Flower Breeding

kirst

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So, I've been googling and stuff trying to figure out how this works. I also had a little look on here but tbh, I've just confused myself.

I've found this-

4h62ht.jpg

Where's best to try do it? I don't have a clue where to start tbh.
I've briefly tried with the flowers around my path by pairing some together from the grid above ^
In doing that, I've not managed a lot... I managed to get an orange tulip and two pink roses..
I just don't know, is it better to have a section of my town purely for doing this?
If so, where? I've seen people say on the beach is good, but I just don't know.. helppp?

Also, from previously visiting peoples towns, I got some pink carnations.
I'm unsure how to get any more carnations though, such a noob at this hahaha plz help

I breed my flowers in safe spots. Like I have a bunch of carnations near the Roost cafe. Beach is probably safest, the only reason I don't use it because I find it too small.

If you want more pink carnations, you need red and white ones to breed.

- Plant your flowers diagonally for more hybrid spaces.
- Avoid the following combinations: yellow flowers in general, white with yellow, white cosmos with white cosmos, white tulips with white tulips and white pansies with red pansies, as they don't produce hybrids at all.
- Having more red flowers in a flower plot increases hybrid potential.
- Using fertilizer increases hybrid potential.
- Avoid planting flowers too close to obstacles (e.g. buildings, trees, PWPs, etc.).

I also give hybreeding lectures in person. Check my sig.

Thank you so much :)

I've tried it like this (image below) first of all, hopefully something happens haha! I'll maybe get in contact with you Ehinge Guy for a little bit more help, thanks :)

10zwjyp.jpg

k so apparently the picture doesn't want to load -_-

Last edited:
Try using Imgur?

tumblr_niosghaZrB1ts4uamo3_r1_400.jpg
This what my carnations breeding ground looks like. (Not me)
Is this similar to the photo you tried to show?

Yeah, mines is a little smaller though...

http://imgur.com/a/ByAmP <<< hopefully that works!!
(it seems to be, yay!!)

(i just took a pic on my phone for quickness lol)

Ooh, okay. So, the grid you made, red and white have the chance of making another red or pink. So if you strictly want pink roses, you have a choice of, PxPink, PxPurple, PxY, and PxW. The guy above said to avoid yellows.

It helps too if you have Jacob's ladders to be plant near. Along with fertilizer to increase the odds.

I only have one or two Jacobs Ladders, no fertilizer unfortunately. I'll try placing them down too.
I've had another couple of patches going on, so like red+yellow roses and white+red cosmos..
Because I've not played for a few days I changed the date back to wednesday when I started playing this morning and I've been getting my money and stuff out the rocks for each day I've not played, getting fossils and doing PWPs, I've been watering the rest of my plants and then saving it, then changing the date back and I've now got some pink cosmos, orange roses and some more pink roses- very happy girl :D

Last edited:
I would replace the red rose in the middle with a white one, so you could obtain pink and purple roses simultaneously.

A few of my earliest hybrid plots involve planting a red "X" and surrounding it with yellow or white. Or planting an "X" of white roses and surrounding it with red roses. By using this method, you can breed more than one hybrid species from a single plot.

But that's just me.

I'll give that a try next then- fingers crossed I get somewhere lol!
I've completely destroyed all the flower patches in my town and the flowers surrounding my path, but it will be worth it if I can get some hybrids lol!

Yeah, I would designate a special area for flower breeding. I usually do mine on the beach because I don't get interference from my other flowers. My ideal breading set up looks like this:
O X O
X F X
O X O

If possible, leave a space around this entire configuration. F represent fertilizer or a Jacob's Ladder. The Os represent open spaces and the X's represent the flowers. If you don't have 4 of the flower you're trying to breed yet remember to have the two different colors touching like this:

O x O
X F X
O x O

O X O
X F x
O x O

X and x are the same breed of flower but different colors. Once you get at least 2 of your desired hybrid, it should be fairly easy to breed more of them. Just the initial part takes some time. Good luck!

Back