• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Pro-ACNL (Anti-rant) Thread

I love..........

When villagers sit on stumps.

The footprints my character makes, and how it sounds when you walk on snow or grass.

The music.

The different things eome of the furniture does. Like the watermelon breaking when you press A.

the excitement of catching a new bug or fish, and donating it to the museum.

Bee stings, scorpian and spider bites. A bit brutal, but I love that it was added to the game. It always makes me laugh when I try to out run a bee. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose .Lol.

Eating a famous mushroom. Freaked me out the first time I ate one in someones dream town.

The dream suite. I love seeing others creativity.

Refurbishing is the best thing ever. You can really get creative with this feature.

Cosmo fan, crab clock, snow globe. So cute.

A lot of people are ragging on how "lobotomized" some of the personalities are, but I honestly really like how sweet all of the villagers are on the inside even if they're rude in the beginning.

This game is just so nice to play all the time, It feels so pleasant to just walk around town and revel in the atmosphere.

I like how with the beautiful town ordinance, villagers will put down flowers. It makes the villagers feel real, and I like having such an abundance of flowers.

Thanks for posting this about the so-called "lobotomized" villagers. Yes, they say a lot of the same things, but practically every day I talk to most of them and they say some very unique stuff, too. I have screenshots (finally remembering to take them!) I have also finally learned when to "eavesdrop" on their conversations with one another. They are often hilarious! I love it when they include the mayor in them, too, right?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love awesome days like today!

1. It's raining! No watering, and the grass is growing! Yay!
2. Went down to look at the beach, saw a large shadow, got out fishing rod, cast, and caught a...COELACANTH! First fish to the museum!
3. The blue hydrangeas are blooming. Oh, they are so beautiful! Gotta plant the rest I have in storage!

:) Things that Make Me Happy :)

- The various footprints from all the animals - they are all so perfect and unique

- Bushes in their various blooms - I love Holly in March, and Hydrangeas about to bloom in June, and Sweet Olive before they bloom in fall

- Star Snow - so cute!

- StreetPass villagers. It really is a cute game mechanic!

- the upstairs museum - I'm always storing bushes but one day I want to have museum exhibits!

- Visiting Other Towns, Inviting Others - I am so thankful for all the fun trips I've been, and all the people I've met. Many people are always in a hurry. I think they take this opportunity for granted but to me I treasure it.

- So many species! I love the deer now in New Leaf I can't imagine Fauna or Bam or the others not in AC

A dear friend gave me a bunny balloon! It is amazing to me the way it moves just like a real balloon would while walking around or running! It's also amusing to see it almost at the top of the trees in my perfect cherry orchard. :)

I love..
...how nice every villager is

...the music

...the clothes

...the sound of footprints on the snow

...the feeling of satisfaction when you get the villager you've always wanted

...the customization of furniture

...the characters

:)

I love this twilight time of the day when the sky is pink and purple. HNI_0098.JPG

My favorite aspect right now are the cute villagers! I got all my dreamies and I just love to walk around town doing mindless chores for them. I am awed by their adorable designs! And this goes for every single villager there is--I mean, not all of them are cute persay, but I like that each design is unique and at least brimming with personality. I always marvel at how many villagers there are in the game too!

+ When villagers nod/wave when you leave their house
+ How some villagers will have another villager in their house with them
+ Villagers who fall asleep in their house/on benches or stumps
+ The concept of mushrooms
+ The campground in general
+ The backstories to the Able sisters and how Pete has a crush on Pelly

Today I am really thankful for the latest update ability to move things around in rooms with the whatchamacallit. I maxed out all four museum rooms with items I have been buying for my second character (to be created at the end of summer, I hope). I'm not exactly sure what all is in there, but will be able to organize it easily. No more pushing and pulling furniture around! Yay!

I love how sometimes a villager will just run up to you for no other reason than to give you a gift or give you a cute little nickname

I love how no matter how long you haven't played, Isabelle will always be so happy to see you

I love the splashing sound when you run in the rain

I love to see the bushes and trees and bamboo on their first day of growth...they are so small and cute!

I love how tedious tasks like pulling weeds, watering flowers and running around town to deliver presents are somehow a lot of fun in this game. It's just so relaxing to just walk around and not have to worry so much for a while.

Last edited:
I love how the game "knows" and that it likes me! (I put this on my other thread, too, called "Do you ever wonder if the game knows?")

I started saving diplo fossil pieces a couple of weeks ago. (There are 5 of them.) I have had no success trying to buy three of them on TBT. Three days ago I dug up one piece I didn't have, yesterday I dug one up at my grandsons town, and today in my own town I dug up the fifth piece! See, it likes me! :blush:

I LOVE decorating my town! I love using different flowers and building projects and getting villagers, it's just so much fun :)

I love when at some point in a new town you start the day finding one of your favorite villager is moving in on their own!
(It happened to me yesterday with Fauna, I was so happy!)

1. If you put effort in, it comes back to you, in one way or another.
2. How beautiful the visuals are.
3. How soothing the sounds can be.
4. Lastly, how, no matter how much you play, or how many days consecutively, the game can continue to surprise you.

1.) I love how you can add your own paths, it really gives a personal touch to the town

2.) I love how the game managed to garner enough of a fanbase to create such cool websites like this one

3.) I love how you can interact with other players (like going to their towns) instead of just having a solo experience

I love comparing my villagers' attitudes with other members with the same villagers. My villagers are very nice to me, compared to other members' experiences. Dunno why.

I love talking to the villagers! They're so silly and they always make me smile. I also really love how much you can with your town, there's so many amazing themes that you can accomplish and it's really inspiring to see what people come up with!

Back