Pokémon Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon General Discussion

I was not going to buy this game due to the Sun and Moon demos being painfully easy (I didn't buy those games either) but I heard the Ultra versions are harder and just better than the first ones overall. It's on sale for $30 so I thought, why the heck not. I'm looking forward to it and I spoiled the elite four for myself. loving the loli. X3

Hey, that's great. Have fun with the game, and if you want to train or battle, feel free to add my friend code. I am still figuring out who I want to put on my final team, but I finally finished a Live Dex, so I have plenty of options!

Also, good luck getting through the insane amount of cut scenes. I tried to pay attention for a while, but by the second island I was zoning them out!

Hey, that's great. Have fun with the game, and if you want to train or battle, feel free to add my friend code. I am still figuring out who I want to put on my final team, but I finally finished a Live Dex, so I have plenty of options!

Also, good luck getting through the insane amount of cut scenes. I tried to pay attention for a while, but by the second island I was zoning them out!

Thanks!
They were sold out in store so I ordered it. I gotta wait a week. RIP.
I know for sure I want a Mimikyu on my team and an Eevee of some kind. Maybe either just an Eevee or a Vaporeon.
Who's your team?
Oh god, cutscenes. Maybe they're decently interesting? I heard there were less than in the originals. I'm scared to know how many there were in the first game haha.

I don't know why people are bothered by the cutscenes so much. I get it if you're trying to speedrun the game, but most people aren't.

I don't know why people are bothered by the cutscenes so much. I get it if you're trying to speedrun the game, but most people aren't.

For some people, it just gets really annoying having to wait through them in order to get somewhere or to battle. Most people prefer the speedier versions of the older generations.

EDIT: For people like me playing both US and UM, it gets especially annoying when you have already seen the cutscene before.

Last edited:
There's a special event happening later this month to get a shiny Mimikyu. This is a worldwide event. Basically you have to make a team of 3 "spooky" Pokemon (list of allowed Pokemon is on this page, click the eligible Pokemon button) and battle online. You don't have to win, you just have to participate in at least 3 battles. It's only eligible for Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. Regular Sun/Moon is not eligible.

More details are here, but basically you have to register for the battles (using a Pokemon Global Link account tied to your game) between Thursday, October 18, at 00:00 UTC through Thursday, October 25, 2018, at 23:59 UTC, and then the battles are Friday, October 26, at 00:00 UTC through Sunday, October 28, 2018, at 23:59 UTC.

Edit: Yay, TBT forums goes wonky.

Last edited:
Similar to the Ultra Spooky Cup shiny Mimikyu event that I mentioned last month, this month there's another event Pokemon for participating in online battles. This time you can get a shiny Tapu Lele, something that is shiny locked in the game and therefore you can't get any other way. The event is Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon only again. Registration is November 22-29 and the battle takes place November 30-December 2. Details are on the Pokemon Global Link site.

You only have to participate in 3 battles. It doesn't matter if you win or lose. Don't miss out!

Last edited:
I'll definitely be registering. I love mini-event Pokemon like this. I wonder when the Mimikyu codes will be sent out. Either way, I'm excited for the shiny Tapu Lele!

I'll definitely be registering. I love mini-event Pokemon like this. I wonder when the Mimikyu codes will be sent out. Either way, I'm excited for the shiny Tapu Lele!

The Japanese PGL site says November 13 is when the Mimikyu codes will be released.

Last edited:
Hey uh I heard you can get to capped pikachus again to celebrate Lets go Pikachu and Eevee!
Cant remeber the codes but i will find them soon and post it here if im allowed

Anybody still play?

Nox
My partner plays it whenever we don't have power or internet, which unfortunately happens fairly often.

Last edited:
Anybody still play?

I do occasionally. Mostly for trades, breeding, and pelago in general lol. (,: I want to do another champion title defend before the new year maybe.

Anybody still play?

I still play sometimes to try my hand at The Battle Tree, but haven’t played 7th gen or Pokemon at all recently because I’m trying to finish another game (Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, which I’m almost done with). Once I get bored enough though I’ll probably try and complete the entire Pok?dex considering I have several hundred registered already and there’s still a large amount of time until gen 8 is released.

Well if anyone wants to battle hmu

For those that participated in the November 2018 International Challenge on the Pokemon Global Link, you can now redeem your Shiny Tapu Lele!

I'm super late to this discussion lmaoooo

ANYWAYS I wanted to share my current team on Ultra Moon! I'm just about to battle the second Kahuna person (I think her name is Olivia or smth) and this is my current team:

Brionne (Lv 32)
Hawlucha (Lv 31)
Alolan Ninetales (Lv 29)
Wimpod (Lv 28)
Charjabug (Lv 29)
Salandit (Lv 27, female ofc)

Idk if I'm overleveled at this point but I've been doing some grinding so that I can evolve my Brionne and Wimpod before I go into the next battle. Also I know it's really redundant to have Wimpod on the team since I already have Brionne and Charjabug but I absolutely love Golisopod and I really want to use one on my team!! (I may actually end up replacing Charjabug but idk, the only downside to him is the slow speed but everything else is great so far, plus I like having an electric type on my team)

Last edited:
Back