• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon General Discussion

I can't say I'm excited about this until I know more... It looks kind of stupid as it is now. Like how different is it? Is it really going to be full priced? I hope they bring back the passerby system while also still keeping the event plaza.

well since i played moon first and didn't like it, I think this time i'll pick ultra sun (plus it sounds cooler lol)

def getting an eevelution just sayin... or some new pokes/alolan forms

This is easily the least excited I've ever been for a mainline Pokemon release (aside from third versions past Crystal). Sun/Moon just felt disappointing. Back when Black 2/White 2 were announced I was excited, but that's because Black/White were really good, refreshing Pokemon games, so I didn't mind more. Pokemon Sun was a bit cumbersome to play, to be honest. Another trip through Alola just isn't very exciting.

I can't say I'm excited about this until I know more... It looks kind of stupid as it is now. Like how different is it? Is it really going to be full priced? I hope they bring back the passerby system while also still keeping the event plaza.

Not a fan of event plaza tbh, I preferred when you just clicked around on the lower screen tbh. And those house and events up there are just... meh.

well since i played moon first and didn't like it, I think this time i'll pick ultra sun (plus it sounds cooler lol)

def getting an eevelution just sayin... or some new pokes/alolan forms

If you mean definitely most likely not getting a new eeveelution then sure

And if one thing, make it adult again. Those stupid pre-set phrases for your in-game profile on sun/moon are just stupid, I preferred when you could actually write something on your own and unique. Wait I forgot Nintendo couldn't keep that in place because people abuse it *rolls eyes*

And when you could keep lists of cool people rather than this dumb VIP system because you can hardly invite people anyways o_o

I hated festival plaza and the stupid VIP system, it doesnt need to be overly complicated, PSS worked fine and was simple.

Also if theres hand holding at the beginning of the game I wont be finishing the first island at all

I hated festival plaza and the stupid VIP system, it doesnt need to be overly complicated, PSS worked fine and was simple.

Also if theres hand holding at the beginning of the game I wont be finishing the first island at all

Yes thank you. And yeah I loved PSS and that bottom screen simplified trading/friends list because you could just access it anywhere basically.

And yep don't you know how times I just want to rip the games to pieces because of that dumb Rotom dex and bumping into the **** NPC's everywhere ._.

anyone else think the random spring of colorful flowers in the game could be caused by necrozma?? i don't think they're just decoration lol

And if one thing, make it adult again. Those stupid pre-set phrases for your in-game profile on sun/moon are just stupid, I preferred when you could actually write something on your own and unique. Wait I forgot Nintendo couldn't keep that in place because people abuse it *rolls eyes*

And when you could keep lists of cool people rather than this dumb VIP system because you can hardly invite people anyways o_o

I agree with you for sure. Why can't you just type yourself? Ban words if they're so worried about children being offended.

As well, add difficulties please. If Pokemon games continue this tutorial feeling, I'll be so sad.

I agree with you for sure. Why can't you just type yourself? Ban words if they're so worried about children being offended.

As well, add difficulties please. If Pokemon games continue this tutorial feeling, I'll be so sad.

Yeah I think they did a few already so yeah. Also stop being so supervising with the GTS. You pretty much need hacks or overly perfect IV/EV Pok?mons if you wanna compete anyways so I don't really care. Rather a hack since everything is so region locked, grah.

Same... stop making it for 3yo's

I feel that Necrozma, since it's kinda based on a dead star (also the Pokedex describes how it absorbs light) may have tried to suck the light out of Solgaleo and Lunala and because of that, some parts of their bodies have begun to darken and decay. I'm just hoping these games are sequels and NOT third version/tweaks just like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum.

I'd be really cool if there are new Ultra Beasts!

Is it weird that watching Steven Universe made me more...accepting towards the concept of pokemon fusions? I remember back in gen 5 (even though I LOVE those games and think they're the best in the series) I was absolutely disgusted by Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, I thought that fusing creatures together was SO tacky and digimon-like and I hated it with all of my being... and now not only I'm ok with Solgaleo and Lunala fusing with Necrozoma, I also kinda wish it was an option for regular pokemon as well...

Tbh It'd already be worth the purchase if they just added a good shiny hunting method and everything else would be a nice bonus.

I wonder what they'll do with these games though and how they will differ from Sun and Moon.

Last edited:
Tbh It'd already worth the purchase if they just added a good shiny hunting method and everything else would be a nice bonus.

I wonder what they'll do with these games though and how they will differ from Sun and Moon.

Yeah that annoying SOS **** is not even fun when you just need fodder for the WT or grinding levels, like bruh I don't care for your "help" pok?mon they are hardly shiny anyways and ..well just delete that crap.

More information needed before I start charging the hype meter.

Yeah that annoying SOS **** is not even fun when you just need fodder for the WT or grinding levels, like bruh I don't care for your "help" pok?mon they are hardly shiny anyways and ..well just delete that crap.

It's funny cause yesterday I was gonna start a Cutiefly chain and at chain 5 I was like ''Y'know what? This sucks, never going to do this ever again''. SO Masuda it is until Ultra SuMo (hopefully).

It's funny cause yesterday I was gonna start a Cutiefly chain and at chain 5 I was like ''Y'know what? This sucks, never going to do this ever again''. SO Masuda it is until Ultra SuMo (hopefully).

Yeah well, I don't really do that one either cause even with Shiny charm the rng is really bad.. I don't know I've just never had luck with it I guess. At least the charm was real bad when they first even introduced it, so yeah.

Wish they'd stop doing their GTS/WT monitoring like it is now though, before you could get loads of nice stuff now it's all a kids' show...

I hope the following at least:

Pokemon that finally follow you around.
More ways to shiny hunt.
Return of the gyms (would be logical if they have a time jump).

Back