• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon General Discussion

what other time of day is there!? Eclipse form???
Well in Sun and Moon we had a day and night forme. We now have a dusk forme and the opposite of dusk is dawn so...

That's what I was thinking too, it's colour scheme in the leaks look reminiscent of Midnight Lycanroc.
Yea. Just seems odd to me, like the original formes were exclusive to Sun/Moon evolution wise. Here we still have 2 games but one forme, so are the OG evolutions going to stay exclusive to the originals, and the dusk forme be unique to the second games, or will the OG formes still be unique to their respective game (day forme for US and night forme for UM) and just have the dusk forme be obtained if it's evolved outside of these hours in both games? But then if it's going to be exclusive to USUM, do we just have the one evolution for both versions? Especially since dusk has a very distinct opposite of dawn.

Hah, interesting reveal since that blur cover looked nothing like it to me. Oh well, cool to see more new content the least. Wonder if it'll come a 4th one/Dawn as well...

Hah, interesting reveal since that blur cover looked nothing like it to me. Oh well, cool to see more new content the least. Wonder if it'll come a 4th one/Dawn as well...

I don't think so, the Pokemon Company has listed it as Dusk/Dawn/Twilight form from translations so I think this is all we get.

I don't think so, the Pokemon Company has listed it as Dusk/Dawn/Twilight form from translations so I think this is all we get.

Everything I've seen (other languages) list is as either Dusk or Twilight, nothing that I've seen suggests Dawn. Though as the days go on I'm more sceptical about us getting a Dawn forme.

I'm expecting fossil Pokemon, they were hinted at in Sun and Moon by the guy who wants to build a fossil park aka a Jurassic Park style theme park and I cant wait to see it. Maybe we'll have a fossil gym leader?

Gym leaders will be in this game no doubt, they were hinted at in the game because gyms were being constructed in areas such as the Hau'oli City.

I think a memory link thing should be available and one of the features would be us facing our Moon/Sun character, even if the game is set in an alternate storyline and Lillie's adventures in Kanto.

National Dex will return.

New Alola forms.

This game is just the complete version of Pok?mon Sun and Moon, people who complain that there is no news shouldn't be complaining and do you want to know why? It's your OWN FAULT, so much surprise factor was ruined because of leakers and the fact that we aren't getting much news is completely valid and it makes me want to buy it more. GF clearly have something up their sleeves and I'm excited to see what that something is, there's also the fact that people complained about the amount of reveals running up to Sun and Moon sooo....Many of the reveals were because GF had no choice because of the leakers who spoiled almost everything apart from the story which I'm thankful for.

X and Y should've been like this and it's sad that we didn't get to see the full extent of what gen 6 was meant to be, so hopefully gen 7 can do something about that. :)

The new Lycanroc form looks almost identical to the day form though. It has a new mane courtesy of mega manectric and a slightly more saturated colour but otherwise...

I'm expecting fossil Pokemon, they were hinted at in Sun and Moon by the guy who wants to build a fossil park aka a Jurassic Park style theme park and I cant wait to see it. Maybe we'll have a fossil gym leader?

Gym leaders will be in this game no doubt, they were hinted at in the game because gyms were being constructed in areas such as the Hau'oli City.

I think a memory link thing should be available and one of the features would be us facing our Moon/Sun character, even if the game is set in an alternate storyline and Lillie's adventures in Kanto.

National Dex will return.

New Alola forms.

This game is just the complete version of Pok?mon Sun and Moon, people who complain that there is no news shouldn't be complaining and do you want to know why? It's your OWN FAULT, so much surprise factor was ruined because of leakers and the fact that we aren't getting much news is completely valid and it makes me want to buy it more. GF clearly have something up their sleeves and I'm excited to see what that something is, there's also the fact that people complained about the amount of reveals running up to Sun and Moon sooo....Many of the reveals were because GF had no choice because of the leakers who spoiled almost everything apart from the story which I'm thankful for.

X and Y should've been like this and it's sad that we didn't get to see the full extent of what gen 6 was meant to be, so hopefully gen 7 can do something about that. :)

The reason native fossil Pokemon weren't in Sun and Moon is because Alola is based off Hawaii and (read this online before but can't find it so ripping this off Wikipedia): "The Hawaiian islands began to form as a result of volcanic activity about 5 million years ago. Due to their young age and igneous geology they preserve very few fossils ... o non-avian dinosaur fossils have ever been found in Hawaii because the volcanic activity responsible for their creation did not begin until after their extinction. Hawaii therefore has rocks of both the wrong age and type to preserve dinosaur fossils. Most of Hawaii's animal fossil record consists of marine life" which explains why we didn't get any fossil Pokemon in Gen VII, the topography of Hawaii simply can't produce fossils. Since USUM are still based in Alola which is based off Hawaii, I doubt we're going to get new fossil Pokemon. The fossil guy is likely there because he's obsessed with fossils, but Alola doesn't have any native ones, hence why he happily restores others for you.

