• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Which Animal Crossing game is your least favourite?

What's your least favourite Animal Crossing game?

• [GCN] Animal Crossing

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • [DS] Wild World

Votes: 64 33.0%
  • [Wii] City Folk

Votes: 99 51.0%
  • [3DS] New Leaf

Votes: 14 7.2%

• Total voters

Stockley_

The Director
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7457-9399-7967
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
I've only played the original, City Folk, and New Leaf, but I have to say out of those three, City Folk is my least favourite :p

Last edited:
I think GC is honestly pretty great, and it has some cool things that I wish were carried over into more games. I just have no sort of nostalgia towards it, and I don't have the heart to say WW or CF is my least favourite

Wild World. I loved it at the time, and played it non stop, but I tried playing it again a couple of years ago, and the graffics were terrible. There were other things I hated as well.

City Folk, because it really disappointed me because it was, at the time, like Wild World but with the city. I enjoy it much more now than I did when it was released, but Wild World will always hold a special place as my first AC game. I do really like the GC game because it's so different than what I am used to with AC now.

Wild World's graphics aged horribly, and that's a dealbreaker. This is coming a lot from a guy that barely gives a crap about graphics, thinks SM64 still looks good, and plays Animal Crossing on a Nintendo console with a 240p screen

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't see why anyone would choose CF as their least favorite because it's WW with objectively better graphics and more content

Last edited:
I only played 2 of these and can't really get myself to vote.

While the graphics of CF are far better than WW, I think it's still my least favorite. The amount of time I spent playing WW as a kid versus the amount of time I spent playing CF doesn't even compare honestly lol, so I think WW ranks above CF.

I've only really played New Leaf and Wild World. I've watched a couple of game plays of the rest because I don't have a Wii.
The only reason I like Wild World the least is (in my opinion) there's really less to do in that game, and the graphics were really bad haha.
I do have so much nostalgia towards that game though and it hurts my heart to even be critical about it. :(

My least favourite has gotta be city folk. It seems like one of the laziest entries in the series imo, the villagers have no personality and say the same thing over and over, literally. But it does have it's moments, however it's the one I play the least so for that reason it's my least favourite. I just don't think AC was made for the wii imo, sure the graphics were improved massively, but a game that requires you to spend hours in, with iffy controls isn't very comfortable. I'm a huge fan of the city though and I wish that was there instead of the mainstreet. I loved the aesthetics of the city a lot.

City Folk, by a long-shot.

Wild World had issues, don't get me wrong. The removal of holidays was a big point of contention with me. However, I can look at that game and say that it added enough new features to at least justify it as an okay Animal Crossing game in my mind. City Folk was just bad. It's like the only thing that they cared about polishing in the game was the graphics. They slopped that game together so quick making for a very lackluster single-player experience (for example, the villagers having no options/'phases' to their conversations and being VERY repetitive), the city which was obviously tacked on to make the game look like something new took away a lot of replay value, and there were other unforgivably bad design choices (removing the villager pictures, reducing the house size, basing the whole game on motion controls and thus making patterns become really hard, etc.). City Folk is objectively worse than Wild World.. And we're comparing a Wii game to a DS game. The Wii game really only was better graphically. Pathetic.

It's a wonder that a quality sequel like New Leaf even happened after that mess.

Last edited:
Definitely Wild World. Bad DS graphics, boring holiday's, I couldn't play it for more that five days without getting bored with it. City Folk is a better version of it. It has real holidays, and the city.

I never played WW, so that's out. With the other 3, City Folk is my least favorite. There were some things I loved about it, like the loss of the hat, the city, and the new Gracie stuff. But I hated grass wear because my town always ended up looking like a desert. The villagers had nothing really to say, they seemed friendlier in the original and their random move-outs were so annoying. I wasn't a fan of the magical bus either that arrived and disappeared with no road. But, I still played it for hours though.

I voted Animal Crossing Wild World just because i'm not a fan of the obscure event contest clues here based on that game.. :p

I've only played Wild World, City Folk, and New Leaf, but out of those I'd have to say my least favourite is City Folk. Some of the dialogue was good, but it was way too repetitive. I'd talk to Francine and she'd say the exact same line twenty times in a row; I couldn't stand it. I liked the City and the graphics were good, along with some of the new events (I didn't like the removal of Bright Nights/Flower Fest/La-Di-Day, though, and the Bug Offs and Flea Markets were far worse in City Folk than in Wild World), but the repetitive dialogue was definitely the worst part. I also didn't like how once a villager was in boxes they were unable to be stopped, and I even had a villager say they were going to stay after I told them not to move but ended up being in boxes the very next day anyway, which was one of the main things that made me stop playing.

Wild World. There really isn't anything to do unless you play with others. I understand City Folk is hated a lot, but at least if you don't have friends to play with there are actual events for you to enjoy.

I haven't played since GC, and likely won't really at this point, so cool to read everyone's opinions about the other games. It sounds like NL is a great time to get back on board! I hope mobile is fun, whatever it turns out to be.

Wild World. I loved it as a kid but now it's just kinda...bland.

City Folk. While I appreciate that they tried catering to various consoles, it just didn't seem to translate well for whatever reason.

This sounds pathetic but I only clicked on ACWW because I've never played it, I haven't played the original ACGC either but I've heard amazing things about it.

I really enjoyed ACCF and I'm currently loving ACNL and I can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store for the upcoming AC

Back