• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon General Discussion

Yeah that annoying SOS **** is not even fun when you just need fodder for the WT or grinding levels, like bruh I don't care for your "help" pok?mon they are hardly shiny anyways and ..well just delete that crap.
It's really easy getting a shiny via masuda method, tho.

''Really easy''

I mean, I guess it's not difficult to get a shiny but it does take a lot of effort, A LOT. It's also a very tedious method.

Even with the Masuda method and the shiny charm I find myself praying to RNGesus. Breeding my lovely shinies is what eventually leads me to getting tired of the game, too, which is funny. It takes up more time than actual gameplay sometimes, depending on luck.

Eh, not really. The RNG is really bad and you probably have to hatch as many amounts unless you have a really lucky RNG around.

I really liked gyms a lot better :( at least I don't have to buy a Nintendo Switch and my 3DS lives to fight another day

Last edited:
I really liked gyms a lot better :( at least I don't have to buy a Nintendo Switch and my 3DS lives to fight another day

Same, the trials would have been nice if they didn't take so long and you have to go everywhere. Oh well I hope they drop the babysitting dex and NPC's at least and don't hide facts about the software being slow this time.

''Really easy''

I mean, I guess it's not difficult to get a shiny but it does take a lot of effort, A LOT. It's also a very tedious method.

It is easy, simple actions, repetition, no real difficulty. BUT, it takes persistence, and patience.

A day before my birthday! Hopefully I can snag one again this year.

I got to confess, I've had Moon since launch and I'm still not done with it (I have around 51 hours so I reckon I'm close.) It usually takes me a little longer than the average player to finish the main game, but this is a lot even for me (46 hours of Y and around 39/40 for AS. I'm playing pearl right now and I've made more progress on it in 3 hours than I did in the first 5 hours I had Moon.)

I hope they aren't as hand holdy this time around (as much as I love Rotom Dex, I don't need him telling me to hurry up to continue the story. I just wanted to check on something man! I was a little taken back when he said "Come on, let's go back to [whatever location!"] since that killed a lot of my want to play the game. Also, just echoing the common mindset, I want PSS back! I liked being able to easily and quickly flip through all the players I wondertraded with (also it was more pleasing to the eye than having Rotom.)

A day before my birthday! Hopefully I can snag one again this year.

I got to confess, I've had Moon since launch and I'm still not done with it (I have around 51 hours so I reckon I'm close.) It usually takes me a little longer than the average player to finish the main game, but this is a lot even for me (46 hours of Y and around 39/40 for AS. I'm playing pearl right now and I've made more progress on it in 3 hours than I did in the first 5 hours I had Moon.)

I hope they aren't as hand holdy this time around (as much as I love Rotom Dex, I don't need him telling me to hurry up to continue the story. I just wanted to check on something man! I was a little taken back when he said "Come on, let's go back to [whatever location!"] since that killed a lot of my want to play the game. Also, just echoing the common mindset, I want PSS back! I liked being able to easily and quickly flip through all the players I wondertraded with (also it was more pleasing to the eye than having Rotom.)

Yeah that Plaza with all the shop things and 54 steps to even trade and connect, just no. And yeah I miss flipping through people you see and the simpliness :0

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wonder if people really used all those develop buildings things too, to be honest? To me they were pretty meh, let alone the Friendship Caf? since a lot of evolving but still.. Felt unnecessary to me.

Yeah that Plaza with all the shop things and 54 steps to even trade and connect, just no. And yeah I miss flipping through people you see and the simpliness :0

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wonder if people really used all those develop buildings things too, to be honest? To me they were pretty meh, let alone the Friendship Caf? since a lot of evolving but still.. Felt unnecessary to me.

I use te developed buildings. My Festival Plaza has three 5* rare kitchen buildings. I use them to get the last few levels when I'm grinding to level 100 for hyper training.

I use te developed buildings. My Festival Plaza has three 5* rare kitchen buildings. I use them to get the last few levels when I'm grinding to level 100 for hyper training.

I think I did used get like a 2* or 3* but honestly I stopped caring bc I never used them xD Still I wish they could ditch that and just make a place on the regular map for it if they continue it.

The fact that we've had no information on these games yet is driving me insane. I NEED SOMETHING NOW

inb4 they'll not ditch that plaza.

but yeah more info than just fusing legendaries and stuff..

like remove region lock on event could be nice :0

inb4 they'll not ditch that plaza.

but yeah more info than just fusing legendaries and stuff..

like remove region lock on event could be nice :0

I swear like every other post is you lmao xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I doubt theyll remove region lock on events seeing as the system itself is region locked.

Should play Sun/Moon first or should I just ditch that and go for Ultra Sun/Moon,, hm

I swear like every other post is you lmao xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I doubt theyll remove region lock on events seeing as the system itself is region locked.

I know, I'm the ****poster. :p

Yeah, true though since they hardly do via Wi-fi and such anymore (unless you count worldwide serials for stones but they are still codes so).

Well apparently they let go of region lock for the Switch unless I'm completely wrong. I guess it's hard doing in-life events worldwide nowadays but yeah region lock on the internet, wow. Just use a VPN, lol.

I'd probably go for Ultra, the ones now are not really worth it unless you're complete trash @Soigne

Back