• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What type of movies do you think are worse?

What movies are the worst in general?

• Total voters
Wow, I'm surprised you say that. I actually thought that movie was good.

It wasn't the worst movie of all time, but it is nothing compared to the first and second one's.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I voted for the uncreative movies because I'm tired of dumb trends becoming movies. I heard "Fred the Fidget" is already in profuction and is aiming for a Summer 2018 release.

Last edited:
It wasn't the worst movie of all time, but it is nothing compared to the first and second one's.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I voted for the uncreative movies because I'm tired of dumb trends becoming movies. I heard "Fred the Fidget" is already in profuction and is aiming for a Summer 2018 release.

If the Emoji Movie bombs and wins a razzie for Worst Picture, maybe it will stop producers from making movies like Fred the Fidget. Like I said before, not everything is worth making a movie out of. Even Ishtar (1987) is better than that.

If the Emoji Movie bombs and wins a razzie for Worst Picture, maybe it will stop producers from making movies like Fred the Fidget. Like I said before, not everything is worth making a movie out of. Even Ishtar (1987) is better than that.

I honestly hope that happens. I'm really glad the release date for it isn't August 4 anymore. I don't want Bones's birthday to be remembered by that.

In Production.-

Sponny the Bottle
Fred the Fidget
The SpongeBob Acting like a Chicken Movie
Marshal the Squirrel.

I honestly hope that happens. I'm really glad the release date for it isn't August 4 anymore. I don't want Bones's birthday to be remembered by that.

In Production.-

Sponny the Bottle
Fred the Fidget
The SpongeBob Acting like a Chicken Movie
Marshal the Squirrel.

Wait, what? Can you clarify that for me, or is it an exaggeration?

book adaptations was only like 4% wow xD guess im alone on that one

Its just never as good as you imagine it to be and its limited somewhat to the source material...not a good combo for a film

Exaggeration. If that actually became a movie, then I'd probably stop watching movies.

So does that mean all the movies you listed are fake, or is Fred the Fidget still real. I believed that the Emoji Movie is bad enough. That is something Michael Bay can do better than. Something even the Marvel reboots are better than. Heck, something even the films notable for negative reception such as Ishtar and Saturday the 14th (it's a real movie) are better than.

So does that mean all the movies you listed are fake, or is Fred the Fidget still real. I believed that the Emoji Movie is bad enough. That is something Michael Bay can do better than. Something even the Marvel reboots are better than. Heck, something even the films notable for negative reception such as Ishtar and Saturday the 14th (it's a real movie) are better than.

None were real, but I can see a Fidget movie happening.

None were real, but I can see a Fidget movie happening.

That's still sounds like satire as of now, but yes, if we continue in this trend, we may eventually see garbage movies like that.

Back to the Future 2 had a Jaws 19 movie coming out in theaters in 2015. Although it was an exaggeration mocking on the Jaws series and how bad Jaws: The Revenge was, it really nailed the obsession of sequels big time. Cause we seen it in Shrek and Ice Age. Even Pixar fell in the sequel trap. And our current trend goes up to 5 movies. But now, even sequels aren't the most of our worries.

Un-creative movies and Rip-Offs are really annoying, as well as some trendy movies. It's funny when there are like 50 movies of the same thing, I feel that way with a lot of scary movies, so many horror tropes are so tired and annoying after seeing so many times. I laughed watching The Boy especially because it was terribly reminiscent of a "Non-Hollywood" movie that was MUCH better! Which is the same for a lot of popular Hollywood horror movies now. There will be some indie movie that is way scarier and comes out way before, someone in Hollywood with a bloated budget sees it and thinks, "Hey if I basically remake this I can get away with it!" Also I am really tired of "Found Footage" movies like, it can be done right, but it's been done so often, and most of them are complete trash. =/

I had to vote for remakes, they are by far the worst. It's completely pointless to reproduce an already made film with a different cast, it amuses me.

i was gonna vote for rip-offs but you can have a so bad it's good feeling from them.
remakes are bad too. they're going to do a cowboy bebop live action and i feel like it's going to be awful because it's so much more fluent in animation and it's difficult to replicate in a real-life setting.
the guys who are making this are the guys who worked on max steel, and it has a 0% rating on the tomatometer. it was also an adaptation of an animation so oh no

Last edited:
While it always depends on the individual movie in question, I'm pretty opposed to the concept of remakes and reboots. As someone who aspires to become a published author and who might like to foray into film if at all possible, I'm offended and kind of aggravated that there is a market for re-hashings of original works by people who in all likelihood had nothing to do with the source material and might not grasp all of what went into the original and/or why it was successful in the first place. Remakes and reboots are typically, though not always, inferior to what came before as far as I'm concerned.

Prequels and sequels can be good, so I don't write them off outright, but I dont' feel that just because a movie was successful that it needs to have a follow-up or a franchise built up around it just because a studio can make money off of it. If there is so much material to work with that it cannot be contained within a single movie and you go into things with plans for a franchise, that's fine. If they're unplanned and you're just doing it for the money, it just seems like unnecessary glut that risks damaging the brand in question.

As far as the poll is concerned, I gave the vote to remakes.

The type of movies nobody asks for. Like the emoji movie for instance. its gonna get a low rotten tomato rating for sure.

movies like emoji movie or whatever honestly feel like a waste. idk how else to explain it. i feel like producing it is just a waste of time and seeing it even more-so..
the 2nd worst i guess is rip-offs. theyre absolutely awful. poorly excuted, and again, a waste.

Back