Pokémon Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon General Discussion

I was just watching some dicky YouTube video that popped up in my suggestions because I was bored, which I honestly just rolled my eyes at, with mentions of words such as "Rainbow Rocket" how can you not laugh... But literally just now Serebii has posted download cards for the games which show battle screens with Team Rocket members with a rainbow background, also a pic of Team Rocket HQ next to Decidueye...

DM5EgWQWkAEtHkR.jpg
DM5EgXrWsAASIbD.jpg

This is the source for the leaks I just read over (not sure if there's more). Apparently they originate from the Riddles Leaks from Sun and Moon (if you don't know what they were they were basically the next set of reliable leaks after the Chinese ones), except this time he's gone into hiding and has given his leaks to friends/randoms to post rather than doing it directly himself. I also believe there's another leak from Riddle saying UB Adhesive has an alternate form/evolution.

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/33787032/more-usum-leaks

Honestly I haven't really been following leaks for this game so not sure if there's anything else worth mentioning, just thought I'd bring it up.

Leaks have been very inconsistent with these games. But i did see Team Rocket bring in the games as one.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually the battle facility in Festival Plaza lines up with what GF revealed in an interview, revealing there is a new battle feature in the Plaza. I'll try and find the interview.

Honestly I'm probably going to end up going into this blind. I'm not too keen on keeping up with all the latest leaks and information but I'm a huge Pokemon fan so I'll probably end up buying this once December hits. Can't wait!

Kinda surprised no one is discussing the new trailers that popped up yesterday. There's a lot of interesting stuff that was officially revealed (some of it was mentioned in leaks) in them.

I recommend watching the 5 minute long Japanese one, as you can see more.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Kinda surprised no one is discussing the new trailers that popped up yesterday. There's a lot of interesting stuff that was officially revealed (some of it was mentioned in leaks) in them.

I recommend watching the 5 minute long Japanese one, as you can see more.

I recently saw a video showing them bringing back cool legendaries and bad guy organizations. It is really the only thing I have seen so far that makes me consider buying this game since Moon was boring to me. I never beat its main story because all the totem challenges were pretty similar and easy so I lost interest.

Game has started leaking. Do not open unless you want to be spoiled

3Fz3S7H.png
RUfDvSW.png
yq4JS9y.png
gm65d8T.png
1510122544293.png

From what I can understand, the "bat" is Ultra Necrozma (aka the shiny white Pokemon on the box art), the cat looking thing is a new mythical pokemon, and the purple Bat is UB Adhesive's evolution

Little additions I picked up:
- There is a trainer named Ash in the game (possibly related to the Rainbow Rocket stuff)
- You can get a surfing Pikachu from the Mantine Surf mini game
- No new Alola Formes
- The Alola Dex is the same as Sun and Moon + Ekans family, Seel family, Lickitung family, Mr. Mime family, Jynx family, Omanyte family, Kabuto family, Hoothoot family, Natu family, Pineco family, Dunsparce family, Heracross family, Aipom family, Remoraid family, Lileep family, Anorith family +
new UB's/legends
- There seems to be no mention of a National Dex
- Lillie can be a Battle Tree partner
- Mimikyu's Z-move is called "Lets Snuggle Forever" is 190 BP and physical
- Hala, Molayne, Olivia, Acerola and Kahili all seem to be involved in the E4. Hau takes Kukui's spot after you become champion
- Adhesive is named Poipole (and is a gift Pokemon)
- Poipole evolves into Naganadel when levelled up knowing the move Dragon Pulse, becomes Poison/Dragon, apparently a fast special attacker
- Assembly is named Stakataka
- Burst is named Blacephalon
- Zeraora is the new mythical cat Pokemon. 600 BST, electric type, fast, physical attacker
- Ultra/Light Necrozma is said to be more powerful than Mega Rayquaza
- New move: Plasma Fists - The user attacks with electrically charged fists. This move changes Normal-type moves to Electric-type moves
- New ability: Neuroforce - Powers up moves that are super effective
- New Z-Crystals are: Solganium Z, Lunalium Z, Ultranecrozium Z, Mimikium Z, Lycanium Z, and Kommonium Z
- Team Rainbow Rockets goal is to build an army of UB's, but they need the help of the Aether Foundation and the technology of other worlds
- Colress makes the machine that allows Necrozma to fuse with Solgaleo/Lunala, its called the
Colress Machine No. 1198 (Sun)/1199 (Moon), dubbed the N-Solarizer (Sun) and Z-Lunarizer (Moon)
- Move Tutor allows for 60+ moves
- Marowak, Araquanid, Togedemaru, Ribombee are the new totems
- Necrozma's Ultra Necrozma forme has Attack & Special Attack stats that place it in the top 10 for BOTH. Total BST is above Arceus. Psychic/Dragon type
- Seems most Ultra Space encounters aren't shiny locked

Game has started leaking. Do not open unless you want to be spoiled

3Fz3S7H.png
RUfDvSW.png
yq4JS9y.png
gm65d8T.png
1510122544293.png

From what I can understand, the "bat" is Ultra Necrozma (aka the shiny white Pokemon on the box art), the cat looking thing is a new mythical pokemon, and the purple Bat is UB Adhesive's evolution

