• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

HHD Worth Buying?

After buying it, i only played it about 3 times
It's just decorating, over and over and over
You can decorate on new leaf already, and though HHD has more options and goes more in depth, its the same thing every time. I get tired of it eventually.

If you like interior decorating, this game is for you. I've designed maybe 50 houses and I got the game 20 days after it's release, I haven't been on in so long. The downside of it is that it's extremely repetitive because you do the same exact thing each time which ruins the glory of it. It's very fun at first, but you may regret buying it. I don't because it is fun but it's something that I take big hiatuses of. The game is actually really fun to play with friends and family though, designing houses with other people and being able to bounce off of ideas is really fun. I designed a house with my mom and it was better than alone.

The only thing you can do in HHD is design houses and buildings. While it is cute to see the villagers interacting with objects in their environment, I quickly got bored of it. Designing is fun for awhile, but since it's the only thing to do the game lacks a sense of accomplishment. AC:NL will always be my favorite.

I like it, but it is very time consuming. (Especially when you can't design quickly.) But otherwise it's a great game if you like to design interior and exterior!

I like it, but once you're done it gets boring... buy it at gamestop... much cheaper. $20 vs $35. If you like decorating and dont mind a smaller game, it's fun.

I loved the game for the first, what? 2 months maybe? I dunno. Anyway, it got boring after a while. It's kind if the same thing over and over again. I personally wouldn't buy it unless it's on sale.

I honestly have only played it three times maybe since buying it.

The only good thing was that it came with an amiibo card reader since I have an old 3ds!

I bought HHD online for $14. I play it occasionally and it is fun. I also bought Amiibo Festival for Wii U - which is ok, but it takes forever to play a game. LOL

I also agree about Ocarina of Time - one of the best games ever.

This thread has been really helpful for me. My cousin bought HHD and told me it was terrible, returned it immediately for store credit and got Super Smash Bros instead. Honestly that put me off since we have similar taste (and this is whilst I was reading the game's reviews) and I decided not to buy. But I really enjoy decorating in ACNL (sets, sets, SETS I have an addiction) so now I'm looking to purchase HHD once I find the cash :lemon:

I got my copy on sale for 11 bucks, no regrets tbh it's very fun when you actually feel like playing

It's depends actually. I bought HHD so I can play with some designing thingy whenever I am away from my ACNL. Lottie is cute but Isabelle is still No.1 to me

I love HHD! I use it sometimes to help me design houses in New Leaf, since they share a ton of furniture and customization options. It's just easier to pop in HHD and see what a custom option or hypothetical room looks like in a flash instead of having to visualize it, or look it up online.
Once I've got a room together in HHD, I take a pic of it, and recreate the same room in HHD. It helps me to not waste time and bells gathering furniture I won't need. Once I make sure to control for certain things, like I won't use the half-placement furniture option, ceiling items, rugs, etc. and use furniture that's only found in both games (no pwp furniture), HHD makes itself very useful for me. :D

I ordered HHD online a little while ago and it should be here tomorrow. :) I mainly bought it cause I'm horrible at interior design in ACNL so I thought that practicing in HHD might help me improve a bit.

I've seen some videos of people playing it online and it looks really fun to me!

In my opinion it is a very boring game. I regret buying it. You get no sense of acomplishment since animals don't scold you or give you a game over screen if you don't design how they wish .It is so repetitive. I wouldn't recommend it. stick to ACNL where you can do something else when the you get tired of decorating.

honestly I've played it maybe 3 times as well and greatly regret spending the full $35 for the digital copy of the game.

there were some cool updates -- I like the opening and how you could choose your face, hair, and skintone (!!!) -- but otherwise it does get monotonous.

I think for the $14 - $15 it costs now (for the digital copy) it's worth it because it can be a fun way to burn off time, but I honestly wouldn't pay over $20 for the game because of the limited entertainment value.

Maybe they'll update it like they did with New Leaf though? Or maybe there will be a new AC game some point soon (wishful thinking) that will have integration features with HHD, you never know...

I would say HHD is definitely worth buying if you're into interior design and creativity, as it lets you do much more than ACNL, as you get wider and different shaped rooms, more exterior options and even a garden which is really good. It's nice to go back and improve upon your old designs after you've unlocked more options which gives the game more life to it - there's infinite possibliltes so it's great to just keep going back and remkaing and improving. I've probably remodeled Goldie's house about 6 times by now.

I think it's fun but I can only decorate a house or two before I get bored of it.
If you can get it for a good price I'd buy it!

Is it worth buying? Does it get boring fast and what is the whole initiative of the game???

I guess that depends on what you like! I love HHD but its definitely only for those that really like decorating. If you like designing houses in Sims 4 then its definitely for you!

Back