl from my town wants her nipples removed, she says she struggles because she is agender. BUT, males have nipples too? Why wouldn't you just remove your breasts then, instead of your nipples? She complained about not feeling comfortable in her body and wants her nipples removed (WHICH EVERYONE HAS NIPPLES) but proceeded to post a photo of her breasts with her nipples covered with makeup so it looked like she had none... Men don't have breasts, the logical thing would be to remove them, to be more gender neutral. They're not barely there either, she is literally not flat chested AT ALL. She doesn't wear a binder or anything either.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Intersex can exist but that's more of a medical problem than mental. Some people ARE born with both. When you're a fetus you start off as a female and as you grow your gender does as well. I'm assuming it could be linked to that and development issues. I'm not totally sure. I thought that was called a hermaphrodite?

I'm pretty sure intersex is real lmfaoo
It's not that crazy to think you could be born with both female and male genitalia

Yeah the nipple thing makes no ****ing sense. She needs therapy instead of some stupid surgery.

Hermaphrodite is when you have both sets of genitalia.
Intersex is essentially the same thing but ~comfortable~ for those dumb SJWs who want to feel special.

Like I said, it's either Male, Female, or Hermaphrodite. If a person seriously believes they're something other than those three(or all of them at once, or neither) then they probably have a mental disorder and should seek help ASAP.

Mental disorders. That's all they are.

This whole agender thing makes no damn sense.
How could you not have a gender????
Whatever's in your pants, is your real gender.
Like it's not that hard to understand, people.
Unless you have boobs and both sets of genetalia, then you're a Hermaphrodite.
It's male female or that.

Gender is in your head. It's your sex which is which one of the two people reproducing you'll be (the man or woman).

Let me run through an example to make this clear.

John was wandering down the street one day and saw a dress he really liked the look of. John started wearing this dress and signed up to Tumblr. John's gender is now female because he believes so.

I'm on the fence about if this is just insanity or not.

Gender is in your head. It's your sex which is which one of the two people reproducing you'll be (the man or woman).

John was wandering down the street one day and saw a dress he really liked the look of. John started wearing this dress and signed up to Tumblr. John's gender is now female because he believes so.

This make me question everything I thought I knew.

No, wearing a dress does not physically change your gender. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back