Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HHD Worth Buying?

Invisible Mode Always On Mr. Cat's Avatar
    Bells
    3DS
    4184-6846-4931
    Items: LeifAvatar AnimationMay Birthstone (Emerald)Tasty Cake
Gift received at 11-20-2015, 08:54 PM from Shimmer
    Would this game help me with designing my own house in New Leaf? I have a hard time ordering furniture that I think would look nice and having an almost complete catalog makes it extra hard. I need a layout before I start things or I get too overwhelmed and you just can't do that in New Leaf... Despite having a nicely landscaped town, I've never ever decorated my house before.

Bells
    3DS
    3840-9187-0510
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cat View Post
    Would this game help me with designing my own house in New Leaf? I have a hard time ordering furniture that I think would look nice and having an almost complete catalog makes it extra hard. I need a layout before I start things or I get too overwhelmed and you just can't do that in New Leaf... Despite having a nicely landscaped town, I've never ever decorated my house before.
    Definitely, but the villagers will give you specific themes or you will have to design a certain kind of building like a school, so your creativity is limited in that way.

To OP: Just wanted to say that Super Mario 3D Land is a great classic platformer and Pokémon X is, in my opinion, much better than Alpha Sapphire (played both) if you finish it and want to play another Pokémon (although I have not played Pokémon Sun yet and it could be even better). I also recommend checking out some demos for games like Tomodachi Life which is a quirky but fun little game and the demo can help you decide if it's worth buying.

Happy Home Designer was already downloaded on my 3DS when I bought it so I didn't have to pay for it, but I did really enjoy a lot of the game at first. That being said, if you were going to buy it I would search for the cheapest copy you can find online because it provides only so much entertainment.

I purchased "Happy Home Designer" when it was released in the United States on September 25, 2015. I don't play it much. When I do play it, I may do so for a few days and, after that, I will stop for a while (which will happen for a period I can't predict).

In "Happy Home Designer," I found that accessing pieces of furniture (I like the box sofa which comes from the Uchi bear with amiibo number 224, Paula) to have been necessary in having a broad selection of furniture for each character whose house and property you will decorate. So, that can feel satisfying. But, it's not as fulfilling as "New Leaf." In "New Leaf," you bond with the villagers. But, in "Happy Home Designer," it's not emotionally connecting.

I recommend "Happy Home Designer" just for any imagination and pleasure you may find is stimulating while you are playing it. There is also linking "New Leaf" and "Happy Home Designer," due to the November 2016 "Welcome amiibo" update, for some interesting furniture pieces you can have in "New Leaf."

At this point, the prices are no longer at the level they were when "Happy Home Designer" was released. So, that may be considered an advantage.
    Last edited by Candy83; 06-07-2017 at 10:04 PM.
    About Candy83…
    Applewin: | Dream Address (02.05.2017): 5B00–003E–4B29 | Native Fruit: Orange | Mayor: Jill | Villagers (02.05.2017): Stitches, Jambette, Phoebe, Scoot, Twiggy, Tia, Hamlet, Rosie, Julian, Kidd.
    ACNLpics: | Dream Address (02.10.2017): 5D00–003F–B507 | Native Fruit: Cherry | Mayor: Jason | Villagers (02.10.2017): Apollo, Diana, Biskit, Marina, Kevin, Peanut, Eugene, Katt, Fang, Merengue.
    Foster: Dream Address (xx.xx.2017): 4F00–002F–27A3 | Native Fruit: Apple | Mayor: Allie | Villagers (xx.xx.201x): Octavian, Rodney, Blanche, Whitney, Filbert, Sprinkle, Muffy, Ribbot, Zell, Molly.

Bells
    3DS
    1049-2030-8476
    Items: Pear (Fruit)Tasty CakeYellow Candy
Gift received at 10-29-2016, 08:57 PM from CorrieFather's Day Carnation
Gift received at 06-19-2016, 08:35 PM from Hatori
    I wasn't going to get HHD. A friend of mine at the time convinced me to buy it with him so we could experience it together (it was brand new then), so I reluctantly bought it.
    I enjoyed the initial concept, but after some time, the game grew stale to me. I haven't played it in a long time, because I've finished my town in the game and have nothing else to do.

