• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon General Discussion

For those who haven't done a certain post-game sidequest yet:

When you do the Team Rainbow Rocket sidequest, I highly suggest using a Pokemon with Happy Hour (you can get one with the current event Rockruff) and putting Amulet Coin on it. You'll want to use Roto Prize Money and the Pokemon with Happy Hour/Amulet Coin for each of the previous games' team bosses to get over 200k money for each boss. Between that and the 55 big nuggets Wicke gives you at the end, you'll end up with about 3 million in money at the end. It'll help buy a lot of those expensive clothes in the Melemele mall clothes shop!
Aww wish I did that *puffs out mouth in childish maner*

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ooooh... so they’re trapped in their generation of games, just like Spiky-eared Pichu and Cosplay Pikachu. Well, that‘s disappointing. I just assumed they wouldn‘t do that again, since even the different Hat Pikachu are transferable to the bank. But thanks for the answer, though :)
Something interesting to note ( which I may have said somewhere else..) is using a hacking engine to send cosplay Pikachu from oras to Viii turns them into a cap Pikachu, with a cap for each respective cosplay.

How I know this is using that homebrew hacking engine I no longer suck the life outta my 3ds games and copy my pokes then send the pokes to my currents ;)

Last edited:
Well I beat the main story yesterday and I found a checklist online of a lot of Post game stuff to do after beating the game.

The list is here for anyone who is interested.

http://pokemonpostgame.com/src/PKMNPostGame.Web/usum_checklist.html

I think I already completed a few of these things. I don't remember. But it will probably take me months to finish but determination and it looks like a fun challenge.

I've made it to the Vast Poni Canyon now!

I can't reiterate enough how much I am enjoying this game and how I pleased am I with the improvements! I'm at a boiling point in the main story so I'm excited to see how this goes.

My team as of now is:

Lathyrus the Decidueye - Male, Level 50

Iris the Goodra - Female, Level 51

Florey the Ribombee - Female, Level 51

Stargazer the Toxapex - Female, Level 50

Loopine the Toucannon - Male, Level 50 (Nickname is a play on fruit loops and the lupine flower)

Poppy the Raichu, Female, Level 51

I no longer have Perri the Araquanid or Florey the Floette unfortunately.

Last edited:
Loopine the Toucannon - Male, Level 50 (Nickname is a play on fruit loops and the lupine flower)

LOL my Toucannon's nickname is Fruit Loops lol

Anywho, I never thought to post who was on my team. I finished the game and now I'm doing the post game activities on that list I previously posted here.

Here is my team

Show Queen (Primarina Female Lv 77)

Gypsum (Palossand Female Lv 71)

Legend (Solgaleo Genderless Lv 74)

Knuckles (Passimian Male Lv 71)

Demonic Wolf (Lycanroc *Dusk Form* Male Lv 73)

Fruit Loops (Toucannon Male Lv 75)

My team basically stayed the same thoughout the game. Of course I didn't have Legend on my team until after I beat the E4. Before Legend was on my team, I had Storm Cloud, a female Togedemaru. Never in any Pokemon do I ever use a Legendary to fight the Elite 4. It makes the game too easy.

I'm about to start my Eevee Breeding in game. I'm going to breed my female Eevee I got from the Daycare with the Ditto I managed to catch so I can get every evolution of Eevee.

I'm going to restart my game before I go any further into the story.

As a person who hates being messy I find myself in a messy predicament, haha. I didn't really plan ahead and it worked/didn't work in some ways. ugh

Last edited:

As a person who hates being messy I find myself in a messy predicament, haha. I didn't really plan ahead and it worked/didn't work in some ways. ugh

What happened? What predicament did you find yourself in?

It doesn't take one to realise what's causing you to restart :p

Anybody like the new Alola Photo Club? I hardly used it in Pokemon Ultra Moon, but I'm starting to use it in Ultra Sun more.

Anybody like the new Alola Photo Club? I hardly used it in Pokemon Ultra Moon, but I'm starting to use it in Ultra Sun more.

grumpy-cat-no-memes_5.jpg

... sorry, I couldn't resist, haha. The Alola Photo Club just feels so static and forced.

