Nintendo is closed and im desperate for help

helenkeller

fecal sewage ♥
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Once I start buying new games, and I have a good day, gain something, something else gets ruined... My Nintendo ds stopped working ON CHRISTMAS today it is MY BIRTHDAY and it broke too. Obviously its physical damage but I cant take responsibility for it breaking this time. Sure I dropped it once or twice (on carpet I don't walk around w it because of how cheaply made the 2ds is) but it worked this morning. I put it on sleep mode. I turned it on and set it down and I picked it up to realize its broken. When I turn it on, it lights up the blue light, I hear a pop sound and it shuts off. I bugged my boyfriend to fix it but I feel like fixing the battery placement wont do anything. I turned it on again, and it seems like the screen could also be a problem. The last time Nintendo repaired it, it black screened, reset, then next thing I knew animal crossing didn't work. It turned back on and worked fine, but it did stall sometimes resetting it and turning it on.

It could be a number of things. Now I want to send a request to repair my device so I can send it out next Friday. But when I log in, I get this message.

Already Registered indicates you have recently requested
a repair or purchased a product directly from Nintendo.
Most users have not previously Registered.

does this mean I cant repair it even if I pay for it? Luckily I didn't spend ALL of my money like an idiot. Something inside me said to save forty dollars so I have like 35 and a few crumpled ones somewhere....

I just need help. If this thread gets booted I need a PM from someone more experienced. I haven't owned any ds devices since the dsi. I got rid of it right before the 3ds came out so I have no idea any kind of issues they have.

My brother also called me an idiot for my reason not to get the 3ds. ---- which was they're just so big, and 3d gives me massive headaches, I cant even watch a 3d movie without getting sick. They're also all XL versions and the original one is obsolete. So I thought why not save my mom money on my present? Like that didn't even bother me even though she asked me if I wanted the other. But NOW they have the 2ds xl. Is it worth it? because the 2ds, I have now realized, is like a thin hollow plastic, the r and l buttons are quite cheap, and overall, I noticed its pretty slow. This is the DS I prefer to have... But should I just get a new one after I repair it? (I cant get a new one right away, I have no job-waiting for callbacks)

He is tech savvy-- he can build computers and fix them, and he knows all of the specs and a 3ds. He always gets the xl. I just HATE how heavy they are. You don't know me irl though to know how my hands haven't changed in size since I was like 9. So I will get carpel tunnel after a few hours.

I need suggestions. Sorry if this is so messy, and not understandable. I cant think straight---it was a long fun day and I am agitated beyond belief now.
And if anyone knows why I cant set up a repair or if I'm doing something wrong let me know. --- And how much it will cost?

sorry if this is on the wrong thread section. nobody replied to my last one and people here are usually helpful and I'm not even sure if I posted it to the correct section.

Last edited:
If it can't be repaired, save up some money and get one. You said you were awaiting callbacks as well, so maybe you should wait so you have enough money to spend on repairs or an entirely new console.

If it can't be repaired, save up some money and get one. You said you were awaiting callbacks as well, so maybe you should wait so you have enough money to spend on repairs or an entirely new console.

Do they have rules of repairing it more than once a year?
When I called the first time, before I got it repaired, I had a warranty and the woman never bothered to ask for my serial number. I got someone new and I realized I was under one. When I was talking to the woman she mentioned it costing like 30-40 dollars, then she kept dropping the price for me. So I don't know if she was trying to scam me? She said things like "well if you ship the device and the money I can do it for 40. if you do it today I will do 30, tomorrow 20." like how is that even a negotiation lol? there's company policies to that and she didn't even ask anybody first before she offered that crap so it made it super sketchy...

I am going to get a new one regardless but getting a job for me will take time bc I just turned 20 and never had a job. Getting it repaired under that charge is my only way right now. And it would be nice to have if I break the 3ds I'm going to buy when I'm finally working.

now I'm crossing my fingers and toes aeropostale calls back cuz that galaxy print 3ds is screaming for me.

and another question, cookie just moved in. shes my favorite. since she moved in last she cant leave right? And if she does even though shes been in my town already, could I still have her move in again if I buy her amiibo card?? man this sucks, I was just starting to redo everything that this problem destroyed before:(

- - - Post Merge - - -

she also didn't ask questions the guy did.. he asked my device color, what color id want if I couldn't get it repaired... etc.

- - - Post Merge - - -

wow 65 dollars lmao

Also you can turn the 3D effect off just saying. You might have to have it on briefly when setting a new one up but ask someone to do it for you if such.

Get a New 2ds model maybe if you need to get a new one and don't get the old 2ds. Tbh those are bigger and more clunky to carry for my part but eh your choice. And wow 65 bucks for just that, well they know how to charge, that's for sure.

You should be able to get your 3DS repaired more than just once a year, after all if it comes back defective from the repair place how is it supposed to get fixed? Definitely give them a call to figure out what you can do to get your 3DS fixed. You mentioned a popping sound, so it may be that something came loose during the fall and it's shutting itself off because of that.

You should be able to get your 3DS repaired more than just once a year, after all if it comes back defective from the repair place how is it supposed to get fixed? Definitely give them a call to figure out what you can do to get your 3DS fixed. You mentioned a popping sound, so it may be that something came loose during the fall and it's shutting itself off because of that.

im going to call instead of setting it up online. i cant tell them directly whats going on if i do it online. it also is fully charged.. it does light up so that is good. hopefully it doesnt need replaced

Back