Thoughts?

• Total voters

Flare

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7087-8935-1983
Have any of you ever thought of us actually being Simulated Holograms?
Occasionally, I feel this way, I mean it's just a feeling I get. I always believed when I was like what 6? That we were all robots in disguise.

There's a Theory that makes me feel weirder about it too. As shown here I'm not the only one and there has been researching for whether or not we truly are real.

So what do you think?

Shoot that "believe" in the third option is spelled "believ". D:

Last edited:
I have. Not for very long. I don't see why someone or something would like to simulate my life. I don't think it makes any real effect on our lives. If it's true or false, I think it's irrelevant. Unless you're Neo

No, I definitely think we're real alright.

Reactions: Dim
dunno, i watched that doctor who episode the other week and tripped out about being in a simulation, but other than that no, I don't believe it.

I've heard this somewhere... is it from The Matrix?

Anyways, no, I think it's ridiculous to believe that we are in a computer simulation. Computers are a man-made machine, so unless they existed when the universe -- I'm sorry, this program was started, then I highly doubt that our life is just a simulation. If our life is a simulation, then scientists needs to start crackin' down and figuring out this great computer of the universe, 'cause that is one mighty machine.

Makes me think... do the Sims ever wonder if they're in a computer simulation?

That poll is a trap with its double negative in the third option. :p

Either way,
when I was a young child, I remember people playing around with the idea. I thought it was amusing to think about back then.

No but even if we were, how would we know? We could be Matrixed/Plato's Caved and never know it. The system could be feeding that information into our brain that everything we're experienced is real. I, personally, don't think we are. However, we can't prove that we are or aren't haha.

i dissociate a Lot and it makes me think nothing is real so idk i mean i guess i think it's a simulation or whatever lollll but the rational oart of my brain knows it's not like that, ut's just that i have a very convincing feeling that nothing is real

There is no way for us to know, so I don't really bother thinking about it too much.

A simulation is something that imitates the apperance of something, though, so if life were a simulation, that imply there is a non-simulated life.

i really can't decide. i like to read those "glitch in the matrix" stories a lot and some of them are super creepy & make me start thinking about it more, but.. i don't think so. i'd like to think we're real, at least.

Not at all. Any "glitches in the matrix" have a natural explanation even if we don't know what it is yet, and we are all real. Fun to think about in fiction, but in reality it's all baloney. :p

I read about the theory a little bit (most interesting part are light particles)
But to answer your question, yes I think so. There are a lot of similarities between the theory and religions. Also, there's too much talk about bodies being vehicles, housing or temples.

Back