• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

3D arts: environment props

Annd I'm back.

hUx8ctp.png

mFuQlbs.png

Might not be perfect so shoot me but I am glad to be done for tonight.

Added a few more deets.
RjLK9wn.png

This is what it looks like when your seat belt isn't fastened. That's what you get you silly pink rectangle!

vyRhQI6.png

Wait a second.

Qvim8rt.png

THERE ARE NO SEAT BELTS.

I didn't 3D model today but throwback to cringey work I've done!

leaf_hopper_by_cakepastel-d3fftov.png

This was when I was 19, in community college, using Zbrush for the first time! See, we all start somewhere! This is awful, haha!

Back to the taiyaki cart while I concept my RV furniture. Got good critique so I have to buff it up more.

fe6XXrB.png

I didn't 3D model today but throwback to cringey work I've done!

leaf_hopper_by_cakepastel-d3fftov.png

This was when I was 19, in community college, using Zbrush for the first time! See, we all start somewhere! This is awful, haha!

that texture tho! and his cute little feets! <3! ( I love bugs...)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Back to the taiyaki cart while I concept my RV furniture. Got good critique so I have to buff it up more.

fe6XXrB.png

10/10 would buy a delicious fish filled with bean paste from this cart.

Added a few more deets.
RjLK9wn.png

This is what it looks like when your seat belt isn't fastened. That's what you get you silly pink rectangle!

vyRhQI6.png

Wait a second.

Qvim8rt.png

THERE ARE NO SEAT BELTS.

That is pretty messed up, there are buckles but no belts! This is looking really really awesome though!

Added a couple small props.

L93aaLP.png

added a mini lantern, hook and the mold pan

HU67b0w.png

close up on lantern and hook

oi6HJCa.png

working a bit on the interior

Kind of died but I've been doing thumbnail concepts.

3RwufSx.png

It'd be really helpful if anyone could pick which one they like shown! 😌

I use Blender to mess with 3D video game models a lot but I would love to learn how to make 3D models that didn't look like poo T.T

Do you have any pointers?

I use Blender to mess with 3D video game models a lot but I would love to learn how to make 3D models that didn't look like poo T.T

Do you have any pointers?

I haven't used Blender at all. I know it's free compared to the $700 Zbrush or $400 if you're a student.

Hard surface modeling is easier than organic. Hard surface is making a bookshelf and organic is making a tree. I'm not sure if Blender does that other than organic?

So, either if this is a hobby or you wanna get into it professionally, I'd try to get into hard surface first. Maya or 3DSMax are both really good programs and are free for (college?) students. This might seem like a "duh!" answer but YouTube is great for tutorials.

One of my first basic assignments was creating a computer desk. Generally the cube or cylinder will be your first shape to start with. Feel free to ask anymore questions and I'll help you out the best I can.

I haven't used Blender at all. I know it's free compared to the $700 Zbrush or $400 if you're a student.

Hard surface modeling is easier than organic. Hard surface is making a bookshelf and organic is making a tree. I'm not sure if Blender does that other than organic?

So, either if this is a hobby or you wanna get into it professionally, I'd try to get into hard surface first. Maya or 3DSMax are both really good programs and are free for (college?) students. This might seem like a "duh!" answer but YouTube is great for tutorials.

One of my first basic assignments was creating a computer desk. Generally the cube or cylinder will be your first shape to start with. Feel free to ask anymore questions and I'll help you out the best I can.

It's just a hobby of mine that I would love to get into. I took a 3D Modeling class my senior year of high school and I enjoyed it a lot, though I wish they had done projects like making a computer desk or a bookshelf. I'm interested, if possible, in taking a 3d modeling class in college.

I'm pretty sure that Blender can do hard and organic surface. I've seen people make some pretty awesome stuff with blender so I know it's possible. I just have to learn how to do it... better?

Anyways thanks for the tips! Maybe sometime this week when I get on my computer to do whatever, I'll just hop on Blender and try to make me a computer desk! ^o^

So I'll just show you some examples.

colorful_desk_modelsheet_by_cakepastel-d6t3yzu.jpg

Deadline: half a semester!

t1PDSUal.jpg

Deadline: a week!

Also, if you want, you can export your model as an FBX or OBJ from Blender, I can actually give you feedback on your model.

Don't feel intimidated too. I'm not going to be like my uni instructors. :p

So I'll just show you some examples.

colorful_desk_modelsheet_by_cakepastel-d6t3yzu.jpg

Deadline: half a semester!

t1PDSUal.jpg

Deadline: a week!

Also, if you want, you can export your model as an FBX or OBJ from Blender, I can actually give you feedback on your model.

Don't feel intimidated too. I'm not going to be like my uni instructors. :p

Oh okay! Those are some nice models there btw :blush:

I might have a few questions in the process but I'll be sure to come back here!

Soo, I got back from a week vacation and it's straight back to working!

Choice D was picked.

BQQAjgQ.png

Boy, this was sort of hard but I finally managed to figure it out? It's just part of the job as a modeler. Lots of improvising and tweaking.

yTLsWer.png

Back