What type of movies do you think are worse?

What movies are the worst in general?

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Party Animals 🥳
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Red Balloon
Banana
Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I know every time period have their goods and bads when it comes to anything, including film. But what bothers me is how original films these days are. For a long time, sequels (and sometimes prequels) have been a big concern. Sometimes, they extend series just to show more story. But what's bothersome about them is how they make them just to make more money. A while ago, they usually go up to Part 2 or Part 3, but the current sequel trend goes up to Part 5. But now sequels are less worrisome. Recently, the film industry is being plagued by remakes and reboots. They are not only killing good movies, but also showing how producers can't be original anymore. We're at least having original movies once in a while, but most of the successes go to remake, sequels, and other unoriginal films.

What type of movies, according to the poll, do you think are the most annoying?

I thought the poll was multiple choice when it wasn't u_u but my first choice was(is) trend films. I think they're all pretty lame, especially superhero movies. Not that I don't like a good superhero movie! But I saw a lot because my bf really likes superheroes and marvel and all that hooha, and while I loved Dr. Strange and Deadpool, a lot of them are really bad imo. And I've seen all that have come out in the past two years. It's not like I saw a few and this opinion came to be lol

Usually sequals are pretty bad, too. Like any disney sequal...it's just not right! It's so bad!

Just wanna mention because I just thought of it, I thought guardians of the galaxy 2 was funny. Also Logan was awesome.

Last edited:
I would have to say remakes, honestly. I feel like writers need to focus more on creating new things than starting over on concepts everybody knows and loves already.

oh god they're all awful. i hate the harry potter films (i also hate the books so), remakes, reboots and rip-offs are always bad.

prequels and sequels can be alright sometimes, but only if it's necessary. (not a movie, but apparently we're getting a life is strange prequel on top of the sequel and honestly, it feels like christmas.)

Last edited:
Remakes, I hate when they try to do a modern concept of something old that is really good originally anyways. Like bruh get creative.

Same with rip-off ? la Tarantino stuff. Yeah dude we know you're a weeaboo trash stop making stupid movies about that and like, all western things already done.

Honestly 90% of comedies are just stupid so I'd have to say those

And I don't usually like animated movies either

Honestly 90% of comedies are just stupid so I'd have to say those

And I don't usually like animated movies either

I have to agree that the animation branch has been lacking quality in recent times. Since the 1990's was over, animation has been pretty dumb. Even Pixar from 2001 to 2010 and WDAS 2010 to today aren't as good as the 1990's and before.

Last edited:
Most dumb action movies, at least nowadays when it's just special effects and super-known actors most of the time.

Also the concept of "family-friendly" movies where they take an idea and tone down like everything just to be for all ages, yuck.

I think rip-offs are the worst and lowest forms of movies. At least give credit to the original creators by making a remake. I'd rather watch an uninspired movie about the poop emoji than watch a rip-off with no artistic credibility.

I hate remakes when they try to throw pop culture in there to stay hip with the kids. Aka the lorax.

I think rip-offs are the worst and lowest forms of movies. At least give credit to the original creators by making a remake. I'd rather watch an uninspired movie about the poop emoji than watch a rip-off with no artistic credibility.

I wish I could like this more than once. Of everything this is the only kind that pisses me off because stealing is never right imo. At least with the others there's some forethought or at least giving credit where credit is due. That said the Lion King is a rip off that unfortunately was great. It's too bad big companies can get away with it but it irks me nonetheless.

I voted other because I think most of what you listed is bad. I wouldn't go see a spin off movie, most sequels suck, most prequels also suck, book adaptations usually infuriate me, I almost always hate remakes (why not leave the Disney movies the way they were?) and everything else sounded pretty bad too.

I loooove bad horror movies though. I actually get a lot of enjoyment out of low budget b horror movies like zombeavers lol

Back