• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon General Discussion

I was reading the translations of the Japanese trailer, and Lusamine supposidly says:

Sounds like she definitely is talking on a different role in the games. And with the introduction of Ultra Megalopolis, maybe Mohn has something to do with it...

[spoiler="Potential story spoilers in the game, *cough* even though you should have played the prequels beforehand because spoilers are going to be in the sequels when referencing things *cough*.] Oh that's great, I'm excited to see the different side to Lusamine then! She was one of my favourite characters in Sun and Moon/the entire franchise because she clearly had potential as both a good and "bad" character. Air quotes on "bad" because she was infected by a parasite from Ultra Space/Nihilego which resulted in her going insane when she tried to find her husband which resulted in her neglecting her children which is tragic because she couldn't find him and he couldn't remember them...but ummm.......yeah, excited for Lusamine, Lillie, Mohn and Gladion storylines.[/spoiler]

heheh :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh that's great, I'm excited to see the different side to Lusamine then! She was one of my favourite characters in Sun and Moon/the entire franchise because she clearly had potential as both a good and "bad" character. Air quotes on "bad" because she was infected by a parasite from Ultra Space/Nihilego which resulted in her going insane when she tried to find her husband which resulted in her neglecting her children which is tragic because she couldn't find him and he couldn't remember them...but ummm.......yeah, excited for Lusamine, Lillie, Mohn and Gladion storylines.
Maybe Don't spoil a whole game without putting it in Spoilers?
Cool! Looks like usum will Not be a resell

Maybe Don't spoil a whole game without putting it in Spoilers?
Cool! Looks like usum will Not be a resell

I didn't spoil the whole game though and besides if you click on the thread of a sequel to an already established game then you should be prepared for it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

UB BLAST IS A GAY ICON OMG

Literally. :D

I'm starting to get more interested and pumped about these games, now that I see there's some differences. Still on the fence about buying it, looking to see if there's anything else new about the islands themselves and not just the UB.

Also what the heck is with these minigames?

New Trailer!

Both Necrozma forms have a Z Move. Corocoro also implied that Solgaleo and Lunala have access to them too. Their types have been officially revealed being the same. Both abilities are Prism Armor and both have a new move called Photon Geysey. Rotomdex is also the new Mr Bonding

- - - Post Merge - - -

New Trailer!

Both Necrozma forms have a Z Move. Corocoro also implied that Solgaleo and Lunala have access to them too. Their types have been officially revealed being the same. Both abilities are Prism Armor and both have a new move called Photon Geysey. Rotomdex is also the new Mr Bonding

So now that we were shown gameplay and trailers for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon....to the people who said it was going to be another re-release of Sun and Moon with JUST the added new fusion Pokemon. Let me take a moment....*ahem*

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ya'll think you're 1 step ahead of Nintendo and you actually believed Pokemon Ultra Sun &
Pokemon Ultra Moon was going to be exactly the same but with 2 or 3 new added fusion pokemon?! That is very foolish of you if you seriously thought that this was nothing more than a re-release with enhanced HD or whatever.
I'm not teasing or trying to belittle anyone's opinions, but come on, none of us had NO IDEA what was to come.
I knew Nintendo was going to surprise us with something freaking amazing and that's why all of the complainers and negative nelly's really annoyed me.

Last edited:
So now that we were shown gameplay and trailers for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon....to the people who said it was going to be another re-release of Sun and Moon with JUST the added new fusion Pokemon. Let me take a moment....*ahem*

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ya'll think you're 1 step ahead of Nintendo and you actually believed Pokemon Ultra Sun &
Pokemon Ultra Moon was going to be exactly the same but with 2 or 3 new added fusion pokemon?! That is very foolish of you if you seriously thought that this was nothing more than a re-release with enhanced HD or whatever.
I'm not teasing or trying to belittle anyone's opinions, but come on, none of us had NO IDEA what was to come.
I knew Nintendo was going to surprise us with something freaking amazing and that's why all of the complainers and negative nelly's really annoyed me.

People only thought that because the Pokemon Company was being extremely hush on the games and did not say anything until the 18th Augus where they dropped the first trailer since the games reveal which was in JUNE. Even then, the only significant thing revealed in the 2 trailers released was Dusk Lycanroc and Kommo-o's Z move where the former was revealed a day prior.

The real information dropped last week with the story trailer in Japanese. THAT is what got people hyped. They were being extremely quiet but since we're little over a month away from release, theyre talking now and we'll be getting trailers at least once every 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm really excited about the new Rotom Dex stuff. I never played Gen 6, but I heard about the O-Powers. The new Rotom Dex feature sounds like O-Powers essentially.

Last edited:
I stopped watching the trailer because I do not want any more spoilers. I want to play the game not knowing what will happen, I want the game to hit me with surprises!

The story trailer that was released in Japanese a few weeks ago has been released in English!

Also, some details were revealed in an interview such as the game being twice as long as Sun and Moon, encountering Legendary Pokemon through the Ultra Wormhole and more

https://serebii.net/

EDIT: Found the interview with the info!

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/10/1...ferent-main-story-with-other-worlds-to-visit/

Twice as long as S&M better not mean "uber expanded tutorial".

They say that there's a new episode after the Hall of Fame, which worries me. I want a continuing post-game with a Frontier, not a one-off episode.

Feels like the Famitsu interview should stop a lot of the whining about USUM (not here; people are whining about it elsewhere on the internet). Except wait. This is the internet. People will never stop whining. Nevermind. :p

Seriously, it sounds like they're doing a TON with USUM. I think pretty much the only major thing they could screw up at this point that would get a lot of backlash is if they don't have a good battle facility (better than the Battle Tree) in it.

Idrm about all this extra stuff, I just don't want it to be so hand holdy on the first island

I didn't spoil the whole game though and besides if you click on the thread of a sequel to an already established game then you should be prepared for it.
But usum aren't sequels their emerald / platinum games but ( appearently ) so much more

Idrm about all this extra stuff, I just don't want it to be so hand holdy on the first island

Honestly, I don't really see that part changing. I bet the first half of the game will be more or less the same (probably different island challenges and throwing in random extra stuff like the photo club), but then the whole second half will be really different and possibly longer than it was in Sun/Moon.

Now that I think about it, Melemele Island was a bit too small for my liking. Akala and Ula'ula was great..but the rest of the game felt pretty rushed and incomplete. Too much desolate land and not enough cities, towns, or villages.

Back