Everything else I agree with except your words on the leaks. GameFreak would have already had their reveals planned, they didn't go "oh, this has been leaked, better officially reveal it then!". Most of our official info for SM was from the trailers, or Coro Coro - both of which were probably finalized weeks before leakers even got their hands on them. I'll admit they went overboard with SM pre-release info, but it wasn't because of leakers and they felt forced, it was because it was a new generation and they had to hype it up somehow. Gen VII introduced 81 new Pokemon, and (I'm going off memory here), 62 Pokemon were officially revealed by Nintendo before the games even released, that's 76% of the Pokedex that was revealed by Nintendo, not the leaks. The only Pokemon that I think were actually leaked not form early access trailers, and not officially revealed by Nintendo a few days later were Mareanie (Amazon TCG box stuff up), Crabominable, Pyukumuku, Morelull, Passimian, Tapu Fini (Chinese leaks - which simply listed there being "a mushroom, a dolphin, a sea cucumber, a snowman, and a rugby monkey"), Marshadow (Nintendo not hiding their trademarks), Lycanroc (Chinese leak saying Rockruff would evolve into a Werewolf, however this is debatable of it being an actual leak as it's entry on the official Pokemon site strongly alluded to it evolving into a werewolf [If it begins to howl when the sun goes down, that is proof that it’s close to evolving], and no leaks ever mentioned a split evolution which ended up being the case), and the final evolutions of the starter Pokemon (leaked concept art/Chinese leak) - and of course there was Salandit which was the start of the Chinese leaks gaining credibility. The leaks were because someone at Nintendo was giving information to outside sources (hence why the majority of the leaks were screencaps of the official trailers a few days before they got released), or simply other means where someone decided to slip up, or had a mole at Nintendo. Outside of the Chinese and Riddle leaks (which had minimal information), we really didn't get many leaks that revealed a large array of information, most of that happened a few days before the official trailer came out, which is Nintendo's own fault for not properly securing them away; and that barely changes the situation because if the trailers didn't leak, we still would have gotten the exact same amount of information, albeit a few days later. Other than that, the majority of "leaks" came from the demo, which is once again, Nintendo's fault for not learning their lesson to scrap the demo of it's data after the ORAS demos got datamined, or when the game got released a few days early in Mexico. I doubt Nintendo were ever "forced to show their hand" in any way - I mean, leaked concept art of the starters final evoltuions started circulating in early July, and Nintendo didn't officially reveal them until October 27th and instead kept everyone guessing its authenticity for months - if they really did feel leaks forced them they wouldn't have waited nearly 4 months to reveal them - that pretty much shows that Nintendo will reveal stuff when they want, not because they're forced to because of leaks.

The reason we've seen little info on USUM so far is because it's not a new generation; we already know the characters, Pokemon, region, etc.. They've already revealed the concept of Ultra Beasts, the PokeFinger, Ride Pokemon, Island Trials, Alola Formes, there's simply just a lot less to reveal. These aren't new games packed with new content (do people really think they're going to develop a new region, game changing mechanics, and a whole new Pokedex mid generation?), they're old games with a fresh coat of paint. We also don't even know if this is an actual sequel yet or just set in an AU. At most, I see us only getting a few new Alola formes, Ultra Beasts, and alternate formes, and maybe a few new trials/gym leaders (depending which way they decide to go). The reason we haven't been getting a lot of info is because we essentially know most of it via Sun and Moon.

I'm wondering if there will be a USUM limited edition New 2DS/3DS XL... hopefully there is.
Might be going Ultra Sun this time around since I had Moon but perhaps I'll pick Ultra Moon. That Dusk Form Lycanroc is both a disappointment and surprise to me.

Last edited:
Coro Coro has leaked. Only shows Dusk form, so RIP Dawn form. Also says it has the Tough Claws ability, and can learn the signature moves of the other two forms (accelerock and counter).

Coro Coro has leaked. Only shows Dusk form, so RIP Dawn form. Also says it has the Tough Claws ability, and can learn the signature moves of the other two forms (accelerock and counter).

Pokemon Company stated it was the Dusk/Dawn/Twilight form for different regions.

Anyway, looks like this Lycanroc might be more viable than Midday and Midnight forms at this rate. Lets just hope his base stat spread isn't trash.

I hope they do better job with the trials this go around, the drug on too long in Sun and Moon imo. It took me months to complete the main story vs the usual few days because I kept putting it down and leaving it for so long. Better outfits too, most of the clothes for the girl trainer weren't all that (the skirts especially, haven't bought one lol). I have Pok?mon Sun, so I'll go with Ultra Moon this time :D

From Serebii:

"Following yesterday's leak of CoroCoro, a clearer image has now come showcasing the details of the distribution of a Rockruff, which they're listing as a "Special Rockruff" that can evolve into Dusk Form Lycanroc. The distribution will run on Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon from November 17th 2017 through to January 10th 2018.
Following Tuesday leak of CoroCoro, a clearer image has now come showcasing the full details of Lycanroc Dusk Form. It is confirmed to be a pure Rock-type and be 2'07/0.8m tall and weigh 55.1lbs/25kg. It also confirms once and for all that Dusk Form cannot be obtained during normal gameplay and only through the Special Rockruff distribution.
"

Sucks this is a special distribution Pokemon, kind of makes the whole form redundant IMO.

From Serebii:

"Following yesterday's leak of CoroCoro, a clearer image has now come showcasing the details of the distribution of a Rockruff, which they're listing as a "Special Rockruff" that can evolve into Dusk Form Lycanroc. The distribution will run on Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon from November 17th 2017 through to January 10th 2018.
Following Tuesday leak of CoroCoro, a clearer image has now come showcasing the full details of Lycanroc Dusk Form. It is confirmed to be a pure Rock-type and be 2'07/0.8m tall and weigh 55.1lbs/25kg. It also confirms once and for all that Dusk Form cannot be obtained during normal gameplay and only through the Special Rockruff distribution.
"

Sucks this is a special distribution Pokemon, kind of makes the whole form redundant IMO.

Hopefully I can get it since they claim it to be online for Japan, kinda sucks you have a Japanese 3ds and can't do the IRL events though :p

New trailer just released. Will post when I get home

Back