• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite Super Mario Enemy(s)?

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Green Bunny Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Snow Bunny
Fresh Feather
Cool Feather
I was thinking about all the different types of enemies in the SM universe, and it made me wonder what others think of them! So, proceeding to my main question, what is/are your favorite SM enemy(s)?

My personal favorites are Chain Chomp, Whomp, Snifit, and Spindel. :rolleyes:

I wrote a blog on this, if you'd like to check it out!

Dimentio will always be my favorite!!!

Any enemy?

Generically the Boos are my absolute favorite. I alsp really like the piranha plants, my favorite being Naval Piranha and Petey Piranha. Can't forget Dry Bones and X-Nauts.

As for more specific enemies: King Boo, Bowser Jr., Naval Piranha, Kamek, Doopliss, Dimentio, Antasma, and Count Bleck

the boos
yeah.jpg

i also like the bouldergeist for its design and boss battle

Literally everything Koopa because turts mango.

And Goombas because they looked so stupid in the first games lol

Shy guys are probably my favourite, but Spike is cool, too.

I don't play a whole lot of the main series of Mario games since I'm not very good at platforming, so there are probably some that I'd like but don't know about. That said, I like Boo, Dry Bones, and Magikoopa as far as standard enemies are concerned. I also just learned of the existence of the Jack O'Goomba and I love it.

As far as bosses are concerned, unsurprisingly I like King Boo. Kind of annoyed that he and Dry Bones weren't in the original Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a Switch at some point to be able to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and use them.

I also kinda like Ludwig von Koopa because of the hair.

Donkey Kong is mine, but he is also good in other games. Or is Donkey Kong considered an enemy in current games?

Last edited:
Magikoopa :-D (i love this guy)
Browser
Browser Jr
Baby Bowser
Lakitu
Shy Guy
Wario
WaLuigi
Boo and the rest of the ghost in Luigi Mansion (soooo cute except that mario party 8 castle board >< grrrrrr)
ALL Super Mario Galaxy bosses (they are super cute)
Nintendogs - that SSB board where they jump on the screen and LICK the screen (not helping cuties)
Oh yea and that purple guy who steals your coins and you have to chase him for it >< He robbed me blind once or more ><
Crazie Daisy, Hooktail Dooplis there are like a ton from PMTTD & SPM that are just a bbbuuuuuuuttttttt
:p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Magikoopa :-D (i love this guy)
Browser
Browser Jr
Baby Bowser
Lakitu
Shy Guy
Wario
WaLuigi
Boo and the rest of the ghost in Luigi Mansion (soooo cute except that mario party 8 castle board >< grrrrrr)
ALL Super Mario Galaxy bosses (they are super cute)

:p

Last edited:
Mine is probably (if you can't tell from my username) Parakoopa. Or Paratroopa. Or Koopa Paratroopa. Or Paratroopa Koopa. I don't even know. I mainly like him for his appearance in Double Dash on the GameCube cause my god he's so freaking cute! Also he's just a fun enemy to fight against, as Nintendo can always find something new to do with him. Though being able to play as him makes Double Dash one of my favourite Mario Karts!

Petey Piranha. Petey FLIPPIN Piranha. He's my favorite Mario character across the board, and I'm bitter he was only playable in a few of the spinoff games. He's absolutely adorable, his original appearance is interesting, his voice is hilarious... and I just wanna play as this doof in Mario Kart, okay? :)

But if we're talking generic enemies, Shy Guy. I just think they're dorky. And the recent change to their voices only adds to that.

Back