Pokémon Pokemon Direct 6/6

So perhaps a Switch version is still on the horizon.
Tux7nor.png

Time will tell, for now nothing happening.

You're delusional if you think that Nintendo is going to keep the 3DS going long into the Switch's life. No console in history has done that. Just one look at the 3DS' lineup right now is evident enough that they don't care about it anymore.

Pokken Switch box art looks miles better than the Wii U box art did

DBpUZeyXkAAlGB-.jpg

Ultra Versions better not be graphic and processor monsters like the current ones :/

Time to save dosh, though, if they are really doing 3ds version of it.

Cool to see G/S hitting the VC though.

Well that was the most saddest thing I have seen in a while.

I'm hoping that maybe ultra sun and ultra moon will be playable compared to their original games?

All that hype for 'Ultra Sun' and "Ultra Moon'? A Gen 4 remake would have been better than that.

I didn't really care for the original Sun/Moon anyways, so that was a big letdown.

I think they should sell is as an optional DLC for Sun/Moon, making a whole new game just seems kind of pointless.

Last edited:

I'm hoping that maybe ultra sun and ultra moon will be playable compared to their original games?

yeah and less cpu/gpu advanced.. jfc what were they thinking ... i get why they hid it to sell copies unlike xenoblades that was only for the new but still.. eh if it works let alone some delay people ain't gunna upgrade if it doesn't really do anything.

yeah and less cpu/gpu advanced.. jfc what were they thinking ... i get why they hid it to sell copies unlike xenoblades that was only for the new but still.. eh if it works let alone some delay people ain't gunna upgrade if it doesn't really do anything.

I mean, I don't know what it'll contain so I have to be fair and not judge it completely yet. I'm hoping it'll be like a BW2 thing but who knows. I feel like Pokemon is going downhill, with the last two regions being pretty crappy to me. They really have to pull something amazing to get my money again.

Don't count on it. They haven't bothered to fix any of the issues with the engine at any point between XY and SunMoon, so it will run just as awful as it always has.

Don't count on it. They haven't bothered to fix any of the issues with the engine at any point between XY and SunMoon, so it will run just as awful as it always has.

which is just sad and they do it just because sell new 3ds model copies and stuff... :/

Exactly. The New 3DS would probably allow the games to run somewhat respectively. Why they won't take advantage of the extra power that is available to them is so confusing and frustrating. The way Gen 6 and 7 just chug along on the 3DS is part of the reason why people are so eager to see them make the jump to the Switch.

Sun and Moon into "Ultra" Sun and "Ultra" Moon...?
Hmm, that seems disappointing.
It's like Black 2 and White 2 all over again.
And... it's been confirmed that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are 3DS exclusive only.

I say the Diamond and Pearl remake hold-off was for a reason, the traditional remake time of it being x2 of the original generation the game was released (2x2=4, 3x2=6) means that it's certain that it could be made on Generation 8 since 4x2=8. :p I'm sure some of yall knew this already though. D:

Nice to see Gold and Silver returning by VC! I've played HGSS but I never played the originals. :p

Last edited:
I'm upset, I was pretty hyped for a new pokemon game but I was disappointed in the new Pokemon games, and I don't really care for spinoff titles so I'm not really happy, but oh well, pokemon and other companies never listen to fans ideas anyway....

Can't say I'm surprised. The reason this series is flopping is because they're all just the same game with a few more customisation options, a few new Digimon Pok?mon, and they only ever add an extra word or an extra numeral to the title.

Won't be purchasing.

Can't say I'm surprised. The reason this series is flopping is because they're all just the same game with a few more customisation options, a few new Digimon Pok?mon, and they only ever add an extra word or an extra numeral to the title.

Won't be purchasing.

Couldn't agree with you more. What is also killing it for me is how they're targeting children, making the game feel like a tutorial for anyone older than six. I get that Pokemon is "kiddish" but my god, even when I was a kid, the games didn't hold your hand this badly.

I'm really baffled that both Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are exclusives to Nintendo 3DS. I know that the platform is still receiving support just in case the Nintendo Switch would fail to impress us, but I can't help feeling they're missing a huge opportunity at the same time.

