• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

favourite sandwich?

favourite type of sandwich(es)?

• Total voters
Yah no, it's definitely not common :(
I love toast, though. With bread, it's something about it being so soft that puts me off... I think toasted sandwiches would be nice, if I ever had one. (Tho I don't like grilled cheese)

oh you have got to have a Cuban sandwich then. I mean, on proper Cuban bread, pressed hot and flat That bread is super thick, they make it with lard, and bake it wrapped in palm leaves. then when its done and they cut it up for sandwiches, they put it on la plancha, the bread is totally crispy and crunchy and even tho its thick its been pressed flattish in the plancha so its easy to eat. also, it keeps the pork, ham, salami, and swiss cheese nice and warm too that way.

i just make myself tuna with lots of mayo
gross i know

delicious!!!!!!!!!! i had to make dinner tonight and this is what i made cause i was too lazy to cook something proper, lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

spiced turkey philly w/ peppercorn cream cheese spread

- - - Post Merge - - -

it pains me to see so many sandwiches left out

i apologize for the inconvenience XD

my fave is pb&j, you can never go wrong with that. however I did used to love grilled cheese greatly, but now I'm super lactose intolerant, so bread with cheese and butter is terrible on my stomach most of the time. pb&j never does me wrong like that.

I like a lot but usually I eat turkey sandwich (I've heard better comebacks from it)

Last edited:
i'm not a huge sandwich person but my usual choice is falafel and hummus

Yah no, it's definitely not common :(
I love toast, though. With bread, it's something about it being so soft that puts me off... I think toasted sandwiches would be nice, if I ever had one. (Tho I don't like grilled cheese)

I prefer toast myself! I find bread hard to swallow for some reason, occasionally it'll feel like I'm going to choke if I take a big bite xD

Grilled cheese are their own thing, it's a different kind of toasted I guess :p

I voted for Egg Salad and Veggie Burgers, totally missed Grilled Cheese or that'd be on the list as well.

Egg salad is nostalgic to me, and especially in summer I really crave it, growing up every time we'd come up to my grandma's house she'd always make deviled eggs and egg salad and my sister and I would eat our egg salad sandwiches with Cheetos mashed into them, now that's my favorite way to eat them!

I love Veggie burgers, and Veggie Chick'n burgers as well, doesn't matter which way I make them, sometimes I'll just have them with BBQ/Honey Mustard and Mayo and sometimes I'll go all out and make all the fixings like cheese, tomato, lettuce, avocado, onions. Depends on what I'm the mood for.

Grilled cheese is bomb, no matter how you make it it's always good, I like it equally well smothered in mayo on white bread with american cheese as I like panini pressed with garlic aoili on a french roll with gruyere or some other fancy cheeses. No matter how you grill it it's ALWAYS good. I also enjoy grilling a cheese with a few slices of tofurky and some honey mustard and sometime if I'm feeling fancy thinly sliced apple. MMMM!

I also love, which is not listed above, Falafel! I love it in a pita pocket, as a sandwich, in a tortilla, or as a burger! Usually with my own "tzatziki" sauce and some tomatoes and lettuce, it's just soooooo good! Planning on actually making some falafel burgers soon!

I love tuna salad. I can understand what might be bad about it but I've always loved tuna and green onions. Especially good if put on some warmed whole-wheat bread with some various nuts, there is a Safeway brand I really like.

I voted for a lot of them because.... how do you choose just one good type of sandwich? I don't eat sandwiches too often since I tend to get sick of any kind, even though I like them, if I eat too much, but I'll practically eat anything when it comes to sandwiches. :p

Honestly, any sandwich with meat and/or cheese is the best for me!
And next in line would probably be pb & j :D

Chicken/turkey, cheese, mayo, and a ton of salad veg.

Last edited:
Back