Do you time travel?

I don't, because I'm playing by the book, but for a while I was really tempted to! I think I've reverted back to my original stance, which is that I end up liking ACNL a lot more if I take it slow and let the days come as they are.

No, I don't. I feel that the whole point of Animal Crossing is that it plays out in real time and I enjoy the slow burn.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. ;)

No I don't. I did before tho. But i've started a new town that I WILL play day by day. It's hard enough to not buy everything here with TBT instead of waiting for it to appear in the game.

I only time travel if:
1. I'm plot resetting
2. I'm skipping to a move out day (I won't need to do this anymore)
3. A villager suggested a PWP that day (in the hopes that I'll get another request)
4. A special visitor is in town and I need them for something

No. I like to play how the game is set to be played. It's more relaxing day by day and carefree.

I time travel, but only when I'm making certain hybrids,moving villagers out, plot resetting, or wanting some RV items from my amiibo cards. I don't just time travel for fun, I used to though lol.

I had my town ruined by a bad amiibo card move-in and had to restart, so I'm time traveling until I catch up to the current date, then stopping. I'm going day by day right now, but once certain things get done I'll be able to start skipping a few more days at a time safely.

I time travel mostly to move out villagers, plot reset, or just complete some amiibo orders. I personally dislike it because it messes me up with the days and just bothers me in general.

I do...not all the time though. Just when I am making flowers of a certain breed or I just wanna beetle hunt for fun....I stay in the same day with that though...just change the hours.

I do for specific reasons, usually to move villagers in/out or unlock something such as the QR machine, since that doesn't take terribly long. I tend to have a lot of ideas and inspiration for what I want to do with my town, so when I know I'm not going to have the time to actually play and work on it much I will time travel just to get things done that I'd like completed.

I am going to attempt to keep one of my three towns as simple and day by day as possible, though. TT'ing doesn't ruin the game for me; I enjoy both the slow and steady way and the unlocking things/development way.

I do, but only to keep the days going steady, not going back and forth in time. I go on insane hiatuses and don't want to mess up my town because I have stuff to do irl or I'm invested in other games for several months. So whenever I go back to ACNL after a while, I check my activity log to see what my 3DS date was the late time I played, and go from there. And yes, I use my 3DS clock instead of changing the time in game because I hate Isabelle knowing I'm messing with it lol, and so I can keep track of the last time I played with the activity log. I don't have any games that it really screws with so I don't really care that it's April 14th, 2016 in my 3DS lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, I do sometimes especially when I feel like moving a villager out then plot the new one on my ideal location. I can't wait for the next "actual" day and wanted to be done with it right off the bat.

I only do for completing amiibo orders or in the rare case that I need someone in boxes asap for a trade

Almost never, unless it's for convenience on something like plot resetting or Gracie's fashion checks.

I did quite bit in the beginning to speed up my artwork collection for my museum and get all the K.K. Slider songs. These days I save time travel for grass repair, and I generally don't go forward or back more than 6 days at a time

i time travel to move out villagers and the like, and i never check the shops on those days

my only time travel regret is that tiy appears 13 days after super t&t on my town history but that doesn't bother me much, i accidentally went back to 2016 when i was setting the time to earlier out of habit when i'm cycling

Back