• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you time travel?

I don't, because I'm playing by the book, but for a while I was really tempted to! I think I've reverted back to my original stance, which is that I end up liking ACNL a lot more if I take it slow and let the days come as they are.

No, I don't. I feel that the whole point of Animal Crossing is that it plays out in real time and I enjoy the slow burn.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. ;)

No I don't. I did before tho. But i've started a new town that I WILL play day by day. It's hard enough to not buy everything here with TBT instead of waiting for it to appear in the game.

I only time travel if:
1. I'm plot resetting
2. I'm skipping to a move out day (I won't need to do this anymore)
3. A villager suggested a PWP that day (in the hopes that I'll get another request)
4. A special visitor is in town and I need them for something

No. I like to play how the game is set to be played. It's more relaxing day by day and carefree.

I time travel, but only when I'm making certain hybrids,moving villagers out, plot resetting, or wanting some RV items from my amiibo cards. I don't just time travel for fun, I used to though lol.

I had my town ruined by a bad amiibo card move-in and had to restart, so I'm time traveling until I catch up to the current date, then stopping. I'm going day by day right now, but once certain things get done I'll be able to start skipping a few more days at a time safely.

I time travel mostly to move out villagers, plot reset, or just complete some amiibo orders. I personally dislike it because it messes me up with the days and just bothers me in general.

I do...not all the time though. Just when I am making flowers of a certain breed or I just wanna beetle hunt for fun....I stay in the same day with that though...just change the hours.

I do for specific reasons, usually to move villagers in/out or unlock something such as the QR machine, since that doesn't take terribly long. I tend to have a lot of ideas and inspiration for what I want to do with my town, so when I know I'm not going to have the time to actually play and work on it much I will time travel just to get things done that I'd like completed.

I am going to attempt to keep one of my three towns as simple and day by day as possible, though. TT'ing doesn't ruin the game for me; I enjoy both the slow and steady way and the unlocking things/development way.

Yes I do, but only 1 day ahaid and I always turn back to the right date.

I do, but only to keep the days going steady, not going back and forth in time. I go on insane hiatuses and don't want to mess up my town because I have stuff to do irl or I'm invested in other games for several months. So whenever I go back to ACNL after a while, I check my activity log to see what my 3DS date was the late time I played, and go from there. And yes, I use my 3DS clock instead of changing the time in game because I hate Isabelle knowing I'm messing with it lol, and so I can keep track of the last time I played with the activity log. I don't have any games that it really screws with so I don't really care that it's April 14th, 2016 in my 3DS lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, I do sometimes especially when I feel like moving a villager out then plot the new one on my ideal location. I can't wait for the next "actual" day and wanted to be done with it right off the bat.

I only do for completing amiibo orders or in the rare case that I need someone in boxes asap for a trade

Almost never, unless it's for convenience on something like plot resetting or Gracie's fashion checks.

I did quite bit in the beginning to speed up my artwork collection for my museum and get all the K.K. Slider songs. These days I save time travel for grass repair, and I generally don't go forward or back more than 6 days at a time

i time travel to move out villagers and the like, and i never check the shops on those days

my only time travel regret is that tiy appears 13 days after super t&t on my town history but that doesn't bother me much, i accidentally went back to 2016 when i was setting the time to earlier out of habit when i'm cycling

Back