Votes: 57 39.3%
  • No, I am gay/lesbian/homosexual

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 13.1%

• Total voters
i dreamt i had a gf last night uwu////

i'm bi w/ a preference for guys but girls are v cute so why not

I have literally no real idea what I am. I’m 20 and have shied away from every relationship opportunity that has presented itself by both men and women but I’ve had romantic and/or sexual feelings towards men. And, while I don’t think it’s sexual (as I’ve not delved too deep into it), I have a serious and passionate appreciation for the female body and women in general.

Maybe if I had more experience in relationships I’d be more aware of what I am. I feel like I may be bi? But I just say straight because I’m scared of “mistyping my sexuality” because according to many people I don’t have the last say in it.

It feels like we live in an age that has many groups that, on the surface, promote advocating for yourself and acceptance. Yet under the surface, not too far under as many people don’t even try to hide their hypocrisy, people still get the last day on your identity as a person. We’re still in a very perception/outward-presenting society, but we’re told that it’s “changing.” It’s not.

well im a girl, and i find men incredibly physically attractive but not women so i know im mainly straight

buuuuuut i did end up dating my friend for 5 years who was a girl so...i think so? lol

Bisexual to the maximum, here! *jabs my thumb into my chest, grinning broadly* :p

Im a lesbian myself, ive seen a lot of biphobia inside "the lesbian community" which is very unfortunate. I don't think of bisexuals as not LGBT enough and I find it kind of sad when people do.
I'm sorry your mother isn't very supportive.

I've been straight since the day I was born. Never felt any sexual attraction to a female ever. That being said, I admire that everyone's so honest about their sexuality here. I feel like even if you don't support someone else's sexual orientation that you should be respectful and keep negative comments to yourself. Is being kind that hard, people?

nah, i'm straight but i have absolutely no problem with anyone who isn't! you do you!

Don't want to make it tough
I just want to tell you that I've had enough
It might sound crazy but it ain't no lie
Baby bi bi bi(-sexuality is real and bisexuals are people too)

I imagine I'm more Pansexual- but due to the confusion surrounding the word, I say I'm Bi. I don't care what gender a person is, if I like them, I like them- and tha's enough for me.

Hell yeah.

And it seems your mother has a biphobic way of thinking.

- - - Post Merge - - -

what does heteronormative mean

whats with these made up words

why do they hate men so much

Heteronormativity isn't necessarily related to "man hate" though... and it's not made up either(or is, depending on where you stand on English language development). It's a perfect term to describe an oppressive system where assuming straight is the default and everything else is abnormal, or everyone's straight until proven otherwise - A.K.A. the one we live in. It's not difficult to see where issues can brew from this mindset, right?

So for an example, lemme bring up how this affects bi and pan people specifically. Yeah, it?s unsurprising considering we as a culture (and probably the world as a whole) are caught up in how things look. The struggle of bi/pan people is that unless we are with someone of the "same gender," we don?t "look" like we're LGBT+, even though we experience many of the same struggles with questioning and acceptance as lesbian/gay people do. With that in mind, I can only imagine for a-specs, looking the part can be significantly difficult, if not impossible. It?s the same struggle for poor people, biracial people, and disabled people, that if you don?t look enough of something then you can?t be part of that group even if you have the same shared experiences.

When it comes to sexual orientation, this is how prevalent heteronormativity is especially in US culture, which is defined by the immediate assumption that someone is cis and straight upon first glance. Many think that in order to fight that assumption, we must look different from it. Which is actually counterproductive because that idea actually reinforces heteronormativity.

To actually fight heteronormativity is to normalize the idea that we should never assume a person?s gender/orientation. That?s ultimately the bottom line, and for some reason that simple thought drives people nuts, as if anything else could solve this issue. It's so simple: People should be allowed to dress as they want, be with who they want, and be themselves without being scrutinized for things that are, frankly, no one else?s goddamn business.

Unfortunately... this ties back into we as a species are obsessed with labeling things based on how they look because that is how we make sense of the world, and when things appear that don?t fit into neat little boxes, we kinda go a bit bonkers. And we make up gross crap like ace and "bihet" discourse with this mindset that "the cishets are going to invade our spaces" as if LGBT+ can?t be homo/bi/trans-phobic themselves and people are making up labels because they want to be oppressed. Not saying those things don?t happen individually, but crapping on and shutting out entire groups for it is not the answer.

So you see, it's not just some "SJW BS" like those who're ignorant to this sort of thing would believe. And an extra note: It looks like you drove yourself into TERF territory with that Tumblr screenshot. Of course, man hating and all of that oppressed hating oppressors stuff is another story, but y'all get my point, right?

Hell yeah.

And it seems your mother has a biphobic way of thinking.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Heteronormativity isn't necessarily related to "man hate" though... and it's not made up either(or is, depending on where you stand on English language development). It's a perfect term to describe an oppressive system where assuming straight is the default and everything else is abnormal, or everyone's straight until proven otherwise - A.K.A. the one we live in. It's not difficult to see where issues can brew from this mindset, right?

So for an example, lemme bring up how this affects bi and pan people specifically. Yeah, it’s unsurprising considering we as a culture (and probably the world as a whole) are caught up in how things look. The struggle of bi/pan people is that unless we are with someone of the "same gender," we don’t "look" like we're LGBT+, even though we experience many of the same struggles with questioning and acceptance as lesbian/gay people do. With that in mind, I can only imagine for a-specs, looking the part can be significantly difficult, if not impossible. It’s the same struggle for poor people, biracial people, and disabled people, that if you don’t look enough of something then you can’t be part of that group even if you have the same shared experiences.

When it comes to sexual orientation, this is how prevalent heteronormativity is especially in US culture, which is defined by the immediate assumption that someone is cis and straight upon first glance. Many think that in order to fight that assumption, we must look different from it. Which is actually counterproductive because that idea actually reinforces heteronormativity.

To actually fight heteronormativity is to normalize the idea that we should never assume a person’s gender/orientation. That’s ultimately the bottom line, and for some reason that simple thought drives people nuts, as if anything else could solve this issue. It's so simple: People should be allowed to dress as they want, be with who they want, and be themselves without being scrutinized for things that are, frankly, no one else’s goddamn business.

Unfortunately... this ties back into we as a species are obsessed with labeling things based on how they look because that is how we make sense of the world, and when things appear that don’t fit into neat little boxes, we kinda go a bit bonkers. And we make up gross crap like ace and "bihet" discourse with this mindset that "the cishets are going to invade our spaces" as if LGBT+ can’t be homo/bi/trans-phobic themselves and people are making up labels because they want to be oppressed. Not saying those things don’t happen individually, but crapping on and shutting out entire groups for it is not the answer.

So you see, it's not just some "SJW BS" like those who're ignorant to this sort of thing would believe. And an extra note: It looks like you drove yourself into TERF territory with that Tumblr screenshot. Of course, man hating and all of that oppressed hating oppressors stuff is another story, but y'all get my point, right?

Unfortunately, my mom is very homophobic too, and she even has tried cutting off gay family members...

Unfortunately, my mom is very homophobic too, and she even has tried cutting off gay family members...

Yikes, that's really not good...

I'm sorry for you and your family members, nobody should be cut off or disowned for something like their sexuality.

Back