What's your greatest fear?

Dealing w/ lots of people I guess? Torture, as well. Probably a bit more I can't get into right now.

I'm pretty scared of what would happen to me when I lose my parents. I've seen lots of people who lost their parents and it either made or broke them. Each and every passing day draws me closer to experiencing that inevitable doom and I'd rather not want to deal with that, especially now.
Also, it might be a bad thing to fear but depression. I'm not depressed and I'm trying to keep myself that way; however, with our current society, I feel that depression is like a virus or disease. My peers and I are bombarded with our parents' expectations to grow up, get a good job, and support them. If you don't do that, you disappoint them and they see you as a outcast. Stress sometimes isn't a bad thing but I just wish people didn't put that sort of stress on me when I was a child. I personally believe that you should enjoy your childhood as much as you can before you grow up, get a job and ultimately live on your own and watch the next generation grow up. But sometimes stress isn't all a bad thing, it really depends on the person of whether or not they'll feel overwhelmed or if they use it as a motivator to benefit themselves. Ah shoot I went rampant again.

People. Failure. Being unhappy. All that good stuff.

Last edited:
Losing someone. It's become so common nowadays that losing someone would destroy me mentally.

Last edited:
Me too. Fellow emetophobic? :(

Yes, though not in the standard sense. I'm absolutely terrified if someone else is vomiting or about to vomit and have actually fainted over witnessing this in person, but I'm not afraid to vomit or the act of vomiting in the first person sense, which is normally how emetophobia is defined. Guess what I have is something of a subcategory of emetophobia.

This is really the only legitimate fear I have. Nothing else comes to mind.

My biggest fear is being in the middle of the ocean completely by myself. Honestly the ocean terrifies me even though I love it. It is so vast and unexplored and it is just so big and deep. Being dropped into the middle of the ocean seems terrifying because there's nothing but water, water, and more water, and scary fish ahahah

I guess I'm pretty similar with you.

I fear the future A LOT. I guess I'm more afraid of not being able to achieve my goals, and not being prepared in general. I'm entering university in around a year and it scares me to death because up to know, I'm still unsure where I want to go.

Whenever I feel this way, I like to remind myself that the only thing stopping me from achieving what I want to achieve is myself, and that what is meant to be will happen!

I hope everyone in this thread gets over their fears someday, regardless of whether it's something silly or not. We all deserve to feel free!~

Definitely things that I can't control, or things that I can't see coming. I'm always kind of paranoid of anything that could be dangerous to me.

I'm really scared of people in rabbit costumes the most. Also any person in an animal costume covering the head and body, and rabbits. Also scared of how much my electric bill will be tbh

Bad things happening to people close to me and not being able to help them.

On a lighter note:
Wasps. If I hear one while I'm sleeping I'll literally fly out of bed. I remember one time when my girlfriend and I was eating out there was a wasp inside the restaurant flying around. I had to really brace myself not to break out in a panic and cause a scene.

Last edited:
Back