• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Misogyny

If a man holds a door for a woman is he sexist or misogynistic?

• Total voters

Haskell

Saving for a username change KEK
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0000-0000-0000
If a man holds a door for a woman, is he sexist or misogynistic?

Curious. :p

No... i literally dont see why it would be. i appreciate it when the door gets held for me like...?

edit: i accidentally voted yes LSFJSKFG sorry

Last edited:
i mean if the man thinks he has to do that because hes a man and shes a woman then... i guess?

people should be nice to each other regardless of the gender though

i mean if the man thinks he has to do that because hes a man and shes a woman then... i guess?

people should be nice to each other regardless of the gender though

If you saw a man holding a door for a woman, would
you, on the spot, think it's sexist or mysogynistic?

Let's not talk "because" or why" ... just if.

If you saw a man holding a door for a woman, would
you, on the spot, think it's sexist or mysogynistic?

Let's not talk "because" or why" ... just if.

When you put it that way no. But the way I read the poll I said yes.

To clarify - I read it as a man who holds doors only for women.

Last edited:
no. he would be nice
[/thread]

Last edited:
If anybody holds the door open for anybody else they are a nice person. Period. Gender has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Surprised at these responses.

I agree with most of these responses. If not, all.

I was expecting that the men were rude and contributing to the "unofficial bad social norms."

Correction: I was expecting people's responses would be (see above).

Last edited:
Surprised at these responses.

I agree with most of these responses. If not, all.

I was expecting that the men were rude and contributing to the "unofficial bad social norms."

The world is "growing".:)

The fact that this is even a question, makes today's society that much more sickening to me.

It has always been known as a nice gesture, and I don't know how it could possibly be considered sexist. The world is falling apart to the point were manners have become sexist or wrong. Gender shouldn't have to play apart in it either. Whether your a man or a woman holding a door for someone, it has been and always will be polite.

Last edited:
The fact that this is even a question, makes today's society that much more sickening to me.

It has always been known as a nice gesture, and I don't know how it could possibly be considered sexist. The world is falling apart to the point were manners have become sexist or wrong. Gender shouldn't have to play apart in it either. Whether your a man or a woman holding a door for someone, it has been and always will be polite.

That's exactly what I think too, I feel like now everything is taken wayyy too seriously where extremists could turn anything into an issue. For example when Buzzfeed did the whole "manspreading" thing.

it's not, cause he just trying to be a nice dude i appreciate that more nice dudes 2017

That's exactly what I think too, I feel like now everything is taken wayyy too seriously where extremists could turn anything into an issue. For example when Buzzfeed did the whole "manspreading" thing.

buzzfeed is gross

no, he's just being polite.
i just hold doors for anyone lmao

no

it would take a very warped sense of reality to conclude it is sexist

Of course he's not that's just being polite. I hold the door for anyone be they male or female and I'm a woman☺

I feel like strangers do this for me a lot. It's weird sometimes but it's polite so why would I complain about it? I think it's nice to hold doors for others.

Back