At this point, I'd say the only point in buying and playing HHD to completion is because it will unlock you some cool new furniture to order from the catalog in New Leaf. If you're looking for a new AC title to lose yourself in, HHD will not be that.
    Last edited by vennka; 06-08-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Sig by A r i a n e | art by me

Bells
    3DS
    4141-2559-2349
    Items: どうのぶつ森Toy HammerToy Hammer
Gift received at 05-23-2016, 03:01 PM from ThatOneCcj
Gift received at 05-21-2016, 10:01 PM from ThatOneCcj
Gift received at 10-10-2015, 09:15 PM from Ghostelle
Gift received at 08-09-2015, 03:27 AM from Corobo
Gift received at 06-20-2015, 06:16 PM from ThatOneCcj
Message: hillaruhsaur ?? more like..... uh.. CHILLaruhsaur...?
    I got HHD on the day it came out and I still play it sporadically, but I definitely agree with other people who says that it's a game that you can binge on then get tired of quickly. It's nice to have so many new items and ways to decorate but it's not as involved as ACNL and you don't get to decorate your landscape or anything so I feel it's a bit less enticing as previous games like new leaf. I'm not saying it's not fun or anything, I certainly enjoy it, but it's probably only worth the money is you enjoy decorating a lot and don't mind missing aspects that are in other games.

Bells
    3DS
    2724-4066-5680
    I nearly got HHD yesterday, but I second guessed because I remember watching a couple of complete game plays (I often do this so I get the feel for the game because I don't want to hoard games I don't end up touching- like my Harvest Moon: A New Beginning T__T).

Anyways, even watching it it seemed really repetitive, and it's only really good if you need practice on designing your rooms in New Leaf (which was what some gamers on youtube used it for). If you're into that, maybe you'll be obsessed with this one too!
    signature by: A r i a n e

Definitely get Zelda if you haven't already. I got Majora's Mask last year (my 1st zelda game) and absolutely fell in love with it!
    OK

Invisible Mode Always On Mr. Cat's Avatar
    Bells
    3DS
    4184-6846-4931
    Items: LeifAvatar AnimationMay Birthstone (Emerald)Tasty Cake
Gift received at 11-20-2015, 08:54 PM from Shimmer
    I might actually download it even though I like having physical copies of my games. I haven't been out to GameStop in a while though.

Bells
    3DS
    2767-1879-6650
    NN ID
    GMT +1
    Items: LeifMintJuly Birthstone (Ruby)May Birthstone (Emerald)Mother's Day Carnation
Gift received at 05-08-2016, 09:34 AM from p e p p e rSpring Shamrock
Gift received at 03-17-2016, 10:06 PM from UttumoriTasty Cake
Gift received at 11-27-2015, 11:10 PM from NijiNymphiaPeach (Fruit)
Gift received at 08-08-2015, 03:02 PM from toddishottCake
Gift received at 05-04-2015, 03:32 AM from hillaruhsaurRed Candy
Gift received at 11-01-2014, 02:14 AM from CrashGreen Candy
Gift received at 10-31-2014, 07:55 AM from Crash
    I guess it's worth buying if you want to improve your interior design skills. Although the animals are pretty much pleased with everything you make. Before I got HHD, I was pretty terrible with interior design and I lacked creativity. I'd put all my furniture against the walls, have furniture all from the same set in one room and so on. Considering how many animal's rooms I had to decorate, it encouraged me to try to make them different from eachother and try different techniques. Though there's no real reward for doing that, I just thought if I went to look back on rooms I decorated, I wouldn't want them all to look too similar. Keep in mind if you do choose to get the game, DLC is no longer in effect. I'm not too sure about the monthly challenge though.

Bells
    3DS
    4098-7483-3869
    Switch
    4205-4206-3432
    Items: Silver Mailbox
    It's cute and fun, but should have had much more integration with ACNL imo. It is a shame one can't save HHD data to an Amiibo and transfer their house to a ACNL game.
    Mayor Yuck!!! of Yukville

Villagers: Bob, Drago, Epona, Ganon, Jambette, Julian, Kidd, Poncho, Sylvia, Tiffany (WIP)