• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon General Discussion

I should have my game in approximately 10-ish hours from now, since that's about the timeframe that the postal lady visits my neighborhood.

Unsure who I'm choosing as a starter, but ultimately it doesn't matter since I bred myself up a team and will trade it in at the first Poke Center.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I preordered both Steelbook editions months ago on Amazon (I didn‘t want the Dual Edition because it‘s only one Steelbook instead of two... :C ), but the tracking number reveals that they won‘t be here until tomorrow, or even Monday. Amazon has become worse and worse each year. They used to send out preorders early so they arrive on time. I remember back when I preordered Platinum, it arrived one day late (something that otherwise NEVER happened) and they sent me a 5$ coupon as an apology, even though I didn‘t complain. Now, everything arrives late because it‘s sent out on release day or the night before, and the only thing you‘ll get is a snide remark about not paying extra for their express delivery - ON A PREORDER. I’ve already played UM so it doesn’t bother me too much in this case, but I’m still done with Amazon and will take my business elsewhere in the future. Sorry for the rant, have fun playing, guys.

Are you a Prime member? If you are and complain to their customer service department, they will probably give you some sort of partial refund. They typically do.

If you're not Prime... well, unfortunately, Amazon is starting to treat non-Prime members as second-class citizens. They won't do as much for you.

Just bought Ultra Moon. Won't be able to play it for another 9 hours because I'm at work. Hopefully I'll be able to play the **** out of it and not get bored once I beat the E4 like I did with Moon. Usually the third versions have more promise for me so here's hoping!

I trust you on this, might just go cave in for the game soooon (tm)

Are you a Prime member? If you are and complain to their customer service department, they will probably give you some sort of partial refund. They typically do.

If you're not Prime... well, unfortunately, Amazon is starting to treat non-Prime members as second-class citizens. They won't do as much for you.
My Prime membership is still active until the end of the year, although I've already cancelled it after every single preorder this year arrived late. I actually did not know they offer partial refunds when you complain to them (I never tried), but I'd rather have my games on time and save myself the hassle, anyway. It's somewhat sad that they don't seem to want people's money anymore, especially when said people have been their customers (and Prime members) for almost a decade.

Oh well. Can't wait to add the Steelbooks to my collection :)

Yay my Pok?mon Ultra Moon game came!

It also came with a free Rowlet Figure
It must of been fait so I choose Rowlet in the game lol

After long thinking, I decided not to buy/play USUM. To be honest, I lost my hype to these games
in the past days completely. At first, I was actually really interested in USUM and I planned to get
UM. However, the more days passed, the more the games became not important for me anymore. I
didn't really enjoyed Sun, even had to torture me through the games as I lost my motivation to still
play it back then. I have the fear that this will happen again when I play USUM. Sure, there is some
new stuff, however, these are not worth it for me to pay so much money again. Not sure, if I will give
the games a chance in the future, but for now, I will pass.

Yeah, this is the case with me as well. I'm not even done with Moon yet and lost motivation to keep playing it. I do appreciate it doing something different, but I'm seriously over the gym thing and not enough variety with new gens. I blame Unova spoiling me with so many different kinds of Pokemon. Gen 6 & 7 are cool but I'm really bummed about the large amounts of spots going to either Kanto Pokemon or Megas. It kind of takes away the feeling of being in a new region for me. It doesn't help that Pokemon in general feels way to repetitive to keep interest with the games unfortunately. That's just me, though.

I might consider playing USUM if it ends up being very different from SM. Otherwise, it'll feel like a waste of money. I hate to say it but I feel like I've outgrown the games. I do hope whatever Game Freak is doing with the Switch game will really mix things up.

I'll stick to the merchandise and manga. :p

Yeah, this is the case with me as well. I'm not even done with Moon yet and lost motivation to keep playing it. I do appreciate it doing something different, but I'm seriously over the gym thing and not enough variety with new gens. I blame Unova spoiling me with so many different kinds of Pokemon. Gen 6 & 7 are cool but I'm really bummed about the large amounts of spots going to either Kanto Pokemon or Megas. It kind of takes away the feeling of being in a new region for me. It doesn't help that Pokemon in general feels way to repetitive to keep interest with the games unfortunately. That's just me, though.

