• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Haunted Village Ideas?

Wolfie

Rosie's #1 Fan
Bells
Tasty Cake
Hey, so I know Halloween is like 4 months away, but with visiting towns like Aika's Village, Fogwood, and so on I have been inspired to make another town based on a haunted village, but instead of telling one story the village will tell 3 or 4 different stories with each house. I know the village will be my own, but anyone have any idea on things such as sets, furniture, villagers, etc? I am open to different ideas and inspiration. If this thread is in the wrong place or exists already feel free to close or move it and if that is the case then my apologies :( Otherwise I will be open to any idea, aside from hacking because though Fogwood is a nice horror town, in addition to it being against the rules I do not condone hacking personally.

The dead tree thing is something I have always wondered. Like I know the trees die in the colder months, but I see them in towns even when it is warm weather so I am wondering how and when do trees die and is there any way they die on their own. Also I was wondering about those towns where if you shake the tree everything falls off, like in Aika's village. I know that is probably a dumb question but how do you get the trees like that?

The dead tree thing is something I have always wondered. Like I know the trees die in the colder months, but I see them in towns even when it is warm weather so I am wondering how and when do trees die and is there any way they die on their own. Also I was wondering about those towns where if you shake the tree everything falls off, like in Aika's village. I know that is probably a dumb question but how do you get the trees like that?

a perfect fruit tree can only grow 3 or so times before it won't grow anymore and it will turn into a dead tree

a perfect fruit tree can only grow 3 or so times before it won't grow anymore and it will turn into a dead tree

Thank you! That is something I always wondered. I had no idea that a perfect fruit tree could die.

The creepy set is going to be necessary, or at least the skeleton

Most sets can be creepy through using custom patterns, though.

I know Lucky and Coco are decently popular for horror villages since they're kinda Halloween themed, but I used to have a Sweeney Todd themed town I was working on that had all livestock villagers

Yeah I am currently looking for the creepy set and the skeleton, and for the villagers I was thinking Coco, Lucky and possibly Ankha since there is a theory about her being the undead as well. There are no creepy villagers I can think of really aside from that. I do plan on using pitfalls to my advantage as well.

Gyroids? They look pretty creepy on the ground as an item outside, and maybe you can put them near Coco's house.

I suggest cedar trees, and set the town at night during a rainy day (preferably a thunderstorm).

If you want some gothic look: Rodeo, Mithilda, Roscoe, or maybe Muffy. Maybe even throw in Pietro or Stitches for scary clown/doll?

Some tree stumps would be good I guess. No stump patterns though, it's supposed to look scary not fun :p

Also keep the classic PWP look like classic police station and such. Just seems less scary when it's modern.

That's the best I can think of I guess.

I know I'm keeping my town pretty to kind of have a "secret surprise" horror that's more unnerving

but it's also because it's my main town and I'm vain and want it pretty lol

Back