• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you bisexual?

Are you bisexual?

• Yes

Votes: 51 35.2%
  • No, I am straight/heterosexual

Votes: 57 39.3%
  • No, I am gay/lesbian/homosexual

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 13.1%

• Total voters

nintendofan85

Good grief.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
I ask this question as, many of you know, I am bisexual myself, and my parents are very homophobic so the idea of coming out to them is basically not gonna happen as I know they'd judge me. However, at times I have asked my mom questions like "If I wasn't straight, what would you tell me?", and "What if I wasn't gay or straight, but bisexual?".
After asking my mom these types of questions, my mom has repeatedly stated that bisexuals are non-existent-you're either gay or straight, and that bisexuals are really gay or lesbian and just want to appear like they're "fitting in" with society by getting themselves in straight relationships. I have several problems with that assertion:
1. As seen with myself, it isn't impossible to be attracted to more than one gender.
2. Homosexual relationships have gotten increasingly accepted by society more and more.
So, what are your thoughts on bisexuality? Are you bisexual?

Last edited:
I am, yes. Not even Tumblr thinks I'm part of the LGBT+ community, only when it's convenient (if I'm in a same-sex relationship). I also have to regularly be told "just pick a gender to like" and I'm just like it's not that E A S Y

i'm straight but people i know think i'm bi because of some things i say lol

no, i'm straight, but it saddens me how some people can only see the black and white when there are so many other colors to the spectrum.

No I wouldn't say I'm bisexual, and I am engaged to a man. But I don't see why someone wouldn't think it's possible to be bisexual, I mean just because you're not attracted to both men and women doesn't mean someone else isn't. I have no problems with it, I can't see myself in a relationship with a girl but if that's your thing I say go for it.

Your parents should love you no matter what. I'm sure it must be awful knowing you can't be who you are in front of your parents.

I'm straight, some stuff I said to my friends make them joke around that I'm les but I'm not lol
I accept anyone though, I have a lot of different sexually oriented friends irl and online.

Yay, another sexuality thread...

It isn't bad?.... The OP is just curious and it's interesting seeing people's different views and lives on this matter. I don't really think you can even start some big argument with such a simple question. If you knew you wouldn't want to see another thread of these then you don't have to click on it. Not trying to be rude btw, just kinda stating this.

Nope, I'm pansexual
Im supportive of anyone with any kind of sexual orientation :)

I am, and even though I'm still in the closet to my family for the time being (I do want to come out in the future) I'm proud of being bi. I mean, I can date guys AND gals AND nonbinary hotties. I'm a lucky girl.

Yes. I'm married to a man but I find feminine attributes more physically attractive than masculine attributes.

No, I'm lesbian. But I don't see how it's hard for people to believe that someone can be bisexual. Like how is that hard to comprehend at all?

I'm heterosexual. :eek:
Hm... I'm not really sure why your parents are homophobic...
I respect all sexualities, it's a person's right to choose their preference. :)

Last edited:
I'm asexual -- basically, I'm not attracted to men or women, in any way at all. But I don't have a problem with people who are the exact opposite. That's what makes us as individuals more interesting! :rolleyes:

also just wanna add sexuality and sexual attraction isnt something you choose you're attracted to something by birth so you can't just say one day you want to be gay unless you actually get something out of the same sex 🤔

Back