• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your name? Do you like it?

fruitbroker

pastel enthusiast
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
i don't like my name all that much. i mean, tyler is a cool name, but not really for a girl. it's one of those "unisex" names that are far more masculine than feminine.

what about y'all? do you like your name?

My name is Megan. I used to not like how popular it is since I always had another Megan in my class growing up. Now I like it!

I hate my name. It's pretty basic, everyone can pronounce it but I just don't think it fits me. I'd love to change my name; in fact, very few people know my real name.

My name is Aiden, which I think means fire. I'm not sure I would like the name if I myself wasn't named Aiden, however I think it suits me well.

victoria, normally tori for short. i like the meaning of my name too, it's really neat! (means victory, lol)

b2a0b4b50917491199d1e4b74a08b840.png

Sabrina is a decent name I guess I don't really feel like it suits me though. Also, the Teenage witch jokes never get old...

Erik is alright. I have no problems w/ it.

Christopher. Most people call me Chris. I have no problem with it other than the fact that it's way too freaking common. Every class I've been in throughout my school years there's ALWAYS one or two ore Chris in it. Now I work in a place where there are 6 other Chris, and one of them is the boss. XD

Michael.
Err... well it's weird considering I'm Mexican (Yes, my legal name is Michael not Miguel), and it doesn't sound right to me either tbh.
But I suppose it's alright.

I really love my name! There's not exactly uncommon, but not a lot of people have it either. I like the way it sounds and it fits my personality well.

Last edited:
My friends know my real name and I suppose y'all will too. No harm in knowing first names! :rolleyes:

My real name is Katherine. I like it because...

1. I was the only person in my whole school with that name until I was a senior,

2. I think it's a very nice name,

3. I have grown to love the letter K,

4. From it stems a bunch of great nicknames. Most common is Katie, but some others include Kat, Kit-Kat, Kat-dog, Kangaroo, and even Katheder (not rly sure where that one came from lol). My grandpa doesn't even call me by my first name, he calls me by my middle name, which I don't mind either.

My name is Sarah. I had four Sarah's in my friend group when I was in high school - so I definitely hated it at the time! I would usually go by my nickname of "Ed". I like it a lot more now, there was a long period of time where I was the only Sarah in my life, but where I live now there are a lot of Sarahs again. But now it's just kinda nice to share a name with other people - it's a very easy conversation starter.

Mine's Samantha, which I hate, and I go by Sam, which I don't really like lol
I really hate the sound of Samantha, and I feel like Sam is to plain or masculine idk

Mine is Tyler too. I think it's a cool name. I just wish that everyone who was born in 1994 wasn't named it. I can't tell you how many classes I've had with various Tylers in it.

Roel. Eh, it's pretty boring but still okay I guess since it's not too common (but not exactly uncommon).

Mine's Michael im quite happy with my name ^-^

My saint is also St. Michael (The archangel) which is also quite nice ^-^

Last edited:
I used to hate my name a lot but now I like it. I still prefer going by my nickname, Kitty. My grandparents wanted to name me Maria, after the Virgin Mary because we were Catholic. I'm glad my mom fought that. Not a lot of Korean Marias out there haha. I hated my Korean name too because it sounds like a boy name in English but it's also grown on me. If I could choose, I'd want a Korean name that started with an S or H, like my mother and her sisters.

Back