Switch's been selling out like crazy for more than 3 months, with hardware shortages occurring pretty much all over the world. With over 2.75 millions of unit sold with such a short time-span, it would make a lot of sense to port both Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon there either this year or the next one, so they further boost the Switch sales. Is that too much to ask or what?

The announcement of Pokken Tournament DX on the Switch doesn't even surprise me the slightest. The original game from the "financially-unsuccessful" Wii U was well-received, but it was released so late in the Wii U's lifespan they'd easily consider porting to another platform whenever the opportunity arises. I knew this would happen at some point, so I've made a decision to wait for the Switch version to arrive.

I'm glad they did 3ds this time, I don't think it would be as well received on the Switch honestly. And I don't think they've done enough to develop it thus far either. Oh well, totally gonna sneak around for a Japanese copy or two when time comes.

This tradition I'm glad for aha.

Won't be purchasing.

Uh, I have sworn never to argue with another David Bowie fan. It's one of my life mottos, but I gotta quote you on this here.

Pok?mon Sun and Moon have become Nintendo’s fast-selling titles ever in the Americas, less than two weeks after release. The games have sold 3.7 million copies across those regions since they launched earlier this month, the company announced in a press release

https://www.polygon.com/2016/11/30/13797626/pokemon-sun-and-moon-sales-record

It's LTD shipped number was 15 million the last time they talked about it. This series is only growing, which is crazy when you consider its age. But the recent jump onto the mobile market helped bring in a lot of new blood.

Off topic, but just imagine what the mobile game will do for the Animal Crossing franchise. The Bell Tree is going to explode with activity in the next few years.

I'm glad they did 3ds this time, I don't think it would be as well received on the Switch honestly. And I don't think they've done enough to develop it thus far either. Oh well, totally gonna sneak around for a Japanese copy or two when time comes.

This tradition I'm glad for aha.

I couldn't disagree more. The fact that USUM is a rehash of an old game on old outdated hardware is drawing a ton of hatred towards TPCi and Game Freak right now. Even with it being a cheap rehash, simply being on the Switch as well as 3DS would have helped it a long way. USUM comes off as nothing more than a lazy re-release.

I'm sure if Nintendo had a say in the matter, it would have been on the Switch. But alas, Game Freak gonna Game Freak.

Last edited:
I'm happy they went with the 3ds again. It didn't surprise me at all because of the new 2dsXL that releases next month. I'm kinda happy because I don't own a switch and I love pokemon as a hand held. Either way, I hoped for GEN4 remakes. Recently bought Heartgold and Platinum again. I hope that, if they make a pokemon game for the switch, it will be a big remake of GEN 1 and 2 or 4. Or maybe some regions together.

Well, considering they have 3DS game releases at least up until September, and now November with this it would be bad off them to kill 3DS like that. And while you can carry around a Switch I prefer, you know real handhelds that is not a hybrid thing. Also tbh rather a lazy (hopefully improved) re-release than hurr durr graphics and processor festival on the Switch.

And yeah, I really hope they do better customization for your starter character (like a mix with X/Y and more shirts and gear that is not beach exclusives).

Gen 4 and maybe 5 would have been neat too since they cut off the old DS Wifi some years ago, sigh. I guess you can use Transporters, Banks and whatnot, but yeah still.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And well, Switch also has its random remakes, now with that Pokk?n thing and MK8 Deluxe... so yeah it's not they are that innovative yet, let alone ARMS maybe.

I couldn't disagree more. The fact that USUM is a rehash of an old game on old outdated hardware is drawing a ton of hatred towards TPCi and Game Freak right now. Even with it being a cheap rehash, simply being on the Switch as well as 3DS would have helped it a long way. USUM comes off as nothing more than a lazy re-release.

I'm sure if Nintendo had a say in the matter, it would have been on the Switch. But alas, Game Freak gonna Game Freak.

Pal, GameFreak are 100% dependent on Nintendo for everything. They are literally their own personal *****. If Nintendo wanted USUM to be on the switch, it would've been a switch game. The only reason it's not is that because it's a direct sequel, and as such it was easier for them to complete and release it on the 3DS a lot faster since they already have all the base material from SUMO.

Nah, pok?mon is going to be on switch on the next gen. Or the remakes of the 4th gen, which according to some people they've already hinted at in this very direct.

Back