I might consider playing USUM if it ends up being very different from SM. Otherwise, it'll feel like a waste of money. I hate to say it but I feel like I've outgrown the games. I do hope whatever Game Freak is doing with the Switch game will really mix things up.

I'll stick to the merchandise and manga. :p

Yep, I got Sun and Moon when they first came out. I'm finished the main storyline in Sun but I still haven't caught all the ultra beasts and such because I found I just didn't care. I only got part way through Moon before losing interest. They were kinda disappointing for me in general. I loved XY and I'm sad there was never a Z or whatever to go with them.

I know they wanted a fresh new feel to SM but it ended up not really feeling like Pokemon to me. I don't like the ultra beasts, the mega evolutions and z-moves, and I didn't really feel the story overall. I haven't got USUM and I don't really know if I want to. I'll keep an eye on the reviews and what people say about it, it just feels like they wanted to make more money without really making a new game.

So far, I think Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are better than their 2016 counterparts. But it’s almost like the same game.

I’m playing outside my comfort zone though. I have more Flying Pokemon and Bug Pokemon on my team, two types I don’t usually use.

My starter pokemon turned out to be a Shiny Rowlet!

:D

- - - Post Merge - - -

my first shiny yay! XD

No it didn't take me that long to realise!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I knew before I posted

No it didn't take me that long to realise!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I knew before I posted

Well I mean you posted saying you picked Rowley yesterday so like that's a good gap ��

- - - Post Merge - - -

Like over 12 hours, congrats I guess though lmao

GOD BLESS THEY CHANGED THE STARTER HAT TO SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL.

Like seriously, this is probably the only starter hat and hair I ever liked. What was with that ugly rubber glove in sun/moon >_>

GOD BLESS THEY CHANGED THE STARTER HAT TO SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL.

Like seriously, this is probably the only starter hat and hair I ever liked. What was with that ugly rubber glove in sun/moon >_>

Honestly! Moon/Selene's hat was seriously the ugliest thing they could have ever come up with. Her design is adorable but the hat ruined it.

My boyfriend's been playing Ultra Sun and I'm kinda digging the new trainer battle theme! It sounds so much better! It's def a bop for me, lol.

Honestly! Moon/Selene's hat was seriously the ugliest thing they could have ever come up with. Her design is adorable but the hat ruined it.

My boyfriend's been playing Ultra Sun and I'm kinda digging the new trainer battle theme! It sounds so much better! It's def a bop for me, lol.

Yeah, why make a cow udder hat on a nice player character i wonder smfh lol

and yeah booted the game up a bit earlier, lookin nice so far =D

Playing through with what I can muster, through Ultra Sun.

Is it me, or have the Boss trainers gotten a great deal more formidable? Ya Boi nearly wiped me out, in the first fight, which was something that didn't happen in Moon.

So is the game worth it? I haven't bought it yet, but I'm thinking about it.

Playing through with what I can muster, through Ultra Sun.

Is it me, or have the Boss trainers gotten a great deal more formidable? Ya Boi nearly wiped me out, in the first fight, which was something that didn't happen in Moon.

They claim it might be tougher, no idea since I haven't played far. But yeah would be a bad change, I thought most were pretty much max iv/ev trained in regular sun and moon though. o well.

also can't wait to grab all the event pok?mon soon, just got all the nice menu features xD

They claim it might be tougher, no idea since I haven't played far. But yeah would be a bad change, I thought most were pretty much max iv/ev trained in regular sun and moon though. o well.

also can't wait to grab all the event pok?mon soon, just got all the nice menu features xD

Sun and moon was easy tho so why would it be a bad change :/

I think it's good they're making it a bit harder

Back