• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

HHD Worth Buying?

i think you should, its fun and all but not the type of game youd play everyday for hours. and legend of zelda games are soo fun. i recommend ocarina of time first

Not nearly as fascinating as the other animal crossing games but its still fun! Like many people have said it can get old and it's not something you'd play all day everyday, but it is fun and fascinating if you're in the mood! I got it when it first came out and I still play it every once and a while, amiibo cards can make it more fun though so I'd definitely get some if you don't already!

I liked it in the beginning, but I got bored fast. And now I never play it anymore.

As someone who waits for villagers to wake up in the morning designing houses is always a nice way to kill time! Also I feel like there's insight into villager's deeper personalities by designing a dream house.(this led to me liking the tough dude Rahser and adding him to my New Leaf town!)I personally would recommend buying it!:)

It does get boring but the key is to not play so much at once so you dont get worn out. I personally love it and havent once regretted buying it!

The game is definitely worth it, if you love designing houses in the main game series. But it does get very repetitive, there's no end reward (other than designing all the houses/facilities), and it can get boring if you play it too much. You don't even get your own house to decorate. Plus, to get EVERYTHING you need Play Coins (which are a pain in the neck to get as you can only obtain 10 a day and it requires 100 steps for just one coin). So if you want to change your hair/eyes/skin color or use custom-made patterns, you better get those coins.

I'd suggest doing 3-4 houses a day (and whatever facilities pop up along the way), but if you can handle more then go for it. Also, if you want to, you can go back and re-do a lot of the houses you designed in the beginning so it'll match your current ones. Also, only buy one thing with Play Coins per day so you can collect the max amount without spending it all at once (you'll be able to buy everything in the end don't worry).

That's really all the advice I have. ^u^

If you are not into designing and decorating, you will get bored fast. You can't design your own house. There is little to do besides organizing furniture. It's interesting as a concept, but it doesn't last long unless this is your dream game.

i like it but yeah i don't play every day i do it bec it's fun and i can do it before i go to sleep and not worry

Personally, I always end up playing my ACNL games more, but sometimes I do like to play and just design without having to take extra effort to get the items you want. I don't think it has helped me plan ideas better, too!

If you have some of the cards, too, I think that could add to it. But I guess it all depends on what you think you'd get out of it. Basically = designing houses/some buildings. And that's about it. So if you like that, you'll like the game.

I definitely think it should be much cheaper than it is, or at least for how much I bought it for, though.

It's okay i guess. I have it, haven't played in a long time. It was very fun when i got it but i got bored of it quick. Some people love it and play it a lot, but personally i think it gets boring fast. Just my opinion though.

Pro tip! P-O-K-E-M-O-N Pokemon! The 3ds ones are sooo good gen 7 more so!

If you like designing stuff, I think it will be worth buying. Because that's pretty much all you can do in it... lol.

Plus you can get items for your ACNL game if you participate in the contests.

I didn't play it often, but it's relaxing when i do feel like it. Then I lost it on an airplane and i was so sad :c

I like it, but I also love to rearrange & decorate things. I reaarange my actual house two-three times a month.

Do you like designing rooms/building? Then yes buy it.

Do you hate designing buildings and want more options then JUST designing? Maybe this game isn't for you

It's pretty relaxing and fun to play it for a bit. It's not as good as New Leaf but I did really enjoy it. I haven't played it in a while though.

I'd say it really just depends on how you play ACNL (or any life simulation game for that matter) do you like to redesign your mayor's house very often? Then this is the game for you. do you like to build relationships with your villagers but don't usually feel very creative when it comes to designing your own house? Then find a different game to play.

I personally like the game. It's a way to gather all my dream villagers in one huge community because just ten is not enough. Also the fact that you can decorate the insides of their houses however you like is cool in my book.

I really loved the game and for a period of time i prefered it over new leaf. there are so much more furniture options available like things hanging from the ceiling. I also reeeeeally enjoyed the gameplay and the fact that you can just use the touch pad to re arrange the furniture. so much faster :D

IMO, HHD is really good. Honestly, I think you should buy it!
Though, the fact that it IS a bit repetitive, could be a huge deal-breaker for you.

I bought mine used at GameStop, so I mean, to me, it was worth it....but, then again, I didnt have to pay an arm and a leg to get it. :p

The main objective of the whole game is to design and furnish houses by what the client wants.
So far, I've completed around 8~10 houses and a school, cafe, and hospital. :)

Hey, it keeps my mind busy when there is downtime in ACNL! Heh.. :3

Back