What are some things you wish you could change?

vel

xoxo
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
idk i've been emotional lately and ****, so more on the topic:

what are some things that happened to you, or something or someone in your life you want to change? i know this is a broad subject, so narrow it down to something smaller, like that one girl in your damn class that always brags about being perfect.

try not to talk about something general or something that applies to everyone, like global warming or world hunger, but personal experiences that either piss you off or make your life just bad.

for me, i wish i could change the attitudes of some people i know. they are excellent at getting other people in trouble when it's their fault, they're hypocritical, they show off and get praise, but i don't have a place to say anything to them. it sucks because i see them practically every day, i wish they'd just be more accepting rather than being entitled.

I wish more people would be more self aware. There are so many people who are literal hypocrites who choose not to have conversations because "I'm right, everyone else is wrong" when life is full of gray areas and so many different opinions that are ~correct depending on how you look at it.

Like the person who road rages but is the person making the traffic even worse because of their erratic driving. Or the person who smokes and drinks heavily telling other people they eat too much or don't eat the right food.

lol I guess I would change the same thing as you for slightly different reasons. XD

I wish I could change how lazy I was in my last year of college and at University. I dropped out after year one of uni cause I'm a sloth and did no work, I was then lucky enough to get my current job but it's boring as hell. I dream of how much better my life would be if I wasn't such a lazy person (it pains me to think of my other many past mistakes...)

Last edited:
I wish I wasn't so insane and kept forgetting things ALL the time!!

I wish I procrastinated less! I wish I were more proactive about the things I want/want to do. I'm trying to learn a new language but I keep pushing it off, thinking, "Oh, I'll just do it later." Later never comes.
I, too, wish people would be less hypocritical and more self-aware. I confided in a new friend, whom I thought I could trust, and then she did the exact thing that she said she despised. I told her that I prefer being by myself and hanging with my friends rather than the people living in my city. I don't hate them but I just already have my own things going on and I heard they love to gossip and are quite cliquish. I'd rather not get involved with people like that in the first place. She told me she hated cliques and gossip........... and then proceeded to told everyone, behind my back, that I hated them, which I never even said. I contacted the people I'm closest with in the group and told them what I REALLY said but I don't feel like confronting her or talking with the whole group about it because I don't really care enough about them to be bothered enough to do it. She's a grown-ass woman so I'm really curious why she felt she had to do that. Classic "new kid in town betrays their only friend to get in with the group" scenario. I guess she felt she needed something for them to accept her which is so funny because they were desperately trying to get ME to join them. There are other people in our town who also rarely hang out but people don't care about what they do, only what I do. They're weirdly obsessed with me and would gossip about why I didn't want to hang out with them, even before this whole debacle. They don't have many friends outside of the people in our town. The weekend they went to a bar to gossip about me, I was staying overnight at a Buddhist temple, as part of a cultural experience exchange. At their age, it's pretty pathetic. Some of them are nearing 30... I'm more hurt that she betrayed my trust than I am about everyone hating me or having misconceptions about me though because I never hang out with them anyway and I never considered them friends in the first place. I really went out of my way to help her and make her feel welcome when she first came. I even gave her some stuff for her new apartment like a new shower rod and books. What a snake.

About myself, I'd like to be more motivated. Sometimes you lose the will to motivate yourself which can make life exhausting. I stress myself out so much so it's difficult to get into a mindset where I'm not constantly worrying about something. It sometimes prevents me from taking on an opportunity. I'm hoping to get better at that.

As for others, I wish they wouldn't suffer of any sicknesses or worry about getting an illness. One of the most important people in my life had cancer and went through surgery. It was successful but the constant hospital visits and seeing them constantly worrying about relapsing breaks my heart. Thank god it was caught early on.

I had my pet pass away last year from cancer and it still hurts. He was such a sweetheart and I still miss his company. I wish we had more time with each other. It gives me a little bit of comfort knowing I'd see him again perhaps in the afterlife. Life is so precious.

I wish my father survived cancer and watched me graduate college. ��

im sorry for your loss :( he'd be so proud of you xx

i wish i had better genetics. ive struggled from generlised anxiety disorder my whole life (im only 20). some months im doing great, and others, i'd rather not have to feel anything at all

practice my trumpet more, and hopefully get into the more experienced bands??

but anyways, i wish i wouldve been more open in the past years to my friends. i dont feel like my friends are really friends anymore. ;//

I wish more people would be more self aware. There are so many people who are literal hypocrites who choose not to have conversations because "I'm right, everyone else is wrong" when life is full of gray areas and so many different opinions that are ~correct depending on how you look at it.

Like the person who road rages but is the person making the traffic even worse because of their erratic driving. Or the person who smokes and drinks heavily telling other people they eat too much or don't eat the right food.

lol I guess I would change the same thing as you for slightly different reasons. XD

I really resonate with this. People have a hard time recognizing their own faults, myself included.

Wish my parents weren't so lgbt-phobic, so I could be more comfortable around them. Also wish my pets could live forever and that my grandpa was still alive, I miss him terribly.

for past actions i have a lot of guilt on my hands
at least i try very hard to correct my mistakes towards the people i have wronged

- - - Post Merge - - -

then theres a personal event that if i had told to someone sooner than i did i probably would have won the case

I would change how I carry myself through life. I want to be more diligent and honest and hard working. I want to be more confident in myself and not afraid to put myself out there and dress the way I want and act the way I want. I want to be less ignorant so that I'm educated enough to use my power for good.

Wish I could stop being so anxious about things that literally ultimately never matter in the end and always seem to work themselves out.

Back