Little additions I picked up:
- There is a trainer named Ash in the game (possibly related to the Rainbow Rocket stuff)
- You can get a surfing Pikachu from the Mantine Surf mini game
- No new Alola Formes
- The Alola Dex is the same as Sun and Moon + Ekans family, Seel family, Lickitung family, Mr. Mime family, Jynx family, Omanyte family, Kabuto family, Hoothoot family, Natu family, Pineco family, Dunsparce family, Heracross family, Aipom family, Remoraid family, Lileep family, Anorith family +
new UB's/legends
- There seems to be no mention of a National Dex
- Lillie can be a Battle Tree partner
- Mimikyu's Z-move is called "Lets Snuggle Forever" is 190 BP and physical
- Hala, Molayne, Olivia, Acerola and Kahili all seem to be involved in the E4. Hau takes Kukui's spot after you become champion
- Adhesive is named Poipole (and is a gift Pokemon)
- Poipole evolves into Naganadel when levelled up knowing the move Dragon Pulse, becomes Poison/Dragon, apparently a fast special attacker
- Assembly is named Stakataka
- Burst is named Blacephalon
- Zeraora is the new mythical cat Pokemon. 600 BST, electric type, fast, physical attacker
- Ultra/Light Necrozma is said to be more powerful than Mega Rayquaza
- New move: Plasma Fists - The user attacks with electrically charged fists. This move changes Normal-type moves to Electric-type moves
- New ability: Neuroforce - Powers up moves that are super effective
- New Z-Crystals are: Solganium Z, Lunalium Z, Ultranecrozium Z, Mimikium Z, Lycanium Z, and Kommonium Z
- Team Rainbow Rockets goal is to build an army of UB's, but they need the help of the Aether Foundation and the technology of other worlds
- Colress makes the machine that allows Necrozma to fuse with Solgaleo/Lunala, its called the
Colress Machine No. 1198 (Sun)/1199 (Moon), dubbed the N-Solarizer (Sun) and Z-Lunarizer (Moon)
- Move Tutor allows for 60+ moves
- Marowak, Araquanid, Togedemaru, Ribombee are the new totems
- Necrozma's Ultra Necrozma forme has Attack & Special Attack stats that place it in the top 10 for BOTH. Total BST is above Arceus. Psychic/Dragon type
- Seems most Ultra Space encounters aren't shiny locked

all of that is cool, and the new mythical is sick etc etc but all I wanted really was more alolan forms

all of that is cool, and the new mythical is sick etc etc but all I wanted really was more alolan forms
agree. Very disappointin

Aaaannnd Zeraora is already one of my favorite Pokemon. Even if I already saw people who said
that it looks like one of those "typical Pokemon for the furry community", I don't care. I love the
design, this electric cat gets definitely a spot in my team.

About Poipole: While I really like Poipole, I'm not a fan of Naganadel at all. I didn't even knew
that UBs can evolve? I don't know, I saw the in-game sprite of Naganadel on YouTube and I
really don't like it. Maybe I will change my opinion later.

The rest of the leaks sounds pretty interesting. I will look forward for more informations.
i agree about Zera, it just looks like fan service to the furry community/people who love lucario/zoroark.
As for UB's evolving, they're just Pokemon from a different dimension so makes sense they'd be able to evolve

ohhh nooo I haven't been following news for these games at all lately and now i see team rocket.. they're really pulling out all the stops to try to make me buy this

I‘m really digging Naganadel‘s design, because it looks a bit like a dragon-type Mega Beedrill. But my favourite of the new ones is definitely Dusk Lycanroc~ I never managed to pick a favourite Lycanroc form because I like them both - and now I don‘t have to, haha.

The only thing bugging me about USUM so far is the lack of following Pok?mon - despite the fact that all the walking/running animations were already in Sun and Moon‘s code. The overworld Pok?mon you can interact with (and that occassionally follow you within a *very* limited area) throughout the game just rub salt in the wound, imo </3

Last edited:
@Cheshire

There are new models for the new pokemon (and pokemon forms) of them running and walking (UB: Burst remains terrifying as ever)

Also, the soundtrack was put up on youtube :3 (Listen to the Ultra Ruins music! Then listen to it backwards, once you do this I can almost gurantee you 3 of the ultra beast will creep you out, or at least make you ask some questions about the Ruins)

Last edited:
Im actually kinda disappointed in the Move Tutor moves, but Defog and Liquidation made me pleased. I wonder if they'll give Liquidation to Azumarill...

Last edited:
@Flare

I haven't used Azumarill since pokemon emerald :p My team in Ultra Moon will be this
Lopunny, Lucario, Minior (purple), Dunsparce, Furfrou, and Salazzle. Fighting Necrozmas new you know what is going to be hell with this team ?ω?

My main team in Ultra Sun will be a set of Eeveelutions. I've always wanted to do a full Eevee team in a game, just never have. :)

thank goodness they made it available as a "secret" to change the gyro/motion controller to circle pad for the wormhole thing.. worst thing to ever be used on a 3ds, and i've played some games with in, ended badly

From serebii...

“The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed confirmation of a new distribution. Back in September, we reported of a new Pok?mon Scrap style event where you'd get Mythical Pok?mon. CoroCoro confirms that the Mythical Pok?mon Manaphy, Meloetta and Hoopa are to be distributed. To get these, from December 1st, you need to collect codes from various merchandise. 1 for Manaphy, 7 for Meloetta and 16 for Hoopa which lets you get a serial code to unlock the Pok?mon in Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. It's currently unclear whether they'll have any special features . We'll bring more as it comes.”

This doesn’t surprise me but it’s disappointing. I’m an adult and I could purchase the extra items if I wanted to, but I won’t, on principle. And what about kids? They have to be denied because their parents won’t feed Nintendo more money? It’s like pay-to-play, (beginning back with the amiibos) and I don’t like it. I know it’s probably a silly thing to get whipped-up about but it really rubs me the wrong way... >_>

Where does everyone get their USUM news from? I usually check-up on serebii from time to time.

Last edited:
Back