• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you made terrible mistakes in your town?

Pyoopi

greedy heart stealer
Staff
Project Staff
Artist
Bells
Island
TeeheeTiki
Toy Hammer
Coconut
Pink Heart Balloon
Coconut
Toy Hammer
Coconut
Banana
Toy Hammer
Banana
Coconut
I have and deeply regret it. I don't know why..I thought this would never happen.

0gwa7vD.jpg

God dammit, Peewee. Oh my god. I made that shirt for funsies and I never put two and two together. It's destroyed now but I'm too late. This is my burden now.

I've soiled him!!

r1cCc1x.jpg

//silently sobs

Please share your foolish mistakes you've made in your town.

My mistake was using amiibo cards. Although luckily I didn't fill my town up with amiibo villagers, knowing that it will take them a while to ask to move bothers me. I liked the whole dream villager idea and getting the villagers you want from amiibo cards at first, but now the game is kind of ruined for me. I feel like the whole concept game is about patience and depriving yourself of things, just like in the real world. There is less variety and everything feels kind of stagnant in my town because I haven't gotten new villagers, but then again, maybe that's because I always love a fresh new start. So now, when a villager asks to move out, I say yes, no matter how much it hurts to see them go, and wait for a new villager to move in automatically or get a camper. And no camper resets, either! I got a villager from the camping site and his name is Derwin! Such a cute duck.

You can ask Isabelle to make them change their clothing. They probably included that option for moments like this haha. I regret putting my police station, my Reset center and my cafe in the spots that they are now. Since I can't change where they are I just had to deal with it. I also regret putting my homes where I did but I can't be bothered to change it now. I think my biggest mistake was accidentally letting Bill move out. I don't know how it happened, I was so careful but one day he was just gone. Now I time travel back to the last day I played just to be safe.

After going on vacation and not playing for 10 days or so, I decided not to travel back to the last date I played (whyyyyy self, why?!) and found that the only original villager I had left had moved out after 2 and a half years of being in my town.

I actually like where I put my police station EXCEPT... when I am trying to fish in the river. I have a hard time seeing fish in the spot where the station is. But once I get all the fish I need for the museum I will go back to being happy where it is.

I put my cafe right in the middle of this area and it's blocks everything so I have to go all the way around it. :(

I let Frobert move away from Oranvale. I wasn't really that fond of him but his house looked SO AMAZING next to the windmill... I did it because I was still planning to make it an all-horse town but then I just gave up on that idea and I'm left to regret ever letting Frobert go :p

Last edited:
The only mistake I can think of is planting my bush starts too near cliffs/rocks/buildings and having them all die on me!

I understand better how it works now. ;)

I like that my police station is as close as it can get to town hall (2 spaces away), but on the map, it does look a bit odd.

My mistake was not knowing the different map layouts, I could've had a much better distribution and less ponds, I want more space for landscaping and PWPs.

I spent a log time getting my dreamies. Months of plit resetting. In the end I let them all move because having the same villagers is boring and stressful. I regret I spent so much time getting them. I hate I just started over and didn't sell my town because dang everything got expensive real fast.

putting m campsite down - especially the placement. it's horrendous - i don't see why there's no option to remove/move it considering there's a new campground now

also my main character house placement . euugh . it only got worse when i updated to the welcome to amiibo version of the game, which made the new campgrounds appear right next to my house. looks awful on the map and it cuts off a lot of land that i could've otherwise used

i think i got a pretty difficult map when i created my town, but i'm working around it~

There are alot I made. :(

Let's see...

1. Moving Mira in a bad spot
2. Take pictures alot, who knows how long it'll take to erase most of them. :/
3. Ponder too much on design.
4. Moving Diana in.
5. Forgetting to invite Julian in from the Camp.

I sat the police station in a bad spot in my main town.

I feel you my friend. I did that to to my resetti center. It would've been perfect for a third bridge instead.

My mistake is using those evil amiibo cards!

Yeah I was actually surprised that amiibo characters take a long time to move out. I am glad I only moved one in.

My mistake was not knowing the different map layouts, I could've had a much better distribution and less ponds, I want more space for landscaping and PWPs.

I think about that too but I didn't want to keep resetting the game to get the perfect map. I'm too impatient.

I spent a log time getting my dreamies. Months of plit resetting. In the end I let them all move because having the same villagers is boring and stressful. I regret I spent so much time getting them. I hate I just started over and didn't sell my town because dang everything got expensive real fast.

I don't know how you people plot reset. It seems such like a pain in the tookus. The only time I did something so obsessive is when I wanted my popplio to be female. I finally got one after 20+ tries.

2. Take pictures alot, who knows how long it'll take to erase most of them. :/

Oh, but pictures aren't always a bad thing. I mean, heck, I do too and it's always fun to go through them.

I didn't plot resett when Aurora moved in (after inviting her from the campsite). She put her house right in back of Town Hall.
I resett/deleted my old town before I got to the stage when I could sell it. I didn't realize at the time that the town tree had to be at a certain stage in order to sell your town.

Back