Hot Cocoa
Blue Hybrid Rose
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Apple (Fruit)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
ぶ
I like the rant thread, have read it, been amused by it, been annoyed by most of the same things, and contributed to it, but I thought it would benefit me, and maybe others, to make this anti-rant thread.

What things make you feel glad you play, amuse you, astonish you, etc? Anything...for instance.

+I saw a dragonfly land on a rock a couple of days ago! Never saw that before!

+I'm grateful that I can change almost anything in my town that I feel like changing. Like I have changed my paths three times (I know, tedious, but I am able to do it).

+I have been more fully exploring the QR codes and I'm astonished and delighted that there are so many talented and generous people who share their creations. (i.e. path codes especially right now, since that is what I am currently working on.) :cool:

Anyone?

Last edited:
I like the whole more options of pattern making, and sharing with the QR codes. It's really fluid and easy to pass those around the world. It's not region locked, so getting designs from someone in Japan is nice.

The amiibo update is really fun and addicting. I thinks it's a win win for both company and customers. It's unique and fits well in the game. I know it's technically a cash shop but it isn't invasive, and more like a side quest. I like the icon design of the meow coupons, kitty daruma.

The cool thing too is that if you don't buy amiibos, the default RVs and Harvey's shop is pretty good on its own. Plus you can buy some region locked food items that you could never get before the update. (Yay)

I like the design of Main Street, and the happy home showcase.

I love how ACNL feels like such a personalized experience. Each character in the game is so alive and I love how they have their own designs and personalities. I love how you can become closer friends with villagers and they open up to you more and it's The Sweetest Thing.
I love the realistic feel to it (besides the whole talking villagers thing... and a couple other things haha), in that it follows real time if you don't time travel and you have to go slow and steady to grow your town. I think that's such a great charm because it's more like real life. You can't power through this game and beat it, because there is no "end" to the game. The open-ended gameplay makes you feel truly immersed in your town life and I love love love it!

Animal Crossing has been a great form of personal therapy for me! Even when I go on extended breaks from it, it gives me something relaxing to focus on when I'm really anxious or just having a bad spell. I love it for that reason most of all!

I love it for so many reasons. I love how much I can customize and really make it my own. Landscaping, room decorating, hybrid breeding my favorite color flowers, etc. There is just so much. When I'm not feeling creative there is more to do like fishing and bug catching to fill up the encyclopedia. There just seems to be something for every mood that I'm in and it is a great way to wind down after busy days. Seeing my favorite villagers dancing and whistling always puts a smile on my face too. :D

I love it for so many reasons. I love how much I can customize and really make it my own. Landscaping, room decorating, hybrid breeding my favorite color flowers, etc. There is just so much. When I'm not feeling creative there is more to do like fishing and bug catching to fill up the encyclopedia. There just seems to be something for every mood that I'm in and it is a great way to wind down after busy days. Seeing my favorite villagers dancing and whistling always puts a smile on my face too. :D

Yes, there is so much diversity, thank you. I love it, too!

I love how it has helped as a distraction from my anxiety and depression a lot. I am also a writer so I love how easy it is to create a story with your own town. I love most of the special characters. Likr Isabelle and Sable are my favorites because they are so adorable. I also love how every villager is different regardless of their personality, like I notices how Candi and Cookie are peppy but Cookie is a lot sweeter. I also like how the villagers will be so sweet to you the longer you know them regardless of their personality. I know I may sound like a loser but its like making your own friends. Like Soleil is snooty and though she was extremely uptight at first, she is so sweet now and even gave me medicine, which is the first time I got it from someone who was not Uchi or Peppy.

I really loved the Beautiful Town Ordinance, that Nintendo listened to complaints about how watering flowers was so time consuming, and with the BTO, flowers never wilt.

But.. Nintendo gives with one hand and takes with the other.
As the time I save watering flowers, is now doubled, digging out the non-stop dropping of flowers by my mindless villagers.

I guess that ended up being a rant.
Sorry. :(

When I find something I like, there's always a downside, that cancels out the good.

Last edited:
I like how you have multiple options and not just one thing. It's also interesting to learn about characters stories and how cleverly implemented into the game they are. I like how also you receive letters from your parents which I just found cool mainly because we never actually meet the parents but it shows they support the characters decision.

i freaked out because a villager moved in named BENEDICT. as a huge fan of Sherlock, this was pretty great to see!

I love how sweet the villagers are as you get close with them. I also notice how the closer you get, the more likely they are to give you something nice and are less likely to move out which is good if you have villagers you really like. I am currently closest with Soleil and Mira and anytime I do something for them or even out of random they give me something nice. Like before I even discovered this forum I was looking for apples the longest and couldn't obtain them, and then Soleil randomly gives me an apple. I also love how you can design everything any way you want.

Some of my favorite things would have to be how villagers are so different but they're all so sweet and lovable, and I also like that there are so many different ways to design your town?? That's super obvious I know, but I've never seen a town that likes quite like any other, and it makes me really happy because you can definitely tell what people enjoy aesthetically and how much work people put into their towns. Also hybrid flowers are the best and I love them, they make every town pop and I am so grateful for them lol. Also, handheld items like balloons are my favorite.

I there are so many things I love about the game.
- How you are the MAYOR of a town filled with ANIMALS. My childhood dream was to be able to talk to animals.
- How you can customize your town so much, with flowers, bushes, qr codes.
- I love when villagers ask me to do stuff. Some people probably find it annoying but I like how it gives me thing to do each day.
- Decorating houses. I love how many different bits of furniture there are.
- I love how you can visit dream towns and get inspiration for your own town.
- I love when a villager moves into your town that you didn't know existed, and you fall in love with them
I just love the whole game in general, and how relaxing it is.

A lot of people are ragging on how "lobotomized" some of the personalities are, but I honestly really like how sweet all of the villagers are on the inside even if they're rude in the beginning.

This game is just so nice to play all the time, It feels so pleasant to just walk around town and revel in the atmosphere.

I like how with the beautiful town ordinance, villagers will put down flowers. It makes the villagers feel real, and I like having such an abundance of flowers.

Back