Which Animal Crossing game is your least favourite?

What's your least favourite Animal Crossing game?

• [GCN] Animal Crossing

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • [DS] Wild World

Votes: 64 33.0%
  • [Wii] City Folk

Votes: 99 51.0%
  • [3DS] New Leaf

Votes: 14 7.2%

• Total voters
New Leaf.
Nintendo took away the villagers brains, and replaced them with bundt cake. :-/

New Leaf.
Nintendo took away the villagers brains, and replaced them with bundt cake. :-/

"I'm not enjoying this game, so everyone else shouldn't be enjoying it either."

-- Almost every message you've been posting in this forum this month.

"I'm not enjoying this game, so everyone else shouldn't be enjoying it either."

-- Almost every message you've been posting in this forum this month.

I posted my opinion. I didn't say you had to like it.

No need to be nasty.
I wasn't. :(

Last edited:
Wildworld because nook rips you off after you pay off your house which took forever....
And idk. It was just okay? I have more memories with basically every other game.

Wild World.

I still had fun playing it, but it's just very lacking. The graphics aren't very good, and there is little to do in the game. There aren't any real holidays, and the ones that are in the game are boring.

Looking at the series as it currently is I say you can get the full Animal Crossing experience if you play both New Leaf and Gamecube. Those two games are phenominal and everything GC lacks in customization NL has and everything NL lacks in 'personality' (quirkyness, villager dialogue, backstory, etc.) GC has.

This leaves Wild World and City Folk. Now, I understand why many people put WW as their least favourite. It lacks holidays and it's graphics aged horribly. However, if you step back and look at the games in their time and in relation to the rest of series: CF added absolutely nothing positive! WW was the first to introduce hat and hair customization, side rooms, real multiplayer, villager pictures and more. Therefore I pick CF as my least favourite.

To put it simply: without Wild World, New Leaf wouldn't have been as wonderful as it was. Without City Folk... New Leaf would have honestly probably been better as villager personalities wouldn't have been wrecked. XD

Last edited:
I think that CF in my least favourite, I haven't soo much memory with that game, and also if WW isn't perfect and it is very old, I'll always love that game!

I can't decide because I love them all. My vote goes to amiibo festival.

Jk. I guess City Folk but I still played the crap out of it and consider it one of my favorite Wii games + made tones of friends + memories etc

Definitely he GC version. Even though I played it as a young kid I still REALLY dislike the game. Tbh, I truly believe the only reason people claim they like it is because of nostalgia

Wild World's graphics aged horribly, and that's a dealbreaker. This is coming a lot from a guy that barely gives a crap about graphics, thinks SM64 still looks good, and plays Animal Crossing on a Nintendo console with a 240p screen

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't see why anyone would choose CF as their least favorite because it's WW with objectively better graphics and more content

I agree. Wild World is definitely my least favorite for all of those reasons. City Folk is actually my favorite one, Wild World is just so poorly done that I can barely get myself to build a town and get into it when I can play a better animal crossing title.

City Folk *gags on the word*

Because 1. That grass deterioration though 2. The conversation with villagers is so weird? It makes me not want to talk to them 3. It's basically Wild World (and I LOVE Wild World) but on the Wii so it's awkward to play and just altogether not as fun

Last edited:
My least favorite is probably City Folk. But even at that, I still enjoyed it and played it a ton when it came out. It was just the most underwhelming AC in my opinion. There were no big, or exciting changes from the previous AC, Wild World. I feel like the most major change, the city, could have been done way better than it was. There wasn't really all that much to it. They just took previous pieces of AC games (ie: Shampoodles, Katrinas Shop) and just stuck it in "a city". In my opinion it could have been done way better/differently.

The dialogue with villagers was bland and the introduction of grass deterioration are a couple other big parts of City Folk I did not like.

Last edited:
City Folk, I like it and all, but it isn't as classic as the others for me...

i am surprised that more people voted cf then ww! for city folk, the game itself is better then wild world as it had better graphics, better content and generally was an all round good animal crossing game. But i can then also see why people voted ww as more people played it, it was the easier accessible game on the more popular handheld (rather then it being limited to home play on the console) but if i were to go back and play an animal crossing game, i would find myself reaching for city folk and not wild world? Its a more interesting game to play. (also: HOW have people voted for game cube, that game was the bomb at the time, classic) :lemon:

I feel like new leaf is the best one! It has way more features, it's easier to control than Wild World, and you have public works projects and town ordinances! I' m surprised it doesn't have more votes!

I'm getting the feeling that most of us are in complete agreement with each other? It seems to me that most who voted for Wild World did so because City Folk IS technically Wild World with better graphics and more content and thus making it better.
On the other hand those voting for City Folk voted for City Folk for that same exact reason. Because it's basically just an updated Wild World port so much less effort went into creating the game than the other three installments...

Main series - Wild World. Sure, the game is nostalgic as heck but it is SO dated. The framerate is horrible and the villagers are far too mean in this game. In the GCN games and City Folk / Let's Go to the City, the villagers had a nice variety of being nice and mean, but in Wild World they are mostly irritating. And don't get me STARTED on the fact that you have to play every 2 DAYS just to prevent a villager from moving out. I just don't have the time for that. Not to mention that you have to keep talking to villagers over and over and OVER just to prevent them from moving out which is tiring and headache inducing. One time I had to keep talking to Rosie for an HOUR just so she wouldn't move out, like, COME ON! That was so annoying that it made me delete both my WW save and backed up save, meaning my town is lost forever (sure it had Rosie, Static and Purrl, but I have them in my other towns aside from Static). Now don't get me wrong, the music is amazing (probably the best thing about the game) and some of the new features are pretty nice, but this game also took away a ton of features that were in the previous games, such as sports balls and actual holidays such as Toy Day. There wasn't even a need to remove those. The DS wasn't THAT limited. I don't think Wild World is a bad game by any means, it's just not enjoyable for me. I think it's an okay game, but definitely a game that's a bit overrated and a game I probably won't return to. I just find it odd how the movie and mangas were actually really good (especially the movie) compared to the game they were based on (then again, the movie had some GCN references, and the first Wild World manga was originally based off the GCN game).

Spin-off series - amiibo Festival. do i need to say anything? who even likes this game? lol

Although Wild World looks shocking now, Let's Go To The City gets my vote. It was a disappointment. Sure, the first bus ride was a thrill but the game was pretty boring. Not to mention I didn't enjoy playing it on a non-handheld system as much. The shops were quite expensive with no great way to earn money. The villagers seemed more boring.

Overall, Wild World is nostalgic, whereas the City game was just lacking and was an utter disappointment.

City Folk for me.
WW was the first game I played, so I look back at that fondly.
CF, IMO, was basically Wild World but non-portable and they stuck a city in for good measure.

Back