Last edited:
I actually love it and I hope it comes into ac-switch as a new ( and upgraded from this game ) feature! Especially if we get to do a in-game journal and attach photos!

I actually love it and I hope it comes into ac-switch as a new ( and upgraded from this game ) feature! Especially if we get to do a in-game journal and attach photos!

I hope so to.

Here's one photo I took:

attachment.php

I even changed my blog description to include this picture.

Currently training McFlurry, my Alolan Ninetales. It currently has:

Ability: Snow Warning
Nature: Modest
Item: Icy Rock
6 perfect IVs

Moves:

- Blizzard (8 PP)
- Freeze-Dry (32 PP)
- Aurora Veil (32 PP)
- Moonblast (24 PP)

EV Builds:

- 252 Special Attack
- 252 Speed
- 6 HP

What do you think?

Last edited:

6 perfect IVs

Moves:

- Blizzard (8 PP)
- Freeze-Dry (32 PP)
- Aurora Veil (32 PP)
- Moonblast (24 PP)

EV Builds:

- 252 Special Attack
- 252 Speed
- 6 HP

What do you think?

My only issue is that the move pool isnt very diverse and oriented around ice type moves. There are weaknesses you cant cover yourself but a move like Psychic could alleviate Ninetales' weakness to poison types.

Otherwise, a good build.

6 perfect IVs

Moves:

- Blizzard (8 PP)
- Freeze-Dry (32 PP)
- Aurora Veil (32 PP)
- Moonblast (24 PP)

EV Builds:

- 252 Special Attack
- 252 Speed
- 6 HP

What do you think?

That name is lit af xDDD

My only issue is that the move pool isnt very diverse and oriented around ice type moves. There are weaknesses you cant cover yourself but a move like Psychic could alleviate Ninetales' weakness to poison types.

Otherwise, a good build.

People tend to say that Glaceon is worse due to its small movepool, its ice typing, its abilities, and its speed, but it at least can learn more moves outside the ice type (including Water Pulse, which is good against Ground types and two types Ice is weak to). And in double battles, it's a killer. I gave mine Quick Claw as a negative result of its speed stat.

If you want to train Glaceon, the number one mistake you must avoid doing is reading GameFAQs forums.

I'm currently doing the battle tree in Pokemon Ultra Sun. I'm shocked that the Normal Course allows Level 100 Pokemon now, instead of adjusting the level. I'm used to a hard challenge now, but I didn't see this coming.

I was playing this game. But I can't because I don't wanna leave my Animal Crossing friends for one day...

I hope so to.

Here's one photo I took:

attachment.php

I even changed my blog description to include this picture.
lovely photo! Alot of my photos are kwaii LSD / acid trips sticker wise and yet your trainer with your prized glacion looks so wonderful!

- - - Post Merge - - -

6 perfect IVs

Moves:

- Blizzard (8 PP)
- Freeze-Dry (32 PP)
- Aurora Veil (32 PP)
- Moonblast (24 PP)

EV Builds:

- 252 Special Attack
- 252 Speed
- 6 HP

What do you think?
Didn't know glacion could learn. Snow warning __ oh wait lol thought that was glacion not Ninetales...
now I feel a lil bad for hacking my pokes stats to that strength~

Okay

So I'm still in Ula'Ula Island in Ultra Sun (haven't beaten it yet, LOL), and my team at the moment is Incineroar, Decidueye, Primarina, Noibat, Forretress, and Lycanrock Dusk Form. Does anyone know of any improvements I could make by switching Pok?mon out before moving much further ahead? You know, for the Elite Four and Champion. I was using Celebi before Forretress, but I don't want to use a Mythical or Legendary now

Last edited:
I was not going to buy this game due to the Sun and Moon demos being painfully easy (I didn't buy those games either) but I heard the Ultra versions are harder and just better than the first ones overall. It's on sale for $30 so I thought, why the heck not. I'm looking forward to it and I spoiled the elite four for myself. loving the loli. X3

Back