• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

a pet peeve of mine....

OoMayorSummeroO

beautiful disaster
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ok, so this has been a BIG peeve of mine since the start of AC....
Its ALWAYS irked me tremendously....that anytime a villager was "sleeping" (while home) they'd be standing up!!!!!!!!!! Why the heck aren't they laying in whatever bed, couch or whatever they have in their lil homes?!? WHY ARE THEY SLEEPING STANDING UP?!?!!? like I would LOVE to walk into a house and see my cute lil villagers tucked in bed, the lil sleep bubbles bubbling, and them asleep...so when I approach and talk they could either sit up all startled..or just lay there and open there eyes. Don't they deserve to lay down as well??? I dunno it just really freaking bothers me..Does ANYONE else feel this way?? Has anyone ever noticed this? Has anyone ever thought this was irk some?

I dunno, I find lil things like this to be annoying when a game pays such close detail to things like making sure the sound of foot steps in the snow sound real...but wont make villagers lay down while asleep...like WTH...

Hmm. Part of me thinks the villagers character wouldn't fit in some of their bed furniture. Like the smaller villagers could (frogs, hamsters, cats?) but the hippos, apes and wolves couldn't.

So then that would have to be a specific animal type to lay down (smaller build, no tail or big tail, etc) Plus when our mayor's lay in bed, we roll. That's another animation to think about.

They do fall asleep outside while sitting. It can be odd but I usually find it funny to walk in and see that. I walked in to find Monique the cat, facing her wall asleep. It was kind of spooky.

Villagers sleeping standing up might be a throwback to the first Animal Crossing game because sometimes the villagers would be found outside asleep in front of their houses in the original Gamecube version.What was worse was when a villager got sick but instead of lying in bed or on a sofa,they'd pace around their house looking severely depressed with that little purple cloud of despair following them around.I'm glad they cut out the sickies with the Amiibo update.

They cut out the sickies? I didn't know that! Then why am I taking up two spaces with medicine in my storage? And why does Nook even sell medicine now? My mayor doesn't get bit because she doesn't shake trees. Selling medicine...

They cut out the sickies? I didn't know that! Then why am I taking up two spaces with medicine in my storage? And why does Nook even sell medicine now? My mayor doesn't get bit because she doesn't shake trees. Selling medicine...

Yeah...I haven't had a sicko since the update and I used to get 'em all the time before that.I'm sure there's still a lot of tree shakers out there so the medicine is still around for them and their bee stings.

I never used to really question them sleeping while standing up tbh, I always assumed they were sleep walking or something I guess.

I like to think they managed to get out of bed, but were still tired, and tried to "rest their eyes".

I always assume they fell asleep without meaning to, as when they're really asleep you can't enter their houses.

I always assumed it was meant to be like them dozing off for a second while doing a normal task

Back