Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Is anybody else watching this? I read the book a very long time ago so I don't remember much from it. I know I didn't really like the book because of the writing style (tbh, I don't seem to like fiction written by Canadian authors. Canadian writing is very depressing and slow - for the most part). However, I'm actually really liking the show. Is anybody else watching it? Or have you read the book by Margaret Atwood? I'm actually going to try to read it again. When I read it first, I was still very young, and perhaps it just wasn't the kind that I liked at the time. At that age, I was reading historical fiction - about slavery, the holocaust, etc. I had never read dystopian at that time. Anyway, what are your thoughts on this book/show?

Canadian authors do tend to be kind of depressing lol. (I'm Canadian), in school they tried to give us Canadian authors to read and the books all just seemed depressing. Margaret Atwood is really good, though (still often kinda depressing, but good). A Handmaid's Tale isn't one I've read, but I remember my sister reading it for school and learning about the story through her doing her homework. I kind of want to read it myself before watching the show but I know I just won't ever get around to that.

They're also making a mini-series based on one of her other books, Alias Grace. They filmed a few scenes in my city and I got to watch which was pretty cool.

Canadian authors do tend to be kind of depressing lol. (I'm Canadian), in school they tried to give us Canadian authors to read and the books all just seemed depressing. Margaret Atwood is really good, though (still often kinda depressing, but good). A Handmaid's Tale isn't one I've read, but I remember my sister reading it for school and learning about the story through her doing her homework. I kind of want to read it myself before watching the show but I know I just won't ever get around to that.

They're also making a mini-series based on one of her other books, Alias Grace. They filmed a few scenes in my city and I got to watch which was pretty cool.

Yeah I heard about Alias Grace. I never read it myself, but the trailer looks interesting. Well I'm definitely giving The Handmaid's tale another chance :) I did love the concept, just not the writing style. But that might change now that I'm older.

Oooh, except Life of Pi, that's a great Canadian novel.

Yeah, I've been wanting to keep up with the Margaret Atwood hype, but I just don't have time to read these days. :/

Back