• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Direct 6/6

This is so typical of nintendo, just dropping such a bomb on us literally out of the blue. Idk how tf I'm gonna sleep tonight XD

Honestly though I doubt it will be Stars. They stopped doing the 3rd version shtick a while ago. Not that it would disappoint me at all, on the contrary. I'd be more than happy. Honestly I'd love anything at all as long as it's an actual game and not just a bunch of ****ty GO or whatever minigames and stuff.

But guys. Seriously. I'm not that much of a gen 4 fan, but.

Just imagine.

The Distortion World in 3D.

I feel weak in the knees just thinking about it :D

Last edited:
Pretty interesting - I'm excited to see what it is. Don't have my hopes up though. If it is a Pokemon game for the Switch that would be awesome.

Doubt they will make a new one so soon but who know with the current paces. If they will make a Switch one it will probably be some Spin-off thing, or they might talk about their new apps.

Not overly hyped since current gen is my least fav.. but yes who knows.

For some people it might, I honestly don't care. I'd rather play it on my 3DS that I can bring along when traveling. :)

Yeah same, and I'm not buy a partial TV console for that.

You two have a rude awakening coming in 2018 then if you intend on sticking with the 3DS beyond this year. It may get one more Pokemon game, but you can bet your asses that Gen 8 will be Switch-exclusive.

Maybe they could do a 3DS version and an "HD" version? I hear there's a few things in Sun and Moon that have gone unused, and people already hack their 3DS to make Sun and Moon look better.

That's what the current prediction is right now. After Monster Hunter XX was announced to be getting a Switch version that can communicate with the 3DS version, most people start assuming that Nintendo is also taking this route with the rumored Pokemon Stars game that's expected to be revealed tomorrow.

My own personal predictions is Pokemon Stars will be announced tomorrow, will receive both a 3DS and a Switch version. Then in 2019, we get Pokemon Generation 8 exclusively on Switch and then Diamond/Pearl/Platinum remakes built upon that foundation.

I wonder what it will be... Remakes? New Game? Sequel?

But I don't think i'll get up at 7am, but I have to.

I remember last year people were all "Pokemon Z!" and Sun Moon came out. After Black and white they were all "Pokemon Grey" or Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes" But we got Black2/White then XY.
Lmao

I'd love either Sun/Moon sequel or Diamond/Pearl remake but if are going to 'switch' it should be a whole new generation. I know it's wayyyy to soon but it feels weird moving to a whole new system without a new generation.
Pokemon Amiibo Festival #Confirmed
Bahahaha xD

I think this series is super repetitive now. Would take a lot for me to get back into it.

I hope it's not a remake of D/P/P, though. My favourite games in the series don't need a remake. They're fine just the way they are, and they don't need remakes just so you can let us wear hats or something.

I'm going to be super bummed out if it's a Switch exclusive. I'm really super hoping it's a gen 4 remake because, after the postgame of Sun/Moon (and ORAS, and XY...) DPPt is kind of going to be important to see, plotwise. I've been looking forward to whatever they do with gen 4.

Plus, Sun/Moon... The plot was great, the graphics were lovely, but the gameplay was kind of lackluster. It also had basically no replay value, what with the untradeable, un-Bankable event Z-crystals. Much as I'd be tempted, I don't think I could justify spending more money on it, even if it were a new version.

I'm not sure their could be lots of ideas, and if its a remake their better be at least some new pokemon

@Blue Cup

Well be it then? Why do they even bother to support 3ds more if they plan on killing everything already. Considering Pok?mon games are probably one of the biggest factors (together with MH probably) that keeps it alive.

Also if they do kill **** with launching it on Switch well then I'm done. I'm not buying an even more part-TV hooked can just for that, then I'd rather go retro or ditch it if they shut down the Wifi like they did with the DS games. In a way I guess the OG 3ds consoles are probably a bit "retro" even now since you can't play some games on it so, eh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And well if they have Gen 8 ready for switch already then I'm surprised but yeah as I said they've been pretty fast-paced really. Oh well. Or they will probably do a 2 part solution with cross-playing, that'd be alright I guess lol cause you could maybe get one or the other

@Blue Cup

Well be it then? Why do they even bother to support 3ds more if they plan on killing everything already. Considering Pok?mon games are probably one of the biggest factors (together with MH probably) that keeps it alive.

