• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon General Discussion

usumposter.jpg

Official promotional art for USUM spotted around many stores in Japan.

Yeahh I'm gonna wait for more gameplay/mechanics before I even think of (pre)-ordering either. If they are gonna be as handholding and overly kidfriendly I can just keep my ol' Sun lol.

USUM Trailer!

Mina has a trial in this game, by the looks of it on Poni Island.
Acerola and Hokulani Observatory seem to have some contribution to Island Trials
Hala is confirmed to still be a Kahuna, probably on Melemele Island.
Mallow is also still a trial captain. The totem Pokemon is also still Lurantis though the trial looks different.
Alolan Marowak is a Totem Pokemon in these games.
Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma share Solgaleo and Lunala's typing, being Psychic/Steel and Psychic/Ghost.
Mantine is a new Pokeride that can be used to travel between Islands. You can perform tricks on waves with Mantine and score points.
Hau is still your rival and Lillie is in her "Z transformation" outfit from Sun and Moon. Also seems to be a rival.
The Alola Dex has over 400 Pokemon.

Last edited:
The surfing could be fun. It's surfing between islands and I theorize that maybe mirage islands return?

I'm really hyped for US and UM, whilst I'm yet to finish playing Moon, I'll probably end up getting it soon after it comes out <3 I'll probably wait for more of the gameplay mechanics to be revealed before I buy it but the surfing looks interesting!

who is getting or has pokemon gold/silver gameboy on 3ds?

- - - Post Merge - - -

you can buy them on nintendo eshop

- - - Post Merge - - -

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
Pokemon Gold and Silver Gameboy games for 3ds
Pokeball 2DSXL

= more money for nintendo

- - - Post Merge - - -

I do like pokemon thought I always have and always will. :)

From what I understand, you use Mantine to surf to other islands, and whilst you travel there, instead of it just being a linear journey in the other games where you get to traces through the sea, the "journey" is the mini game, so when you complete the mini game, you'll be at the island.

I could be totally wrong, but from what I've read and understand, that's the impression I got.

Oh I will definitely be getting Ultra Sun, as I play Moon now (mostly just to breed Shiny Pokemon). I love Pokemon dearly, so I'd be getting the new games no matter what they were~ I haven't been disappointed by a game yet, though I've only played Alpha Sapphire and Moon. I just love the concept of training up adorable looking monsters! All the mechanics are fun to me mostly, and the story is starting to look very interesting in Utra Sun/Moon. I mean, in this one, it seems Lillie will be a trainer judging by the new poster (she is holding a Pokeball) and that to me indicates there might be some other big changes to the story. I'm really interested to know what they are!

Oh I will definitely be getting Ultra Sun, as I play Moon now (mostly just to breed Shiny Pokemon). I love Pokemon dearly, so I'd be getting the new games no matter what they were~ I haven't been disappointed by a game yet, though I've only played Alpha Sapphire and Moon. I just love the concept of training up adorable looking monsters! All the mechanics are fun to me mostly, and the story is starting to look very interesting in Utra Sun/Moon. I mean, in this one, it seems Lillie will be a trainer judging by the new poster (she is holding a Pokeball) and that to me indicates there might be some other big changes to the story. I'm really interested to know what they are!

You should go back and play HG/SS and Black and white / bw2 and then compare :p

Holy **** I'm shook

Story trailer for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. In Japanese, but it looks AMAZING!!!

Last edited:
English trailer released today!

The ability to travel to many world through the Ultra Wormhole has been revealed!

Along with this, we have UB Burst and Assembly's typing's, being Fire/Ghost and Rock/Steel respectively. UB Burst has a new move called Mind Blown. Its typin is unknown.

A new Ultre Beast is revealed called UB Adhesive! Its a Poison type!

The mysterious team now has a name. They are known as the Ultra Recon Squad that are based in an area in Ultra Space called Ultra Metropolis. There are 4 main leaders by the looks of it, being version exclusives where 2 appear in US and the other 2 appear in UM. They seem like antagonists but its still unclear.

People were salty about USUM's reveal and how the game didn't seem intersting, but the last 2 trailers have shown the true mysteries behind the games!

I hope Lusamine is a supporting character along with Mohn in this game.

I hope Lusamine is a supporting character along with Mohn in this game.

I was reading the translations of the Japanese trailer, and Lusamine supposidly says:

You must escape... That thing... it's a monster!

Sounds like she definitely is talking on a different role in the games. And with the introduction of Ultra Megalopolis, maybe Mohn has something to do with it...

I don't really get what the game is supposed to be. I don't plan on picking it up myself.

Back