• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

4 Years of New Leaf

ZaAlPa2006

Consider Considerment
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Cherry (Fruit)
Leif
Winter Mittens
Jack
Famous Mushroom
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Timmy Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
Tomorrow is the fourth anniversary of New Leaf being released in North America (and 4 years of my town). What have you done in those 4 years? How many towns have you had? Do you have any strong memories of the game? I have never reset my main town, I have had only 2 towns (one on a second game) and I remember waiting in line at Target to get the game. A dude in front of me gave me a coupon because I also loved Animal Crossing. Tell me about your first 4 years in New Leaf.

Last edited:
I've had 3 towns in the 4 years. The town I have now is almost a year and a half old and is the oldest town I've had so far. I love this game and it's become my favorite Animal Crossing game so far. I don't play as often anymore but I do still love the game and until it's unplayable I can't foresee myself stopping. Many of my memories are of the villagers and dream towns because those are what I enjoy most about the game.

Depends on how many copies you count loool
For my main copy, I've had two towns - the one I have now is about a year and a half old
Then on my second copy, I've had like four towns, but my current one is almost two years old, and I plan on keeping it at least for a while lol

I've pumped way more time into New Leaf than I have into any other AC game, especially after welcome amiibo was released

my favorite memory of the game, is one time I was in club tortimer with a Japanese girl that didn't speak english, and she gave me a bunch of cool stuff, but then tried to trap me on the island and refused to let me leave for, like, 30 minutes haa

I started in December 2013 and I've had two towns in total. Canaan is 3 years old and Diamond is about 6 months old.

I've been playing since release in the UK, which means it's going to be officially 4 years for me on june 14th. Wow, how time flies though. I preordered the game on amazon so i'd get it on release day, which unfortunately, was also a school day for me and I remember running for the bus at lightning speed and then running all the way home because I was so excited, I got so many stares that day. i was basically running like naruto

Last edited:
Oh man, I can't even count how many times I re-setted my town in the past 4 years lol. Every single time I promised myself I'd finish one properly, but I never did until about 6 months ago when I joined the forum and finally worked my ass off to finish Mulino. That and Oranvale are the only two towns I've ever completed, and I'm working on the 3rd... though of course that doesn't mean I didn't have fun with the game.

SO many beautiful memories, silly mistakes and special moments with my sweet animal neighbours... about two years ago (I think) I had the brilliant idea to try visiting the dream I'd created of my very first town ever. It was such a nostalgic experience for me. I'd gone through so many different save files I'd almost forgotten about my very first town I messed around in. The first paths I created, the flowers overgrowing everywhere, my terrible police station placement, the house of my first true acnl bestie Julian, my fully-updated castle-shaped but half-empty house...it was all still there waiting for me.

Too bad the update murdered all old dream adresses. I don't resent Nintendo for it though. It was time to move on and I absolutely adore all the new things they introduced with Welcome Amiibo.

Last edited:
i got it at launch and ive had 4 towns i believe, and over 1,500 hours

and i wonder why i dont have friends

I got my game on release here in the US. Since then, I have restarted a lot to find the perfect town, but I've had three main towns during all of this time. Two on my first cartridge, and then one on my second. My first permanent town only lasted for a few months until I got bored and decided to time travel like crazy. I lost pretty much all of my villagers, and I wrecked my town in the process. It wasn't super developed, so I reset in September of 2013. I've had that town since, and I've accomplished a lot.

I started Chococat in March of this year, when I bought my second copy. This is what I have been playing on the most lately.

I've only had one town and a lot of pictures I took. They all capture 4 years of different villagers, friends and I falling in pitfalls. It never ends.

I've had 10+ towns. I lost track a long time ago.

I only recently bought the game, in February 2017. I have it for about 4 months.
Since I bought it, I've had 2 towns.
I had the first town, Eden, for about a month, until I reset/deleted it.
I have my current town, also called Eden, for about 3 months.
I love this game and hope I continue playing it for many more years.

Had the same town since release. My town has had the same skeleton since I laid out my path the night I downloaded it, but it's grown lots of meat, shed some weight, gained some weight, changed some accessories, grew character, heart, memories. And it'll continue to adjust until I abandon it for a new AC title.

I've been playing since March 2014... ever since I deleted my first town around April 2015, I have probably had over 20 towns since then.

Happy Anniversary for everyone. I bought the game on release but didn't get to start it till June 14th. Got sick and wasn't able to play the game.
I have a lot of memories and never reset my main town. The same villagers from the start still live there. I have over 10 towns so I get to see different villagers all the time. Still remember the days I caught my 1st tarantula/scorpion, got the first blue rose and completed my badges. All of those were huge accomplishments. It's the first AC game that I've played the longest and never missed a day.
The last few weeks I've been taking a lot of picture with villagers conversations, finding them sleeping on the bench or invites to sit.

This is the first game that I was able to use online. I remember been very nervous about visiting a town for the first time. The welcome at the train station took that feeling away. I've met lovely online friend along the way. AC community is very helpful.

I got it a couple of weeks after it came out, and I've had the same town since! I've found it too hard to reset and I love my map so I've just been changing thing and building and landscaping since then! One of my favorite things about New Leaf since its release is all of the new items and villagers that came out during the Welcome Amiibo update, and I can't really imagine giving up my town at this point. :)

I started playing in december of 2013 when my boyfriend got it on his ds. I was so obsessed with this adorable game that he bought me my own 3ds and a copy of New Leaf on my birthday in February of 2014 so I'd quit hogging his all the time xD I moved my character over to what is now my main town, Glendale, and since then I've landscaped it like crazy, moved tons of villagers in and back out, gotten almost every pwp, and all but two badges on my mayor (along with quite a few on my alt characters).

I took over my boyfriend's old town after he stopped playing and currently use it for farming hybrids and cycling villagers, though I plan on eventually developing it. I recently got another town, too, so I have 3 now. Cardamon, my newest town, is still really new looking and barren, and I have only one of my dreamies. I plan on making it a fall themed town, Glendale is a summer town, and Ooo (boyfriend's town) will probably be my winter town.

I still play almost every day, even if I just visit the dream suite to check out a few towns, or to work towards a new badge.

I got the game when it was first released. I loved it so much that after I had accomplished everthing, and had my town and houses exactly how I wanted them, I ended up buying another copy. I now have 6 games. I love them all, and wouldn't think of resetting.

I've had 3 towns, I got Fayville two weeks after the release, I hate it but it has so much nostalgia (and dreamies) so I refuse to reset. After 4 years, and my villagers still try to teach me how to stack fruit.

Back