Also if they do kill **** with launching it on Switch well then I'm done. I'm not buying an even more part-TV hooked can just for that, then I'd rather go retro or ditch it if they shut down the Wifi like they did with the DS games. In a way I guess the OG 3ds consoles are probably a bit "retro" even now since you can't play some games on it so, eh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And well if they have Gen 8 ready for switch already then I'm surprised but yeah as I said they've been pretty fast-paced really. Oh well. Or they will probably do a 2 part solution with cross-playing, that'd be alright I guess lol cause you could maybe get one or the other

I feel the same way about home consoles, portables 4 life for me, but the Switch really isn't a home console at all. You don't need a TV to play it. It's literally just a portable console that you CAN play on a TV screen if you want.

I'm one of those people who would straight up murder anyone who even suggested moving the main Pokemon games to a home console, but I'm 100% fine with it being on the Switch.

I feel the same way about home consoles, portables 4 life for me, but the Switch really isn't a home console at all. You don't need a TV to play it. It's literally just a portable console that you CAN play on a TV screen if you want.

I'm one of those people who would straight up murder anyone who even suggested moving the main Pokemon games to a home console, but I'm 100% fine with it being on the Switch.
Yeah true, but I prefer Pok?mon being more pure handheld like they've been all ages for the main games.. If they do a spin-off go ahead since I didn't really play those anyways on tv consoles.

And yes I know you can play it standalone but seems a bit cheap for them and expensive for us to do that. Oh well I'll just read up on crap later I guess.

@Blue Cup

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry if my replies came off as edgy last night. I was ~ and still am to an extent ~ dealing with a migraine.

But yeah. There's a very good possibility that today's announcement could be 3DS exclusive simply based on the fact that Pokemon is owned mostly by Game Freak and they call all the shots as to where it goes. Game Freak is unpredictable so it's hard to say really what happens in 90 minutes.

As for 3DS support itself, they (Nintendo) has to support the 3DS for just a little bit longer before they can begin phasing it out. The games that are coming out in the next year are probably all it's going to get. Heck, for that matter most of Nintendo's internal 1st party output has dropped off and they are having external parties develop their games (Example: Hey! Pikmin).

I don't see them discontinuing 3DS online play for years yet, so you don't have to worry about that. But the simple truth is that Nintendo wants everyone on the Switch train, so support WILL dry up soon. Today's announcement could very well be the last big parting gift for the 3DS userbase.

Ideally, they would develop two versions so that 3DS and Switch users both get a piece of the pie.

For me, the Switch is a dream come true. I've used it as a handheld so much that I've flat out forgotten that it can be played as a console a few times, and that's saying something considering I bought the Pro Controller for it.

Edit: Neither Nintendo of Korea nor Pokemon Korea's twitter pages have mentioned this Direct. Odd considering this is a worldwide event, but then when you factor in that the Switch hasn't launched in Korea yet, things get a bit more clear.

27 minutes to go.

Last edited:
So hyped for the 3DS VC titles. Not quite as but still v hyped for the new Ultra titles. I'm wondering what they're going to be like.

I was hoping for a new game, but they are all just remakes with some extra things. I'm not sure if I will get any of them.

Well that was disgusting. I'll give Pokken a try because I skipped it on the Wii U, but everything else was for the plebs.

Ah well, that just means that Gen 8 will be a Switch exclusive and everyone will have to jump ship if they want to play it in two years. You 3DS users get your last scraps, because you won't be getting the next big iteration.

I knew it, 3DS aint going down for a while.

2018 is its last year, I assure you. They're putting the bare minimum effort into USUM.

Last edited:
Well that was disgusting. I'll give Pokken a try because I skipped it on the Wii U, but everything else was for the plebs.

Ah well, that just means that Gen 8 will be a Switch exclusive and everyone will have to jump ship if they want to play it in two years. You 3DS users get your last scraps, because you won't be getting the next big iteration.

2018 is its last year, I assure you. They're putting the bare minimum effort into USUM.

Time will tell, for now nothing happening.

Back