• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your favourite Mario Kart game!

What's your favourite Mario Kart game?

• [SNES] Super Mario Kart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [N64] Mario Kart 64

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • [GBA] Super Circuit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [GCN] Double Dash

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • [DS] Mario Kart DS

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • [Wii] Mario Kart Wii

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • [3DS] Mario Kart 7

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • [Wii U / Switch] Mario Kart 8 (Deluxe)

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
Voted for 8, but I do really like all the ones I've played. 64 is a classic, played that for hours and hours as a kid with my sister. But I will never forgive how rigged the AI is in that game. Literally, the "no matter how fast you go, you can never be more than 4 seconds ahead of the 2nd place COMM player" just is a huge blight on this game for me. Out of all of them, if I had to choose a game to play right now, it'd be 8. So, 8.

Items are unbalanced af.

So far it feels like Deluxe has fixed it. Coins are still pretty common higher up but there's more variety. There for the most part isn't Wii U 8's case of there being 2 groups every race; 1st place, and 2nd-12th who are all bunched up and not even close to 1st. If you lose a lead it's very possible to catch back up. There are a few races where 1st is completely dominating, but you can tell how the game works in those cases pretty easily. It'll throw a blue shell in and see how that works out, then if needed throw in a second one (and I swear that both of these come out on lap 2 almost every time for some reason). If the person is still in first after that, then just give the win to them, they deserve it. Having 2 items also helps a bunch in this, and I think that the Boo helps a lot too in making sure there's more "item flow" between everyone.
Still hoping that in MK9 they just remove coins in general. They give you a slight speed boost but it's almost unnoticeable, the coin item itself is just there to be an annoyance, and unlocking everything through collecting coins is really bland and kinda a bit lazy imo. Maybe if you were able to collect the coins and then spend them in a shop to get what you want they would be a bit better but ehhh... they should just get axed.

I haven't played 8 so I can't rank it

1. Wii - bikes (inward drifting, wheelie for speed) great tracks, good physics
2. GCN - unique items, two characters at once who both affect stats, jumpless drifting. tracks are mostly average but baby park and dk mountain was great and i want them back
3. 3DS - great physics, good tracks
4. DS - this is crap all around except for mission mode, which is wonderful
5. GBA - bad tracks, not much changed from SNES
6. SNES - bad tracks, weird drifting
7. 64 - good battle mode, but that's where the good things end. the game-breaking issue with MK64 is that the AI is so bad, that they had to program the AI to TURN OFF COLLISION DETECTION AND THE SPEED CAP when the AI is off camera and losing.

My dream Mario Kart is 3DS physics, GCN drifting except miniturbo builds automatically, GCN vehicles except with options for MKWii bikes (still double character), Wii and 3DS tracks plus Baby Park and DK Mountain, DS mission mode, and 64 battle mode.

- - - Post Merge - - -

did i mention i love baby park and dk mountain

Last edited:
i grew up playing double dash so that's my favourite even though the wii one is a better game. the wii u one is also good but idk i think it's about as good as the one for wii

Back