• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon General Discussion

gonna have a real good time breeding me a perfect own tempo rockruff

gonna have a better time breeding a shiny one

Sun and moon was easy tho so why would it be a bad change :/

I think it's good they're making it a bit harder

Dude no, I had too much trouble with the E4... had to use random other trainer perfect iv/ev stuff to even have a chance lol and since they removed use of level 100s of others in elite four and they obey so.. yeah bad change if they did

Sun and moon was easy tho so why would it be a bad change :/

I think it's good they're making it a bit harder

Sun and Moon was a step up in difficulty to Gen 6, maybe on par with Gen 5. Ultra Sun and Moon can be harder later game if youre not prepared, especially on Poni Island

Sun and Moon was a step up in difficulty to Gen 6, maybe on par with Gen 5. Ultra Sun and Moon can be harder later game if youre not prepared, especially on Poni Island

Noticed lol. Hopefully they can kick up the Bank and running so I can get great stuff lol.

Also 5 was easy whatcha talking about this is hell.

Noticed lol. Hopefully they can kick up the Bank and running so I can get great stuff lol.

Also 5 was easy whatcha talking about this is hell.

Implying any gen without exp share could be a brease...

3 hours in I love maintine surfing!
Lana totem is difficult for me :( my team sucks lol

Implying any gen without exp share could be a brease...

Well at least most gens were not overly hard and adapted so you could beat them without difficulties as long as you spent some time training regardless of early exp. share or not.

I mean this e4 is like perfectly ev/iv trained and unless you do that yourself you are done for.

Yeah, a lot of boss trainers have some strange AI, that makes it a nightmare to deal with them. The Flame Orb trainer on Ula'Ula had an Alakazam that opens up with Trick to stick the Flame Orb on you, so you're consistently burns, and plays a war of attrition with you by spamming Recover. Come to think of it, totem pokemon and trainers have been playing super defensively, and it's gotten nightmarishly annoying.

Been really enjoying Ultra Sun so far. There's people who have been saying that there's no changes until halfway through the game. Are they blind? I have been busy so I haven't gotten to play as much as I hoped so I'm still on the first island. I've been seeing LOTS of changes! Granted, most are pretty small, but it's not like I replayed Sun. I only played through it the one time and I can still see all of these changes. The story itself has had a lot of changes too so far. Again, none major, but it's definitely different.

Wicke is shoving Type Null down my throat so I guess I'll have to soft reset for a shiny before I try for shiny Blacephalon.

On the topic of difficulty, I found Sun and Moon to be incredibly easy, only a little more difficult than X and Y. USUM so far seems to be more difficult than SM, but I think most of that comes down to my team, three dark types is not a good idea lol. The AI has certainly gotten a lot better, but they can't seem to find a way to get psychic types past my Zorua under an illusion lol.

Damn yall making me giddy to get Ultra Sun/Moon now. Hopefully I'll get it this Black Friday (or Cyber Monday). :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah this game has been much more problematic for me than sun and moon, but I'm not sure if it is my team choice or actual higher level trainers.

I've been stuck forever on totem araquanid though because it absorbs everything, heals, and takes out everything in 1 or 2 uses of bubble. There are no trainers left to fight and most of my team is still underlevelled. Might have to grind out a few levels.

edit: was able to take it out with Flyinium Z (I didn't know it was available this early, not the case in original SM) followed by a critical...something. Tough fight though.

Last edited:
How far in the game do you meet the move tutors? I haven’t decided on a team yet and knowing this would help

Yeah this game has been much more problematic for me than sun and moon, but I'm not sure if it is my team choice or actual higher level trainers. I've been stuck forever on totem araquanid though because it absorbs everything, heals, and takes out everything in 1 or 2 uses of bubble. There are no trainers left to fight and most of my team is still underlevelled. Might have to grind out a few levels.

Me every time in regular sun/moon lol, not looking forward to the trials now, might just be wondertrading forever :(

Damn yall making me giddy to get Ultra Sun/Moon now. Hopefully I'll get it this Black Friday (or Cyber Monday). :eek:

Me too! I'm waiting to get it on Friday but I am so impatient! ;o;

I'm really enjoying Ultra Moon I traded some pokemon from Pokemon Sun to Ultra Moon to help me out.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I chose Ultra Moon this time because I have Pokemon Sun and fancied a change to my adventure.

Last edited:
Ultra Sun and Moon's release has only motivated me to try to finish Moon's main story. Except I don't like my team. I am not sure which Pok?mon to use though. I like Rowlet's evolution and Vikavolt, but the rest are kind of meh and I keep changing them.

How far in the game do you meet the move tutors? I haven’t decided on a team yet and knowing this would help

The first one you can access when you get to Route 2 on Melemele. It doesn't have all of the move tutor moves there, just some of them. It requires BP to pay for the moves though, so you can't use them that early unless you get BP from Bank.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wicke is shoving Type Null down my throat so I guess I'll have to soft reset for a shiny before I try for shiny Blacephalon.

Somebody on Reddit noticed that if you have a full team and full boxes, you are not forced to pick up Type Null and can do so later. So if you have Bank and can bring in a whole bunch of Pokemon to fill your boxes, you can force a later pickup.

[...] so you can't use them that early unless you get BP from Bank. [...] So if you have Bank and can bring in a whole bunch of Pokemon to fill your boxes [...]

Wait a minute, did I miss something? Has the Pok?mon Bank been updated to work with USUM yet?

Back