• [GCN] Double Dash

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • [DS] Mario Kart DS

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • [Wii] Mario Kart Wii

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • [3DS] Mario Kart 7

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • [Wii U / Switch] Mario Kart 8 (Deluxe)

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters

Stockley_

The Director
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7457-9399-7967
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
The title explains it all! For me, it would have to be MK8. The amount of polish and effort that went into that game really paid off.

If I had to pick the most nostalgic game, it'd probably be Mario Kart DS.

MK8 for the same reason! I've played a lot of MK in my day at friend's houses, but 8 was the first I actually owned, and I have to say I love it. I don't have Deluxe, but I assume that it would be better, considering free DLC, Inklings, and a good battle mode. So yeah, 8 Deluxe is probably my favorite.
Also, side note, the soundtrack is SO GOOD.

Double Dash!

I love the two-riders gimmick, the game feels harder than 8 or 8 Deluxe, there's a more fair item balance, I love the tracks; Rainbow Road, Daisy Cruiser, Peach Beach, Baby Park, Dry Dry Desert, Dino Dino Jungle, Wario Colosseum... all amazing. Some have been remade in newer games, but still.

That being said, I love MK8Deluxe and other games in the series too.

Wii is the best, sadly my wii won't work when I try to play that game :/ don't know why

MARIO KART 64 IS BEAST BOIIII

But seriously, in pretty much all cases, N64 games are better :p

64 for sure. I love all the glitches in the game, and tbh one of the most annoying ones xD I know snes has some unforgiving stages as well but since you p much have to be top-4 everywhere to even continue.. yeah.

I'd say Super Circuit for nostalgia reasons though as well.

I'm not sure if I like Double Dash or MK8 Deluxe better since I haven't played the newest one so much yet.
But I can tout the GCN one so easily. It was loads of fun. I liked how I could choose which item to use first, and the courses were great.

8. Literally the only thing I dislike about it is that you get teleported away if you go too far backwards. Me and my friend used to do that on Wi-Fi games and try to hit people just before they finished the final lap and ruin their game. That was hilarious to us.

Unlike a lot of Nintendo games, that's one series they haven't messed up yet.

I went back to play MK Wii today because of this thread

Wow I really suck at that game

I only played MK Super Circuit, MK DS, MK Wii and MK 7, and my favourite of this 4 games is MK 7. But I miss the missions from MK DS :(

Last edited:
I only played MK Super Circuit, MK DS, MK Wii and MK 7, and my favourite of this 4 games is MK 7. But I miss the missions from MK DS :(

Don't remind me of those missions, some were literally impossible lol...

I'd say 7 is good but the AI and the online play is so bad so nah.

I vote for Mario Kart Wii, I loved alot of the new race tracks in it and the unlockables were amazing! Took a long time to get them all and was satisfying compared to now (getting a bunch of coins for random stuff).

Mario Kart Wii for sure. I love how you use motion controls. It really feels like I'm driving. C: I play it with my family and bf all the time. It's a really great bonding experience. ^^

MK8 probably, but I also really like Double Dash!

Wii was fun but yeah took years until I discovered you can drive with holding the nunchuk in one hand and the control in the other connected lmao... Hated using only the controller man.

MK8 Deluxe.

It has everything I loved about 8 with an actual battle mode.

There's also the fact that I can now play a Mario Kart game without having to mash A, so I don't get that tiny circle imprint on my thumb after every session.

huhhhh so hard to decide! Might go with Mario Kart 7 for this! My first 3ds game really made the system enjoyabke for me :p
8. Literally the only thing I dislike about it is that you get teleported away if you go too far backwards. Me and my friend used to do that on Wi-Fi games and try to hit people just before they finished the final lap and ruin their game. That was hilarious to us.

Unlike a lot of Nintendo games, that's one series they haven't messed up yet.
Items are unbalanced af.

Back