The Pro-ACNL (Anti-rant) Thread

I think the Dream Suite is nothing less than a stroke of genius on the part of someone at Nintendo. I have been building my town with making a DA for it some day, and that thought has inspired me to put as much creativity and interest as I can into it. The thought of others visiting, and, hopefully, enjoying what I have created, gives me great pleasure.

I love that there's so much to do and so many different ways to personalize your town and make it unique. It's almost like a little digital art project. I like gardening, I like landscaping, I like doing interior design. I think the museum is cool and motivates you to collect stuff. I like being able to create and use custom clothing. I think it's cute we get a little ID card and have house payments, main street developing over time, it's pretty realistic. I LOVE the villagers. They are funny and interesting and it's easy to get attached to them. Swimming in the ocean is cool. The AC community is cool through DA and people you meet on forums. I think the Wii minigames are a SUPER cool future. Like a lot of the little items you can interact with. Like turn tvs and laptop/computers on and off. Getting to put different records in different types of music systems. I don't know. It all just seems really thought out. I don't know, I actually don't have a lot of complaints tbh.

One of the little things I love is when a villager asks to buy something from you, and you're given the choice to give them for free. They're shocked, thankful, then walk away singing. It always makes me feel really good afterward. Shame this only happens to uchis because I'd love to give all my villagers freebies :)

I love how...

+The villagers interact with one another.

+Upgrades to Main St. are gradual, and take realistic time to earn them.

+Almost everything's customizable.

+No two towns are ever exactly the same.

+It is impossible to have the same map as someone else.

+A little thing I noticed: When you load up a game without a town on it, you see a random vilager or a part of a town. I like to think that this is you looking at othr people's towns. It makes the world feel even bigger.

Last edited:
+A little thing I noticed: When you load up a game without a town on it, you see a random vilager or a part of a town. I like to think that this is you looking at othr people's towns. It makes the world feel even bigger.

It's true! Nobody mentions this :D
At first I thought that the random villager that appeared on the opening screen will be there if you create a town right after, as this seemed to be the rule in Wild World. But when I created Hangzhou, Pecan was there in the intro screen, but was not a starter nor she never moved in. So it really is truly random. It is a nice thing, I agree. :D

I love the mannequins! What a creative idea! When I first started playing I had more than a dozen outfits for my mayor (so many cool clothes, not to mention qr code clothes!) but now I try to limit each character to four favorite outfits. Easy to change to a new look with the mannequins!

I had to put this somewhere and didn't want to make a new thread! Bought two fortune cookies today and got two dachsunds!! The dog ornaments are the only reason I am still going for the cookies...the game likes me again! I love the dog ornaments. Have put them in almost every room of my four characters (not the dining room, food rooms, or bathrooms, lol).

There are so many different refurbishing options in the game! I love how creative you can be with all the options refurbishing gives you! Especially when you can customize with clothing or a pattern.

I post a lot of rants so I'll post some things I like about this

The villagers are so cute! All of them. I like how we can save QRs with Mabel. I like how we can decorate our house the way we want. The island is great not only for getting medals to get island exclusive stuff, you can earn money easily just from getting beetles from said island. Large variety of outfits and hairstyles in this game. Your mayor doesn't' have to look the same every day. Pretty easy to obtain a lot of the items yourself. The game doesn't make it impossible to get a lot of the items. I like how the game plays in real time and it celebrates real life holidays (this is the one thing my mom found fascinating is how the game celebrates real life holidays) You don't feel pressured to complete stuff in this game.

I'm glad that the Sanrio items weren't region locked! I'm glad that we can get villagers from other people's towns instead waiting for them randomly xD

�� talking to the villagers until they tell you to leave them for a bit is one of my favourite things to do, maybe because i don't have many friends ;;
�� when you're doing something specific like watering flowers, cutting trees or going fishing and one of your animals runs to you to start a conversation about that, i love how realistic this game is in terms of picking up on those little things
�� harvey's camp site at night is one of my favourite places to go to, it's just so pretty and relaxing!!
�� the music in the game!!! i've always seen people talking about animal crossing soundtracks but i never realised how right everyone was until i got my own copy of the game - the music is so nice and i love that the night tunes are so chilled out and soft (my favourites are 1am and 4am ^^)
�� the fact that everyone's town, appearance, everything is different/random by default is so cool! of course, there are guides on getting the face you want, or getting villagers to plot somewhere else etc, but for example the grass patterns, the native fruits, different maps and colors of buildings - it all makes this game so interesting and as someone who pays attention to small details, this makes me very happy and satisfied!
�� flowers. f l o w e r s. planting flowers, watering flowers, creating hybrids (especially at first when you have no idea that it's possible, and on your daily stroll you spot a pink rose or red-yellow pansy!!!!! so exciting!) i could spend hours just going on tours, picking up flowers, taking them with me and laying them all around my town - the urge to just completely cover the entire ground in flowers is Very Strong and Hard to Resist haha. i love flowers ��

(sorry for the black question marks, i was using emojis and apparently they dont work here :( emojis are my life im sad)

Last edited:
Thanks to the WA update and villagers no longer plotting on tiles, I was able to make my first ever town with perfectly places villagers. It's 10000% satisfying seeing those three nice rows of villagers. Not only that, but because of the areas the rows are in, I see villagers all over my town and not all in one area like I have in other towns. Neatness and organization are satisfying.

Also the rock placement in the town is -wonderful-. They aren't in the way of anything important, don't interfere with pwps I want, etc. I was so lucky with that.

But my favorite thing are of course the villagers. I don't have any friends, so getting to talk to my villagers every day and having them miss me when I don't play for a long time makes me happy. I know it's cheesy and all, but I would be incredibly sad if I didn't have my villagers to be my friends.

I love how (speaking for myself) each cartridge is like a whole new game because the maps, starting villagers, fruits, etc. are so random, and the ways to customize each town are countless with a little imagination and effort. It's something I really just don't find in any other game I've played (although my game list is far from exhaustive). And I guess that's why I have loved this franchise for so long. Hard to believe I've been playing versions of Animal Crossing for 15 years now.

Last edited:
I like some of the silly new editions to New Leaf. When I first got the game, I was excited that you could buy pants for your character because it gave way more outfit customization options. I also like that the amiibo update lets you sit on rocks.

It's a great game I love playing when I'm feeling lonely. Lately I've been feeling like I've been losing people (disconnect, death, moving) and it makes me feel happy when I tell a villager not to move. It makes me feel like I'm in more control in a way.

I love the books! All the series bookcases; the strapped books; the stack of books; the pop-up book; the large bookshelf; the library wallpaper of books; and the book stands. I love them irl, too. :blush:

Out diving while it was snowing the other day, I was noticing how the snowflakes just barely touch on the top of the water and then quickly fade away (melt into the water). Gotta love it! So peaceful diving while it rains or snows...

The music on the shark-catching tour! I was pleasantly surprised at the re-orchestration from the regular tour music lol. They didn't have to do that, but I'm glad they thought of it.

I love the books! All the series bookcases; the strapped books; the stack of books; the pop-up book; the large bookshelf; the library wallpaper of books; and the book stands. I love them irl, too. :blush:

I wish the large bookshelf could be customized to a light, raw timber, or dark brown.
It's too dull the way it is.
I still use it, it's just a shame. :(

Back