• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Which Animal Crossing game is your least favourite?

What's your least favourite Animal Crossing game?

• [GCN] Animal Crossing

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • [DS] Wild World

Votes: 64 33.0%
  • [Wii] City Folk

Votes: 99 51.0%
  • [3DS] New Leaf

Votes: 14 7.2%

• Total voters
I love love loved WW as a kid, and I still do. New Leaf comes second, but CF comes last. I mean, it's pretty good, but not as good as NL and WW. So definently CF as my least favourite.

wild world was what started my crack addiction with animal crossing so it has got a special place in my heart despite how crap it feels to play now comparatively. city folk, however, just never clicked with me. animal crossing is a game that i associate with playing lazily under my blankets or on the go or just about anywhere. it was always a pocket world for me and having it anchored to a tv in my living room felt really restrictive, especially as a kid.

Animal Crossing City Folk, no matter how hard I try to get into it I just can't

Gotta be Wild World, if only because City Folk is for the most part just a greatly expanded version of it. The only real drawback in my books being the lack of Villager pictures.

Population Growing is lacking a lot of aspects of course, but it has a very special charm compared to the other games which makes it rather stand out, despite a lot of the great features that's been added since.

Last edited:
Let's Go To The City is by far my least favourite. Both Gamecube and Wild World are a little clunky to play now, especially compared to New Leaf, but I grew up with Wild World and Gamecube is just awesome. Let's Go To The City was just something I couldn't get into, it felt like a chore to play it. I'm not sure why I think this exactly, but I just didn't like it.

Out of your list, I?ve actually only played Animal Crossing New Leaf. Which is my favourite. Between New Leaf, Pocket Camp and Happy Home Designer it is hard to pick my least favourite. With Happy Home Designer, I like to decorate, but I didn?t like how little there was to do compared to New Leaf. Pocket Camp is more challenging, but still not as much to do. Wish they would make a new one as good as New Leaf. But with new stuff.

City Folk. Wild World does NOT hold up in my opinion, but it was a great game in its time and I poured hours into it. I still log into my Gamecube town from time to time, and I've had it for upwards of 10 years, so that's my second favorite. New Leaf is definitely my favorite of all time. But I couldn't get past the controls of City Folk, and I feel like it just has too many things that other installments do better, so there was no reason for me to go back to it. I'm pretty sure I sold it to keep playing my original Gamecube town.

If Amiibo Festival doesn't count as an official title, I've gotta say City Folk. The controls are weird and clunky, the game seems rushed/lazy and it lacks the charm that most AC games have. Not to mention having a city in a game is just... weird.

i've only played new leaf. my friend had city folk and i saw that in action a couple times and tbh the controls aren't my thing. idk something about it is less appealing to me than the other games seem :D

for me id have to say new leaf, it did a lot of things great like adding all the new bugs fish flowers, but also made the game much easier and made the villagers relatively boring

For me it is CF because I couldn't play it. I have a problem with games that have too much panning, it makes me nauseous. I had so many copies of the GC version, as well as WW. I didn't think anything could top WW but going back and playing it now, as has already been said elsewhere the graphics are awful. I don't know how I played it, it is so "fuzzy" looking. However, I feel that the villagers had so much more personality in WW and GC versions. The villagers now seem so tame and repetitive in NL, but I still prefer it over all the other versions so far.

I don't dislike any of the entries to the series but I had to vote for Wild World.
Every single Animal Crossing game comes packed with memories, but I enjoy Animal Crossing as a home console game more as I prefer playing a big screen.
While I logged in lots of hours into WW, I put much more into CF.

I can't wait for the switch version, I can finally play it on the big screen but also bring it to uni or on holiday with ease.

Probably Wild World which is crazy because I had such an amazing time playing it and it was my childhood! But I really do think that with every new game they come out with they have definitely improved from the last one.
Fingers crossed they do the same for the switch! xD

I've only played WW and NL. There are things I like about WW that NL is lacking, and vice versa.

I couldn't go back to WW after NL though.
The graphics are superior, and it has the island, PWP's and so much more.
It's only missing the extensive, witty dialogue that WW had. ^_^

City Folk belongs in the trash. Basically a lazy graphical upgrade of WW with none of the good dialogue to make up for the lack of new features.

I picked City Folk. I found moving around really tedious compared to what I was used to in WW and because I was only able to play on the weekends it took me ages to make any progress with collecting fish/bugs/bells. Being able to play wherever I like is also a reason why CF is my least favourite

WW has amazing dialogue, but the graphics and the color scheme is just awful... No matter how much you decorate your town and no matter how cute your clothes are, it still looks cheap...
CF addressed the graphics, but removed the villagers personalities.
NL has pretty great graphics, but it seems like the villagers just aren't that into you and still kind of remind me of the CF villagers the way they keep giving me game tutorials when I have over 1000 in game hours. And I rarely ever get pinged either and I know my friendship is high with them, so that's not it

City Folk was meh

I only voted the original because I never played it. I loved all three, NL is my favorite. Mostly the stacking ability with fruits and selecting all fossils to be identified puts it way ahead.

I've never played City Folk, so it's my least favorite by default.

Back