• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which Animal Crossing game is your least favourite?

What's your least favourite Animal Crossing game?

• [GCN] Animal Crossing

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • [DS] Wild World

Votes: 64 33.0%
  • [Wii] City Folk

Votes: 99 51.0%
  • [3DS] New Leaf

Votes: 14 7.2%

• Total voters
I can honestly say the only one so far I can say I dislike is City Folk. Because it's the only one I never cared to buy. The wii was the worst Nintendo console I've owned (I only have a small number of games for it- and I never even bothered with the WiiU) and even when I had the chance to get the game one day while shopping at gamestop with my grandmother I chose another game instead. I disliked the commercials for it as well and it made me dislike the idea of the game even more for some reason.

Though if I were to make a list of my preferences in Animal Crossing related games it'd probably be like:

New Leaf = Population Growing > Happy Home Designer = Pocket Camp (really want to play this... and I might be able to now that I have my own phone since mom says I can play games on it at home without jacking up the phone bill) > Wild World >> City Folk >>> Amiibo Festival

I'd actually probably want to play Amiibo Festival before I'd play City Folk if it weren't for the fact Amiibo Cards and Figures are necessary.

City folk for me. I' m not really a home console person, especially as a child. Can't play a wii on a long car trip! I liked city folk, I just played it way less than any other game because it's just easier to play when it's portable. It's way better suited for something like the switch or DS.

I can honestly say the only one so far I can say I dislike is City Folk. Because it's the only one I never cared to buy. The wii was the worst Nintendo console I've owned (I only have a small number of games for it- and I never even bothered with the WiiU) and even when I had the chance to get the game one day while shopping at gamestop with my grandmother I chose another game instead. I disliked the commercials for it as well and it made me dislike the idea of the game even more for some reason.

Though if I were to make a list of my preferences in Animal Crossing related games it'd probably be like:

New Leaf = Population Growing > Happy Home Designer = Pocket Camp (really want to play this... and I might be able to now that I have my own phone since mom says I can play games on it at home without jacking up the phone bill) > Wild World >> City Folk >>> Amiibo Festival

I'd actually probably want to play Amiibo Festival before I'd play City Folk if it weren't for the fact Amiibo Cards and Figures are necessary.

lol what

City Folk for sure. It was just an Wild World update pretty much. Having to design with the wii remote was my least favorite part of it. I nearly quit Animal Crossing itself because of it. I actually wasn’t planning on buying New Leaf at first. Thank goodness I did.

Probably City Folk. I only played this for a short while on my brother's Wii (he bought the game just for me) but I still found it a bit underwhelming, even if the graphics were a lot better than Wild World. I also hate the Wii controllers so that's probably a big factor too. Wild World introduced me to the franchise so I have a soft spot for that game! I often get nostalgic for those *bad* pixelly graphics. Also Wild World's soundtrack is my favourite among the games so far!

Last edited:
My least favorite Animal Crossing game was City Folk. I tend to prefer handheld versions of the games.

Can't really say since I haven't played Wild World and City Folk/Let's Go To The City. The original and New Leaf are both awesome. Some stuff I like better in ACGC, other things I like better in ACNL. Which one is better is impossible to say. What I can say is that if we count the spinoffs, then Happy Home Designer is by far my least favorite out of the ones I've played.

Let's Go To The City. [/brit]

Animal Crossing doesn't suit a home console IMO. I know it started on a home console (although I never played the GC game) but I feel simulation games are best suited to handhelds. When AC Switch comes out I'll play purely handheld I think.

City Folk just always felt off to me. It might be because I didn't play it until New Leaf had been out for a year, and I didn't have a Wii when it came out, but something about it just feels very lackluster and clunky. Also it didn't seem to fit in with the way the Wii worked.

Oddly enough, not City Folk, in fact Wild World is my least favorite, simply because I prefer the other games, not counting Pocket Camp. (I don?t have HHD or Amiibo Festival)

New Leaf is definitely my favorite. I like the GameCube version because it is classic and has a different feel to it then other animal crossing games. While I do like wild world more than city folk overall, I have to put wild world lower on the list. Only because it is much harder to play after a game like new leaf and it did not age well. Though I enjoy them all so much that none of them are bad to me. That?s just he order I would prefer to play in

New Leaf and GC are out of question, so it is between City Folk and Wild World. I once started a new town in City Folk in winter and it started turning into a desert after just 2 weeks. In Wild World the graphics don't hold up at all, but this can be fixed with an emulator and the right settings. So my vote went to City Folk, because the grass deterioration alone is horrible enough.

In the same boat as OP! It's not that CF is a bad game, it's just that it felt like there was so much less to do, and the villagers didn't feel nearly as alive as they did in the original. In the original, I spent SO much of my time talking with my animals and running around doing their chores, and I really hated it when the animals in CF would just repeat the same line over and over again until you went into a different area and came back again. I think that's honestly my biggest complaint with it.

From the games listed on this pole, I would say Wild World, although I wouldn't go ahead and say it my
least favorite overall, it's more like that I enjoyed the other AC games a little bit more in retrospect.

If there is a AC games which I would call my least favorite (and which is not listed on this pole) then
it's probably Pocket Camp. Overall, I didn't enjoyed this game that much and those stupid Leaf Tickets
are a pain in the butt. Lost my interest pretty quick and quited it as I didn't wanted to waste any
more time into it.

Wild World. Although I don't remember a lot from it despite playing the game so much, the graphics were a no for me.
City Folk is right behind it though even though I have so many memories from that game.

Because I have never played Wild World and have no interest or intent to ever do so, the obvious choice for worst mainline installment for me is City Folk. The villagers' dialogue was the most bland it has ever been, as far as I've experienced in one of these games, and they would repeat themselves a lot. The grass deterioration was apparently even worse than New Leaf's, which I don't even want to imagine because I already hate New Leaf's grass deterioration, though I never played City Folk long enough to see it in person. I also hated being forced to use the Wiimote and Nunchuck since I would rather be using the GameCube controller like I would on practically any other Wii game that allowed me to do so. City Folk was just a thoroughly unpleasant experience for me and I never got far in it because nothing drew me in.

Wild World... the graphics girl... not good. I barely played it when I was younger, I've always prefered City Folk, for pretty much everything.

Wild World was my least favorite. The graphics were almost painful to look at. At least Wild World had some cool events and a movie spin-off.

I didn't particularly care for a lot of City Folk. I liked to run everywhere and the grass wore down REALLY fast and I was never good at lying paths. One thing I did like about City Folk was the shop card! I didn't have to carry hundreds of thousands of bells to pick something up at Gracie's.

City Folk was the worst and not even because I hated the game itself but the fact that it was only playable with Wii remotes. Those remotes made my hands cramp after an hour. It was so hard to fish, and catch bugs or simply running ANYWHERE. I wanted to love it so bad, I loved how they had the bus and the city was set up. But I couldn't stand the Wii remote set up for it. Especially because I have carpal tunnel flare ups in both my wrists, this easily was my least favorite version. At least with my DS, I can rest my wrists on my lap and play for long periods. It doesn't always make me immune to my flare ups but anything was better than dealing with City Folk.

Last edited:
Back