• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

3D arts: environment props

Pyoopi

greedy heart stealer
Staff
Project Staff
Artist
Cherry 🍒
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
TeeheeTiki
Toy Hammer
Coconut
Pink Heart Balloon
Coconut
Toy Hammer
Coconut
Banana
Toy Hammer
Banana
Coconut
Hey friendos.

I'm a workaholic and I sit up all night just 3D modeling. It's sort of becoming a bad habit but I am doing this because I want a rad portfolio and a career! Feel free to chat if you like.

Here's my current project:
Urp9pFt.png

All done and UV mapped! Yay!

What I'm working on now:
T1qqCFD.png

Still rough in the working.

P.S. I might respond slow.

Thanks for stopping by! 👀

Last edited:
Ooh! Cool 3D structures! Are these just for practice or would you be utilizing these in some game of sorts? I find what you do very cool. ^-^

Ooh! Cool 3D structures! Are these just for practice or would you be utilizing these in some game of sorts? I find what you do very cool. ^-^

Oh thanks! These are actually for my portfolio, like a personal project. It would technically be for a game but I merely making a prop for an environment. ��

BII8iNN.png

I'm adding more edges and smoothing, while optimizing. This is the most tedious part. 😫

mkIIsEM.png

I used a combination of the zen streetlight in acnl and real life lanterns as inspiration.

kBMtXXl.jpg

wow. these are really cool and well made. i wouldnt be surprised to see this in an actual game like animal crossing.
what program do you use, if you dont mind me asking

wow. these are really cool and well made. i wouldnt be surprised to see this in an actual game like animal crossing.
what program do you use, if you dont mind me asking

Oops sorry for the late reply!

Thanks so much for your comments. I'm using Maya (Autodesk Maya). ��

Last edited:
Aaaa 3D stuff is so cool!
I hope one day I can get into that ;v;
You're super talented!

Aaaa 3D stuff is so cool!
I hope one day I can get into that ;v;
You're super talented!

That's very sweet of you. It's kind of an intense medium when you're first introduced. I think as long as you have passion and perseverance; you can achieve it!
--

pVCnUro.png
wireframe
j9MNTOa.png
without wireframe

Finished the two props and awaiting critique from a former teacher. Meanwhile I get to start on a new project! Yay!

This is quite rough in the working again but if you can guess what it might be, then good for you. 😊
f56fRfS.png
KgtmrbO.png

I didn't really get to work on my vehicle interior but here's another fun bonus. Too busy playing acnl!

xtYQsqT.png

kYorWoo.png

Beginnings of a island cove.

NWe0bWt.png

Modular boulders.

A1iIvil.png

Some happy coconut trees.

REAPmIS.png

I have zero idea how any of that works, but the stuff is cool!

yy12nv5.png

I didn't even realize it's almost 5AM. Car seats are really hard to 3D model. 😣

I am like 100% trash at 3D rendering at both of the platforms we learned in school so I give high praise to people who can make it work. The RV is looking so good! Are you making a certain character's RV or are you just doing the general base?

I am like 100% trash at 3D rendering at both of the platforms we learned in school so I give high praise to people who can make it work. The RV is looking so good! Are you making a certain character's RV or are you just doing the general base?

Ooh you hit it right on the money! It makes me happy you knew what I was going for. I'm going to make another Sanrio character! :)

WxgmYLv.png

I'm gonna have to start adjusting proportion as I go along.

Back