• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Weather in NL

Gem of Paradise

Representative of Paradise
Bells
Switch
8400-3995-6896
Festive Bell
Green Christmas Stocking
Festive Bell
Red Christmas Stocking
Oblivia's Ugly Christmas Egg
I see in ACNL it can be sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowy, clear nights, partly cloudy, aurora nights, and even meteor showers. But does it ever have thunder/lightning storms? And does it ever rain at the island? And what kind of weather do you think would be nice added to ACNL? I would like fog in the game.

Actually fog is in the game :)

ba6361e8-e74c-429c-85ee-a30dff99319d.jpg

I like to see it windy.

Thunder and lightning storms exist, they're just really rare. I'm pretty sure you can see what they're like on the Ancient Fish Tour. I've also seen it rain on the island, but only ever a light sprinkle. I'd like to see hail weather. It would be really unique and I think it would make a really nice noise.

Thunder and lightning storms exist, they're just really rare. I'm pretty sure you can see what they're like on the Ancient Fish Tour. I've also seen it rain on the island, but only ever a light sprinkle. I'd like to see hail weather. It would be really unique and I think it would make a really nice noise.

Hail would be cool, as long as it doesn't destroy flowers and trees, like it did here about a month ago. It hailed for 1/2 hour and it covered the ground.

Thunderstorms exist in the game, and they're quite cool!

I love the way everything lights up, even in the houses.

I would also like to see wind in the game. I think it would be really cool, especially in the fall. We could have leaves blowing like the cherry blossoms in April. Or when it storms really badly, the wind could blow. Or just a regular breezy day.

I would also like to see wind in the game. I think it would be really cool, especially in the fall. We could have leaves blowing like the cherry blossoms in April. Or when it storms really badly, the wind could blow. Or just a regular breezy day.

I'd love wind. seeing trees and flowers and even character's hair blow in the wind and have leaves flying around occasionally. maybe you could catch them with your net and exchange them for items. and wind sound effects would be wonderful.

yes! i'd love wind to be added, as said above ^ there could be subtle changes on a breezy day and then more severe changes (trees blowing around, hair blowing, etc) on a very windy day

This isn't considered weather, but I think it'd be neat that along with the moon phases, if NL had low/high tides. Tidal pools are really exciting to me, plus it could add more sea critters to yoink.

"Oh dead jellyfish? IT'S MINE NOW!" /morbid

OOOO how about a tornado? In winter it would be fun to have a blizzard now and then with snowfall deeper than normal.

And I LOVE the idea of tidal pools! And maybe when it storms there could be waves at the beach. Maybe even a hurricane and the next day you you could find stuff washed up on shore... not the old stuff you can find in the store but maybe rare shells or stuff lke Poseidon's trident or pieces of shipwrecks. In fact wouldn't it be great if we could wear scuba gear and see underwater and maybe visit a shipwreck??

Back